Trials DLC question

spacemonkey3k

• 6 years later...
9 hours ago, iExoria said:

same question, are the DLC's as hard as Inferno IV?

I'd say there are 2 or 3 extreme tracks in the DLC that are as hard or harder than Inferno IV. Meteorain and Way of the Machine from the top of my head. 

However, you don't need to complete the track challenges, you only need to beat the tracks, so if you keep playing the game and getting better you should be fine. 

• Like 1

The hardest part of the DLC is with some of the skill games as well as the dev times in the last pack. I feel the dev times are taking me longer than almost anything else in this game. (I still have a few base game challenges left) Aside from those, you should be able to get quite a bit of AGC% from completing all of the tracks and doing the random miscellaneous tasks.

42 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

The hardest part of the DLC is with some of the skill games as well as the dev times in the last pack. I feel the dev times are taking me longer than almost anything else in this game. (I still have a few base game challenges left) Aside from those, you should be able to get quite a bit of AGC% from completing all of the tracks and doing the random miscellaneous tasks.

I guess with Skill Games you are referring to "Speedcuber"... Fuck that minigame ? It is literally the only trophy that I found frustrating to get. 

As for the Dev times... they are tough to beat, but I thought it was incredibly fun to chase those times :)  

Maybe you find this helpful, who knows: 

Spoiler

• Like 3

I would argue that reaching the 5th circle is the hardest dlc trophy. The trophy is called ‘anger management’ for a reason. I fought the urge to throw my controller so many times. No matter how many times I tried I just couldn’t get past the 4th circle and then eventually I had a really lucky run and was able to do it. 

Speedcuber was really difficult as well but again I think I got quite lucky. 

Like the user above I really enjoyed beating the dev times, a couple of them are really hard but every time you get a faster time, it pushes you to keep getting faster and faster 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I guess with Skill Games you are referring to "Speedcuber"... Fuck that minigame 1f602.png It is literally the only trophy that I found frustrating to get. 

You still haven’t tried Anger Management the legitimate way huh? ?

14 minutes ago, ShaunJones94 said:

I would argue that reaching the 5th circle is the hardest dlc trophy. The trophy is called ‘anger management’ for a reason. I fought the urge to throw my controller so many times. No matter how many times I tried I just couldn’t get past the 4th circle and then eventually I had a really lucky run and was able to do it. 

I don’t think it’s the hardest DLC trophy, that goes to Redlynx to the Sword, but Anger Management was so incredibly frustrating to me. I know exactly what you mean.

• Like 1

I felt like Speedcuber really took the cake for most frustrating.

I was enjoying Anger Management, grinded it for a few hours and couldn't do it so I figured I'd leave it for last when I was a better player. When I went back to it I managed to get it quite fast actually.

I agree with the people saying Redlynx to the Sword was challenging, but since I was constantly improving my times and having plenty of fun with it, it didn't seem particularly draining or annoying, not nearly as much as having to get to level 30 in Speedcuber and losing and then having to get back there again.

I personally found Anger Management the hardest challenge out of DLC, didnt realise there is any sort of exploit for that. Anyway, beating it legit is probably way more satisfying anyway. As for Speedcuber, that one was only "hard" because the physics sucked, so you even had to re-learn how to handle some basic obstacles. 

Developer times were hell as well on 2-3 tracks, though very fun overall. I need a new Trials game in my life now! ?

• Like 1

Is there a consistent way to do pipemania? All the vids online are just people completing it I'm after one with a step by step way to it. 

I have 3 challenges left pipemania,top roach and roach in the machine. 

I know some challenges are harder than these 3 but I just can't do it for the life of me.

15 minutes ago, zl-Iain-Iz said:

Is there a consistent way to do pipemania? All the vids online are just people completing it I'm after one with a step by step way to it. 

I know some challenges are harder than these 3 but I just can't do it for the life of me.

I'm guessing you mean Pipephobia? That and Top Roach are probably the hardest 2 challenge in the whole game so it's gonna take a few tries. As for Pipephobia its mostly just muscle memory so the consistency comes with practice, theres no easy way to do it. Practicing individual checkpoints should be a good way to handle that and dont be afraid switch bikes. iirc I did it with the Roach, found him easiest to find the balance. The BMX is also one of the bikes you'll have easier time balancing so give them a try. You can also try tapping L2/R2 gently to maintain balance instead of only leaning as well as learning the one wheel bunny hop technique. 

EDIT: This is what I managed to find: https://youtu.be/bdZuZgrmqKQ

Edited by Miles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zl-Iain-Iz said:

I really sucked at Pipephobia, but now I can get it almost every time, and bw tracks have become my favorite type - it's just a matter of practice, though I must be an exceptionally slow learner as in my case it's probably over a thousand hours ? The good thing is that I've enjoyed most of it (90% of that time playing custom ninja tracks). I never completed Anger Management legitimately (the only thing I cheated in Fusion and Rising), but I see no point - the track really made me mad and once I learnt of the exploit, I was glad to move on and forget about it. But riding the Roach on the Way of the Machine is actually a very fun challenge that didn't stress me out at all even though I needed more than one try - I guess I don't handle well tasks where I can't take my time doing something :D 

2 hours ago, Miles said:

I'm guessing you mean Pipephobia? That and Top Roach are probably the hardest 2 challenge in the whole game so it's gonna take a few tries. As for Pipephobia its mostly just muscle memory so the consistency comes with practice, theres no easy way to do it. Practicing individual checkpoints should be a good way to handle that and dont be afraid switch bikes. iirc I did it with the Roach, found him easiest to find the balance. The BMX is also one of the bikes you'll have easier time balancing so give them a try. You can also try tapping L2/R2 gently to maintain balance instead of only leaning as well as learning the one wheel bunny hop technique. 

EDIT: This is what I managed to find: https://youtu.be/bdZuZgrmqKQ

I'll give it a shot with the BMX and study your video extensively.

6 hours ago, Miles said:

I personally found Anger Management the hardest challenge out of DLC, didnt realise there is any sort of exploit for that. Anyway, beating it legit is probably way more satisfying anyway. As for Speedcuber, that one was only "hard" because the physics sucked, so you even had to re-learn how to handle some basic obstacles. 

Developer times were hell as well on 2-3 tracks, though very fun overall. I need a new Trials game in my life now! 1f604.png

I think that it's not only about it being more satisfying. What's even the point of the exploit? By the time you get to trying this challenge you'll already have to be good enough to do extreme tracks and very hard challenges, if you are good enough for that you're good enough for this!

11 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I guess with Skill Games you are referring to "Speedcuber"... Fuck that minigame 1f602.png It is literally the only trophy that I found frustrating to get. 

As for the Dev times... they are tough to beat, but I thought it was incredibly fun to chase those times :)  

Maybe you find this helpful, who knows: 

I'll definitely take a look at your Sleepy Creek run! That's pretty much the big one that's been giving me trouble. Otherwise, the majority of them came pretty quickly. I think it's funny that the extreme track was easier to do than this hard track. Speedcuber and Anger Management are definitely the standout skill game challenges, for sure.

• 3 months later...

With the help of "University of Trials" on YouTube i managed to do Inferno 4 today :D

Pretty incredible how u understand the game physics better the more you play (and watch UniversityOfTrials).

Also managed to do the extreme tracks of DLC Packs 1,4 and 5.

Tried Way of the Machine as well a few times - but this one jump is just too much at the moment :D even if i manage to land it - my throttle control is too bad to get to the next checkpoint.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, iExoria said:

Tried Way of the Machine as well a few times - but this one jump is just too much at the moment :D even if i manage to land it - my throttle control is too bad to get to the next checkpoint.

Good job on Inferno IV :D You'll get the WotM soon, that's how it works with this game ;) (that is, as long as you keep playing it!). Btw, which jump do you mean specifically? I remember having major issues with the steep wall with a small step, once I got past it, I also finished the track. 

11 minutes ago, iExoria said:

That is exactly the point of the map that im referring to :D the obstacle on the steep wall after 2 bunny hops..

Additionally, I found out that the concept of fender grabbing isn't even that hard :D

Maybe watch some replays (not from the top players though), it often helps to understand what is needed to get over a certain part of the track. And no, fender grab is a simple technique, though it gets harder if you combine it with other techniques (only useful in ninja tracks).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, iExoria said:

I just did Wotm yesterday - after one attempt timing out on the final checkpoint 1f605.png

Kinda reliefing. 

Tried meteorain again and got stuck on the 2nd last checkpoint with the 4 consecutive bunny hoops 1f611.png

Good job! Keep trying and you'll get Meteorain too! Remember to watch some replays in slo-mo to see what others are doing, it makes a lot of sense to look at the inputs to see where they are leaning / braking etc.

• Like 2

Just did meteorain with 40 seconds left on the clock, pretty satisfied ?

Still wasnt able to do the consecutive bunny hops, did it after a save on the lower ramp. Just one extreme track left of the dlc that I currently own - deluge. 

PS: Well, deluge was no problem. So I've managed to get all the trophies for the extreme tracks of the season pass ?

Edited by iExoria