So I recieved this message earlier... Can this get your system banned?

Burcol

I received a message earlier today on PSN from a mod, apparently. The message claims that I stole an account from someone. You can see the message below. I just thought I would share this because it legitimately made me lol. And for the safety of the guys account who I apparently stole, I've edited his username out.

Just a quick question. I've reported these messages for impersonating a mod. Does anyone know how seriously PSN takes these kinds of reports? System ban or just banning the impersonated account?

Cheers! And I hope this makes you all laugh as much as it made me laugh.

post-106575-0-20241600-1412942056_thumb.png

Yeah, it's BS.  Console banning on PSN is definitely a thing that happens but I don't know the extent to which it is used or the offenses required for such a ban.  That being said, there exist (illegitimate) methods of un-banning your console so if the offender is serious about their douchery (and competent enough to do so, not placing any bets on the guy in the screenshot) it might be a moot point anyways.

I know this is fake. I just wanted to share it with you guys. His grammar is piss poor and it's nonsensical . I was just wondering what PSNs stance is on mod impersonation. Hopefully this guy does get console banned. Or rather, band. Anyway, steer clear of this guy.

I guess Sony are trying to meet a certain quoter.. that was Gary.. one of the ten mentally handicapped people they hired to show they give equal opportunities to even, the slowest members of society. Good for Gary I guess, sad day for you.  

• Like 1

I know this is fake. I just wanted to share it with you guys. His grammar is piss poor and it's nonsensical . I was just wondering what PSNs stance is on mod impersonation. Hopefully this guy does get console banned. Or rather, band. Anyway, steer clear of this guy.

I'd turn the tables and report his ass. Probably wouldn't do anything, but it'd be funny if he did get "band" for trolling someone like that.

• Like 1