Official SotM XVII

cmgravekeeper

Signature of the Month XVII  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite signature.

I have a simple question! How do you know if the contestant is the real maker aside from expecting the xcf or psd file?! I'm no skeptical but there are a lot of drafts around the internet", 

We're all reasonable people here, I don't think anyone would cheat on this just to win a monthly competition, it's a very friendly competition where everyone has a lot of fun making sigs, voting and seeing others' work.

It's not possible to tell 100% if the signature is yours, but if anyone ever cheats, it's cheating him/her self only.

• Like 2

We're all reasonable people here, I don't think anyone would cheat on this just to win a monthly competition, it's a very friendly competition where everyone has a lot of fun making sigs, voting and seeing others' work.

It's not possible to tell 100% if the signature is yours, but if anyone ever cheats, it's cheating him/her self only.

Thanks for the answer", that was nice you believed each other", anyway I asked the question because I found out that graphic contest here is not that tight! Some are very tight with it comes to the requirements, some are has it's own collaboration thread to prove he/she truly made the entry. I'm no comparing, it was just my observation", 

i wanna here other answers for the question, nice contest anyway", i will try to join later",

Edited by ReverzerO-
  • Like 1

I have a simple question! How do you know if the contestant is the real maker aside from expecting the xcf or psd file?! I'm no skeptical but there are a lot of drafts around the internet", 

Thanks for the answer", that was nice you believed each other", anyway I asked the question because I found out that graphic contest here is not that tight! Some are very tight with it comes to the requirements, some are has it's own collaboration thread to prove he/she truly made the entry. I'm no comparing, it was just my observation", 

i wanna here other answers for the question, nice contest anyway", i will try to join later",

I understand what you're saying and yeah it's impossible to know if someone is cheating or not, but I know enough of everyone's work here to know that it hasn't been an issue. Out of 37 past entrants there are only 2 entrants (1 winner) who only entered once who I don't really have other work to compare with to know if their style matches. That's 2 out of 104 total SotM entries, which isn't really enough for me to create strict rules to make entrants prove they are the makers of the sig. That would probably annoy people and make them not want to enter, killing off the SotM just as it's gotten popular in the past few months.

But yeah this competition has no real monetary award attached and it's not impacting anyone's career. If anyone feels like they need to cheat to win, then congratulations to them if it makes them feel better. I sympathize people who are not talented enough to do something themselves so they use someone else's work to gain some sense of accomplishment.

Looking forward to a future entry from you! :P

Edited by cmgravekeeper
  • Like 1

I understand what you're saying and yeah it's impossible to know if someone is cheating or not, but I know enough of everyone's work here to know that it hasn't been an issue. Out of 37 past entrants there are only 2 entrants (1 winner) who only entered once who I don't really have other work to compare with to know if their style matches. That's 2 out of 104 total SotM entries, which isn't really enough for me to create strict rules to make entrants prove they are the makers of the sig. That would probably annoy people and make them not want to enter, killing off the SotM just as it's gotten popular in the past few months.

But yeah this competition has no real monetary award attached and it's not impacting anyone's career. If anyone feels like they need to cheat to win, then congratulations to them if it makes them feel better. I sympathize people who are not talented enough to do something themselves so they use someone else's work to gain some sense of accomplishment.

Looking forward to a future entry from you! :P

Heh, I feel unique now :P.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't see the point of cheating in this. There's no prize or even huge internet fame to be won. We're all just having fun here and a lot of people learn as they go and even end up entering. It's all just for fun, showing of your work is more important than winning.

• Like 1

but i believe a solid artist wont accept defeat if he/she found out they've been cheated even though there is no monetary award", anyway nice conversation", im still willing to hear some answers",

• Like 1

but i believe a solid artist wont accept defeat if he/she found out they've been cheated even though there is no monetary award", anyway nice conversation", im still willing to hear some answers",

Lmao. Do you watch any sports? Do you realize that there is always the possibilty that someone somewhere is cheated to have certain results happen? Elections happen throughout the world, are you saying no cheating happens? Should we stop playing sports and having elections because of the possibility of cheating? Kids cheat in school exams, do we close all the schools? Heck, with the strict requirements you speak of, I can make someone a signature, explain every little detail to them step by step and they can copy and paste it and use it as their own submission. You mention the possibility of cheating as the reason why one shouldn't enter, but even the method you mention doesn't eliminate the possibility of cheating. 

As the person that hosts the SotM and keeps track of everything, including the names of voters and what they vote for, I'm not exactly sure what answer you're looking for. Every entrant from my knowledge has no problem with the legitimacy of this competition. The fact that I'm competitive yet have come in close 2nd Places so many times and that I've had someone I had personal issues with in the past win the competition should also signify there's no issue with rigged voting either from my part as the host. So yeah not sure why you're looking for answers but feel free to enter or vote if you're still interested.

• Like 2

Lmao. Do you watch any sports? Do you realize that there is always the possibilty that someone somewhere is cheated to have certain results happen? Elections happen throughout the world, are you saying no cheating happens? Should we stop playing sports and having elections because of the possibility of cheating? Kids cheat in school exams, do we close all the schools? Heck, with the strict requirements you speak of, I can make someone a signature, explain every little detail to them step by step and they can copy and paste it and use it as their own submission. You mention the possibility of cheating as the reason why one shouldn't enter, but even the method you mention doesn't eliminate the possibility of cheating. 

As the person that hosts the SotM and keeps track of everything, including the names of voters and what they vote for, I'm not exactly sure what answer you're looking for. Every entrant from my knowledge has no problem with the legitimacy of this competition. The fact that I'm competitive yet have come in close 2nd Places so many times and that I've had someone I had personal issues with in the past win the competition should also signify there's no issue with rigged voting either from my part as the host. So yeah not sure why you're looking for answers but feel free to enter or vote if you're still interested.

yes i do", what happened you asked these questions?! you've already answered the question from your first reply. if someone are willing to answer just feel free", as of now im still observing before joining", 

• Like 1