Do you want a season 2?

kittygirl2010

As for me, I say ABSOLUTELY!!!  :yay: With an ending like that, those who finished know what I'm talking about, how can there not be?!

This game was SO beautiful and extremely fun! The voice acting was pretty good and the combat, while a hack a slash, was very easy to grasp.

Might I also add how *insert chocobo chirp* adorable and funny Fidget is?!  :wub:

Anyway, fangirling aside, I want to know if anyone who has played this game would like to see a sequel? Everyone's opinions are welcome.

Edited by kittygirl2010
  • Like 2

I haven't played the game yet because my wife is being greedy with her PS4 time. But I am happy that when everyone was bitching last week about how awful the PS+ selection was going to be this month, I commented that Dust looked like it would be a pretty good side scroller. Its spot as the 5th most popular game on PSNP right now appears to vindicate that comment somewhat.

• Like 2

Yes! This is one of my favourite games ever  B)

I had actually never heard of it before I saw the list of PS Plus games for this month. I always download everything even though I don't get around to actually playing them all. But I'm sooooo glad I took time to play this.

I didn't have high expectations as I had never heard of it. I loved the story, and the gameplay was easy and fun. Not saying the game itself was easy but the mechanics - fighting etc.

I also love 2D games so that was also a plus.

So I would definitely like to see the story continue :D Especially with that ending  B)

I really want to see a sequel set in the same universe, but I wouldn't mind them changing things up a bit.

Keep Fidget, she was awesome. 

Like, idk but they could say that Dust's dual soul was reincarnated into a new host, so you could play as a different animal or whatever.

I think the combo's could have been made a bit more free-form. Like let me swap between light and heavy attacks on the fly, without it cancelling one combo and starting another.

But in terms of world-building, it looked gorgeous, the voices were perfect and the locations and characters were engaging. I would love another Elysian Tail!

At the end, it seems quite clear that they will release a sequel some day.

I just hope they greatly improve their character-drawing technique for the next one. It's the only thing that bothered me about this game: while the backgrounds are gorgeous, the characters/monsters/NPCs kind of look like coloured sketches to me.

But whatever, I enjoyed a lot this title. I'm actually playing it again on hardcore mode. My support goes to this awesome game and towards a possible Dust 2.   

J >  :highfive: < C

As for me, I say ABSOLUTELY!!!  :yay: With an ending like that, those who finished know what I'm talking about, how can there not be?!

This game was SO beautiful and extremely fun! The voice acting was pretty good and the combat, while a hack a slash, was very easy to grasp.

Might I also add how *insert chocobo chirp* adorable and funny Fidget is?!  :wub:

Anyway, fangirling aside, I want to know if anyone who has played this game would like to see a sequel? Everyone's opinions are welcome.

Kitty I agree a 2nd Dust game would be awesome. I have played it on the pc and I am now working on the ps4 version I have always loved the feel of this game it is one of the most enjoyable games around

Season 2 should only be used for games with episodic formats >_>

John you know what she meant <_< lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I would love to see another Dust game. I honestly loved everything about it, and I wasn't expecting it to be this good. The characters are awesome which led to a great story. This is one of my favourite PS4 games so far. Hopefully we get to see another game soon.

• 2 months later...

I haven't finished it yet but so far I love the game, it's beautiful fun and Fidget is so cute and funny. 

Fidget has made me lol a bunch. The writing and voice acting has surprised me by how good it is.

I still need to go back and finish it as well. I plan to grab the plat but other games have pulled me away since I started. 

It shouldn't be 'Season 2' because that applies to American television shows and Episodic video games like Tell-Tale games. A 'SEQUEL' on the other hand may be good or bad for some people.

I haven't really given the game much of my time, because let's face it there ARE better game out there, but you can't deny that it has pretty nice visual and easy to grasp hack-n-slash gameplay. But that's not fun for me. I want something with a bit more than just mashing buttons and slashing foo's left right and centre. 

If they make a second it has to have better voice acting and a better story from the start. I felt like I plunged into god knows what and all I had to do was move right, slash a bit, get some keys and move right some more. That said, if they manage to keep the visuals and the humour, and apply some better story telling then I believe a sequel should be more than feasible. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A sequel? Sure! Dust is a pretty good game with lots of room for improvement. Less padded (but still greatly entertaining/impactful) cutscenes would be a start, but I'd mostly look forward to seeing the game expand upon its Metroidvania/Beat-'em-Up elements. Do what Guacamelee did and introduce a lot more unlockable moves that are equally useful in combat and exploration.

• 4 weeks later...