Alien Isolation Review

Saltyie

Just Started playing the game yesterday and i'm loving it ! 

Which is surprising considering i don't really like horror games all that much 

mainly because i haven't played any true horror games since Silent Hill 

the whole presentation & sound design is top notch !

Great review by the way !

This game isn't connected to Colonial Marines in any way, is it? Is it a sequel to Colonial Marines, or a separate game that's set in the Aliens universe?

Completely separate. I believe they actually made Isolation canon, as a direct sequel to Alien (they did the same for colonial marines, but revoked it's canon status at launch).

• Like 1

Completely separate. I believe they actually made Isolation canon, as a direct sequel to Alien (they did the same for colonial marines, but revoked it's canon status at launch).

Good to know. The only thing that would keep me from this is the fact that I need to play Colonial Marines.

Even if they were both related directly to the movies, this game takes place 15 years after Alien (the first movie) and Colonial Marines is set shortly after Aliens (the second movie). Since the two movies are set 57 years apart, Colonial Marines doesn't take place until around 42 years after the events of Isolation.

It was fun to read this, I guess I'm like at the half way through the game and I really enjoy it. There's one thing I'm pretty disappointed in and it's the Alien AI walking by without noticing me if I'm crouched at the corner of the room. Anyway I guess it's because I'm doing it on easy and hope it's gonna change. Great review!