Trophies Difficulty?

IrishNexus

I've been debating getting this since its release, and have recently been watching a playthrough on YouTube and it does indeed look fun. I'm currently working on perfecting Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, and soon I'll be getting Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!, and next month is Assassin's Creed Unity, Rogue, and Far Cry 4.

What I was wondering is that, for anyone who currently owns this, how are the trophies in terms of difficulty and awkwardness? If I picked this up to play some time in the near future, I was just curious what difficulty level the trophies are to obtain.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working through my second playthrough on hard while going for the no deaths trophy too. It hasn't been too difficult so far but the Xenomorph, humans and androids are more alert. You don't get any penalty to craftable items etc, just the alertness part.

I plan on finishing this off then heading back in for a third playthrough on easy to mop up the collectibles and the 100 deaths trophies.

I love this game!

It's definitely not a hard game to plat.  The alien is MUCH more aggressive on hard mode than easy, though.  But that ratchets up the tension and really adds to the atmosphere.  If you're going for both trophies and enjoyability, do your first playthrough on hard, getting the maximum tension from the game while everything is new.   Then, do a second playthrough on easy for your no deaths, no human kills run.  IDs and nostromo logs carry over between games, so you can pick up the ones you missed during this second run.  And, if you do your hard run first without worrying about deaths, you won't be as frustrated by the occasional instakill sequences.

I wouldn't suggest doing your no death run on hard, mostly because it's far easier to get your 100 deaths via alien on hard and doing the whole pause, reload last save thing on hard can add hours to your playthrough, draining the enjoyability out of the experience.  On easy, I haven't died once (I'm on chapter 17) and only reloaded when I accidentally killed Taylor in the transit station (who knew you could do that?!).  I didn't die, but I didn't want to risk the fail state I got counting as a death.