Finally stepping forward

DaisyVilla102

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO!!

I loved that game when I was younger! Played it on PC and SNES!

Welcome to the forums! I liked your introduction, there is obviously a lot of depth to you in your experience, what with the military and being overseas :)

Also, +1 for being a metal fan! :)

Are you excited to see where this new Silent Hill coming out goes? I think the combination of Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro will be interesting, but who knows what kind of chemistry they can pull off when the smoke clears.

Edited by DPtheGod
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the welcomes! I'm glad you enjoyed wading through my short story that I swear I didn't mean to write!  xD Now I feel less like :ninja: and more like  :wave:

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO!!

I loved that game when I was younger! Played it on PC and SNES!

Welcome to the forums! I liked your introduction, there is obviously a lot of depth to you in your experience, what with the military and being overseas :)

Also, +1 for being a metal fan! :)

Are you excited to see where this new Silent Hill coming out goes? I think the combination of Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro will be interesting, but who knows what kind of chemistry they can pull off when the smoke clears.

Ha, cool! Carmen Sandiego was pretty fun, especially instead of actual schoolwork!

:facepalm: And I can't believe I forgot that for Christmas of 1982 a relative who was stationed in Japan got me a Donkey Kong Game & Watch system. It was my preciousss for years!

I am... cautiously optimistic for Silent Hills. I've played P.T. over and over again, and I am very impressed with it of course, but if they make a full-length game based on that whole community-puzzle-solving premise they used for the demo, I think I will lose my mind.  :shakefist:  You know what would make me really happy, though? Seeing Akira Yamaoka's name attached to Silent Hills. If I see that, it will be accompanied by "Ode to Joy" and rays of heavenly light streaming down from the sky.  :P

...and thanks for the +1, btw! Nice to meet a fellow fan! \m/

Hey, welcome! I'm actually really new here too and your introduction is loooooong but awesome!

I kinda didn't write that much but I tried explaining myself as much as I could. I'm going to join premium soon just like you but other then that, enjoy your stay at this site and make yourself at home!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, Daisy. I read all of it and it was very enjoyable. You gotta be somewhere's around my age/generation - 40 years young - cuz I know all about the old arcades - Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Jr. and later in the late '80s, Dragon's Lair were my faves - and I had an Atari 2600 and a Commodore 64. Anyways, welcome to the forums and thank you for the nostalgic read.

Also, +1 for SpongeBob. I love him and The Fairly Oddparents and Foster's Home for imaginary Friends. And another +1 for the metal. I listen to everything, but lately mostly Korn and Deftones and the like and EDM mostly Armin Van Buuren, Cosmic Gate, Hardwell, etc.

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 1

That's totally why I never made an introduction myself, I can also be quite wordy. I try to force myself to skim it down, but than I don't know what to write to make it so.

Ooo, I love Silent Hill, but I'm too chicken to play them except Book of Memories. One of these days I'll force myself, seeing as I buy them anyway. I know I have a HD collection of 1-3. Or 1-2. Or 2-3. I'll watch any horror movie, though. Even if it sounds completely stupid. Other Clever name.

All hail Cartoon Network, that's nearly all I watch. Or Comedy Network. I prefer to use my TV for games, so I don't invest in any big series. I'll only watch The Walking Dead when I happen across it. I did enjoy what I seen of Grim years ago.

• Like 1

Thank you!

PipeSwinger, I really like your sig gif!  :yay:

Welcome to the forums, Daisy. I read all of it and it was very enjoyable. You gotta be somewhere's around my age/generation - 40 years young - cuz I know all about the old arcades - Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Jr. and later in the late '80s, Dragon's Lair were my faves - and I had an Atari 2600 and a Commodore 64. Anyways, welcome to the forums and thank you for the nostalgic read.

Also, +1 for SpongeBob. I love him and The Fairly Oddparents and Foster's Home for imaginary Friends. And another +1 for the metal. I listen to everything, but lately mostly Korn and Deftones and the like and EDM mostly Armin Van Buuren, Cosmic Gate, Hardwell, etc.

Yes, I am actually a tiny bit older than you. *sigh* ^_^  On the rare occasion that I had money to spend in an arcade when I was a kid, my favorite to play was Pole Position. I remember always wishing so badly that I could play Dragon's Lair whenever I saw it in an arcade! Didn't know how it was played, but I was always drawn to the way it looked like a movie. So when they released it on PSN, I got excited and bought it right away. Then I played it. And omigosh I hated it, lol. I was so irritated with it I still haven't used the option to watch it without playing. I really should have done my research on that one... someday I'll gather up my patience and try it again.

Ah, cartoons and metal... a winning combination (although I do dig Chip Skylark singing My Shiny Teeth and Me:D 

That's totally why I never made an introduction myself, I can also be quite wordy. I try to force myself to skim it down, but than I don't know what to write to make it so.

Ooo, I love Silent Hill, but I'm too chicken to play them except Book of Memories. One of these days I'll force myself, seeing as I buy them anyway. I know I have a HD collection of 1-3. Or 1-2. Or 2-3. I'll watch any horror movie, though. Even if it sounds completely stupid. Other Clever name.

All hail Cartoon Network, that's nearly all I watch. Or Comedy Network. I prefer to use my TV for games, so I don't invest in any big series. I'll only watch The Walking Dead when I happen across it. I did enjoy what I seen of Grim years ago.

The HD collection is for 2 & 3, and even though it's definitely not HD, I highly recommend you play the first Silent Hill, especially before you play the third. And oh yes, horror movies I'm a sucker for, even the sub-B-movie ones. I used to watch USA's Up All Night with Gilbert Gottfried and Rhonda Shear, MonsterVision with Joe Bob Briggs, and of course MST3K. My favorite serious ones though are the horror-scifi-space ones, like Event Horizon, Alien, and Pitch Black:wub:   And pretty much everything I watch is on Netflix or Amazon Prime; I rarely watch actual television programming anymore. I am a season behind on The Walking Dead TV show-- I also need to get caught up on the comics, but I'm further in them than what I've seen in the first three seasons of the show.

• Like 1

The HD collection is for 2 & 3, and even though it's definitely not HD, I highly recommend you play the first Silent Hill, especially before you play the third. And oh yes, horror movies I'm a sucker for, even the sub-B-movie ones. I used to watch USA's Up All Night with Gilbert Gottfried and Rhonda Shear, MonsterVision with Joe Bob Briggs, and of course MST3K. My favorite serious ones though are the horror-scifi-space ones, like Event Horizon, Alien, and Pitch Black :wub:   And pretty much everything I watch is on Netflix or Amazon Prime; I rarely watch actual television programming anymore. I am a season behind on The Walking Dead TV show-- I also need to get caught up on the comics, but I'm further in them than what I've seen in the first three seasons of the show.

I picked it up a while ago, I knew it was one of those three. xD I know they're a trilogy. I remember the stories of 1 and 3, but have forgotten 2. So it works for me. Provided I get the courage.

I don't have netflix. I download and watch on my laptop or buy them. So the only thing familiar to me is Alien and The Walking Dead. I think I'm caught up with the last. I found a marathon a few days ago leading up to the new season. My horror preference is usually ghosts, zombies, and dolls. Like Dead Silence.

• Like 1