What annoys you most in gaming?

ANTIOX_

Hey, I thought this would be a good topic!!

Personally its got to be people who swap teams in online games just to be on the winning team to get more points resulting in majorly unbalanced teams!!!

gggrrrr...... killzone 2 really winds me up because of this :angry:

anyway what makes you want to throw the controller across the room when gaming??????

• Like 3

When alot of cheap things that makes a game more challenging occurs, I get easily annoyed. For example, on Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, whenever someone uses Deidara and only presses :square: to defeat me annoys me, because they only have to mash on one button! I get a kick out of kicking Deidara's ass in that game because of that.

Trophies are my biggest annoyance. Not because I don't enjoy collecting them or enjoy watching my PSN level increase, but because I know many people who flat out refuse to play fantastic games because the trophy list is hard, or because the game doesn't have a platinum or whatever the case may be. For someone to completely write off a game based on the trophy list is absolutely crazy to me. Even if I a game has a ridiculous trohy list where you don't get a single trophy for story based progress or completing the game, I'd have no problem playing it if it was my cup of tea. Hell, White Knight Chronicles is pretty much like that and I loved that game.

Parker

This describes my feelings towards trophies. And it's unfortunate I am one of the people swayed by trophy lists. But I'd rather play a good game with a hard trophy list than suffer through a horrible game with an easy one.

• Like 2

- When lag slows you down and messes you up. (Super Empire Strikes Back)

- Douchebags that use Frag rounds in BF3.

- Cutscenes that can't be skipped!

- Dying in a tough spot and facing a cutscene that can't be skipped! hurr

- When people blast music through their headset... it's almost always shitty music too.

- Overhyped games that tons of people get just to realize that it's shit. (Killzone 3, COD, Sonic the Hedgehog etc..)

- Games that lay under the radar that turn out to be some of the best ones that you've played in awhile that nobody knows about because the piece of shit overhyped games are brainwashing the masses :((Shadows of the Damned, The Warriors, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission.)

Trophies are my biggest annoyance. Not because I don't enjoy collecting them or enjoy watching my PSN level increase, but because I know many people who flat out refuse to play fantastic games because the trophy list is hard, or because the game doesn't have a platinum or whatever the case may be. For someone to completely write off a game based on the trophy list is absolutely crazy to me. Even if I a game has a ridiculous trohy list where you don't get a single trophy for story based progress or completing the game, I'd have no problem playing it if it was my cup of tea. Hell, White Knight Chronicles is pretty much like that and I loved that game.

Parker

Yea, that's unfortunate, but there are a lot of trophies that have pushed me into doing things that I normally would not have done that turned out to be pretty cool.

• Like 4

6. People who purposely try and ruin other players games. I am not talking about the new gamer who may be learning the ropes and pulls a bonehead move (we have all done that), but those fucktards who purposely team-kill, shoot or whatever with no other goal than to mess up a gaming session.

I unfortunately, tend to be this guy on Call of Duty. I don't necessarily want to ruin my team, but I go knifing the whole game because I find it more engaging and fun than shooting em up. Some games I'll be good at knifing, some games I'll be bad, but in the end, it wasn't the purposeful idea of ruining another allies game, but to embarrass the enemy team.

Parker

You would hate me then I guess. :lol: Though I just won't spend my time and money on games without trophies at all, I don't mind a difficult trophy list/no platinum. I have enough awesome games with trophies. ;)

My biggest annoyance are people online who clearly abuse exploits, but act as though they are actually good at the game. Find that a lot in NHL 12 and probably sports games in general. Instead of playing hockey, they just try the same one or two high percentage scoring attempts (such a high percentage I feel confident calling it a borderline exploit) the entire game. If you try these things enough, they will go in... no matter how good I play. Then to gloat like you actually have any idea how hockey is played? Give me a break.

sorry americans but i find you guys kinda annoying its always some american dude whos on the mic acting like a child or thinking their the dogs bollocks. very rarely its someone from another country who acts like this...... maybe its just the fact that people from america make up most of the percentage of gamers, who knows?!

• Like 1

- When lag slows you down and messes you up. (Super Empire Strikes Back)

- Douchebags that use Frag rounds in BF3.

- Cutscenes that can't be skipped!

- Dying in a tough spot and facing a cutscene that can't be skipped! hurr

- When people blast music through their headset... it's almost always shitty music too.

- Overhyped games that tons of people get just to realize that it's shit. (Killzone 3, COD, Sonic the Hedgehog etc..)

- Games that lay under the radar that turn out to be some of the best ones that you've played in awhile that nobody knows about because the piece of shit overhyped games are brainwashing the masses :((Shadows of the Damned, The Warriors, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission.)

Yea, that's unfortunate, but there are a lot of trophies that have pushed me into doing things that I normally would not have done that turned out to be pretty cool.

Very true, which is which is why I don't dislike trophies. They can give a person that little extra "push" to do something or play something they normally wouldn't have, but unfortunately it also works opposite making people miss things they may enjoy just because of a difficult trophy or whatever.

You would hate me then I guess. :lol: Though I just won't spend my time and money on games without trophies at all, I don't mind a difficult trophy list/no platinum. I have enough awesome games with trophies. ;)

My biggest annoyance are people online who clearly abuse exploits, but act as though they are actually good at the game. Find that a lot in NHL 12 and probably sports games in general. Instead of playing hockey, they just try the same one or two high percentage scoring attempts (such a high percentage I feel confident calling it a borderline exploit) the entire game. If you try these things enough, they will go in... no matter how good I play. Then to gloat like you actually have any idea how hockey is played? Give me a break.

You've got me all wrong. I don't dislike the players, I just dislike the fact that trophies can make or break a game for someone. Obviously trophies don't bother me whether they are there or not, or if the game has the hardest trophy list of all time, but I do kinda feel bad for people when I see them post something like "oh, not platinum trophy for this game, looks like I'll have to pass." I just can't understand why someone wouldn't but a game they would enjoy just because there aren't as many trophies as they want. I've seen tons of people pass up on House of the Dead III just because it doesn't have a platinum trophy.

sorry americans but i find you guys kinda annoying its always some american dude whos on the mic acting like a child or thinking their the dogs bollocks. very rarely its someone from another country who acts like this...... maybe its just the fact that people from america make up most of the percentage of gamers, who knows?!

What games are you speaking of? Because personally, in online rooms in GT5 it seems to be the Europeans that are the jackasses. I've been kicked from countless lobbies after I win multiple races. They throw all sorts of "insults" about me and America and then kick me.

Obviously I'm not stupid enough to think that most Europeans are like that, and it's the vast minority of players that are loud, crude and rude.

Parker

• Like 1

I agree with Wade on playing MP and having to hear some jackass blaring his music in the background. :shakefist:

I also really hate when die in MP and spawn right in front of the guy that killed you so he can kill you again. :angry:

That's why god invented the mute button...most of the mp can shut off one person's mic...then you boot him/her offa the team...move along, nothing to see here.

as for part 2...yeah, that does get annoying, but karma usually balances out when you spawn behind him for the back o' the headshot kill.

That's why god invented the mute button...most of the mp can shut off one person's mic...then you boot him/her offa the team...move along, nothing to see here.

as for part 2...yeah, that does get annoying, but karma usually balances out when you spawn behind him for the back o' the headshot kill.

It's usually the intermission between matches where I hear the music.

Yea karma is a bitch, but you are right I've done plenty of spawn killing just from continuing on my path. :)

I would also like to add that I really, really hate collectable trophies that require you 100%. I always end up missing one and have no idea where it is.