What annoys you most in gaming?

ANTIOX_

One thing that annoys me is when people don't like it when you have a console preference, it's very difficult for me to talk about Xbox these days in most gaming forums that I stop bothering. I'm aware the 360 lacks exclusive, however I don't regret buying it.I enjoyed having a xbox360 despite it's flaws, I really can't stand console wars.To me that's what kills gaming and turns people off from trying out other stuff. 

• Like 2

One thing that annoys me is when people don't like it when you have a console preference, it's very difficult for me to talk about Xbox these days in most gaming forums that I stop bothering. I'm aware the 360 lacks exclusive, however I don't regret buying it.I enjoyed having a xbox360 despite it's flaws, I really can't stand console wars.To me that's what kills gaming and turns people off from trying out other stuff. 

I totally, 100% completely agree. XBox360 sucks, PS3 is the best!!!!! ;)

• Like 1

It annoys me how WRPGs think an open world is an excuse for having a stupid story and boring combat.  Oblivion is a perfect example of this.  Yeah, I can do whatever I want, it doesn't matter if all of it's boring.  Also, RPGs in general that deviate from standard leveling in a stupid way (again, Oblivion is a perfect example of this).  I don't mind open world games or new stuff, just hate when it's done poorly.

Yeah, starting to hate multiplayer trophies more and more daily. They are never fun! EVER!

Yup been straying from buying games that have online trophies.

Was looking forward to GOW: Ascension until they announced MP, same with Tomb Raider. Missing out on decent campaigns, but don`t want the hassle of grinding out online trophies.

• Like 1

Yup been straying from buying games that have online trophies.

Was looking forward to GOW: Ascension until they announced MP, same with Tomb Raider. Missing out on decent campaigns, but don`t want the hassle of grinding out online trophies.

God of War's multiplayer trophies take 5 minutes to do. You just complete the training and then you are done (you never even enter multiplayer)

• Cheating A.I. - As in when the CPU does the same thing you do but suffers less drawbacks/more benefits or when it is like they just read your inputs...
  • Falling through the ground.
  • Getting stuck in a piece of the environment.
  • Glitches that prevent game progression forcing you to reload an earlier save or start from scratch.

• Those that quit just because they're losing.
  • Certain messages mainly for when you win/lose but the random ones as well.
  • Lag.
  • People boosting in ranked matches just standing there in fighting games, I get you just want the matches played but I don't want a win from that... 
  • People with mics that have either music blaring or just have to yell profanities at their loudest during an entire game.

Pretty much everything that most of you are saying.

- AIs that are terrible

- Lag or trouble connecting to multiplayer

- DLC. I liked them when they were expansions of the game, something clearly different that adds to the game. I disliked them when they turned into ripped parts of a game, something that is constantly happening. If I buy a game it has to be complete (GTA IV was complete, its DLC were clearly additions - L.A. Noire, however, was full of holes that needed to be filled... buying content)

- Loading screens - I mean, I understand that a game has to load properly, but after playing a few games in an open environment like GTA IV or RDR, it's hard to believe that you have to wait so long only to change through small sections (yes, I'm looking at you Mass Effect 2, damn, every time I got into the elevator I'd come to the forums while waiting!!)

- And... something that really bothers is the camera, more than anything for me. The camera is what made so difficult for me to get used to some Metal Gears (and the reason why I didn't like it at the beginning). I still play, of course, but I prefer to move it whenever possible, it's something essential for me.

I hate A.I. in the coop game i'm playing. it always get itself killed (NGS2) <_<

I hate a game which has full of glitches and enemies warping around the screen. Sometimes, enemies would just hit you out of nowhere- (NG3) <_< 

I hate luck based "S" ranks - (Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City) <_<

I hate when a game crashes just when you're almost done beating it.

• Like 1

I hate A.I. in the coop game i'm playing. it always get itself killed (NGS2) <_<

I hate a game which has full of glitches and enemies warping around the screen. Sometimes, enemies would just hit you out of nowhere- (NG3) <_<

I hate luck based "S" ranks - (Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City) <_<

I hate when a game crashes just when you're almost done beating it.

Crappy AI? hey there resident evil 5

• Like 1

Easily the Fanboys. No matter the system there are always people who will rush to the defense of their console any time anyone has any critiques or problems with their console. This annoys me to no end and i cant believe how stupid some of them are. I prefer PS3 gaming over all else but i am able to realize that there are aspects of gaming that the other systems do better in such as graphics for PC and online experience for Xbox (don't know what the Wii or Wii U does better). I also know that no one who makes the consoles and PCs  care that i'm willing to shed the blood of some Microsoft fanboys to prove that PS3 is ultimately better. To them all we are is dollar bills to be harvested. When did gaming become who has the best system and stop being just a fun way to kill time that we all enjoy. The thing is we all know people like this and when ever i meet someone like this whether it be online or in person i make a point of telling them that people are laughing at them for being so stupid. My philosophy find a platform that suits your needs and shut up about it. I'm not saying you aren't aloud to boast about a particular game or be proud of your  console but everybody caught up in this stupid console war is a looser because they are fighting and hating thier fellow gamer instead of celebrating the games they enjoy.  

• Cheating A.I. - As in when the CPU does the same thing you do but suffers less drawbacks/more benefits or when it is like they just read your inputs...
  • Falling through the ground.
  • Getting stuck in a piece of the environment.
  • Glitches that prevent game progression forcing you to reload an earlier save or start from scratch.

• Those that quit just because they're losing.
  • Certain messages mainly for when you win/lose but the random ones as well.
  • Lag.
  • People boosting in ranked matches just standing there in fighting games, I get you just want the matches played but I don't want a win from that... 
  • People with mics that have either music blaring or just have to yell profanities at their loudest during an entire game.

ugh... about the cheating A.I, GT5 should come to my mind first, there's these seasonal races. it have a requirement something like only 340PP allowable and hard racing tiers / only one type of a cars let's just say it's a nissan GTR only, even if you pick the right requirement exactly like what been asked and all of you got the same cars with the same performance you'll still not gonna reach the 2nd place, something like if a race ask you for a 350PP the A.I will enter the race with 450PP and limit you with the 350PP.

Whenever a game glitches and an item isn't there, especially if that item is essential to progressing. In example, the mission or quest is to retrieve object A, but upon arrival, object A is mysteriously gone.

But my most frustrating moments in gaming are when the gameplay lags, even on single-player. This is when you press a button, but the game doesn't respond for 5 seconds, yet by then, you have already pressed the button again, creating a second action that you did not want.

When I use to play Call of Duty I use to hate little kids. Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against kids, but it's an M rated game and there are 9 year olds playing it. They wouldn't know anything about how to play the game, and they would just be straight up stupid. However in other games what bothers me is when I get more than challenged. I like being challenged, but not to the point where I get pissed off. Like Senator Armstrong, the final boss in Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

• Like 2

I hate online lag.

I'm a tekken player for years and lag annoys me because it makes the match so cheap and damn boring. People will do whatever cheap moves to win the match and both of us can't even perform a basic combo. 

About MP, I don't hate them becuase it's good for a game. I know lots of trophy hunters don't like MP trophies because they only care about earning trophies ASAP and then never touch them. MP makes the game better and if it's a good/fun design, then you can play it longer even you've already plated the game. So don't hate MP because you can't earn it fast or need more time to practice your skills.

One thing annoys me when playing MP online is bugs that casue the unfair effect such as some guns in uncharted 2. Also I hate people abusing bad language when they got killed or lost.   

Edited by JKDdragonwithin
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...