Chapter trophies not unlocking?

Gyrathus

So I am in Chapter 3 now and I haven't gotten the Chapter 2 trophy... is my game bugged or something, or am I supposed to do something specific in the chapter?

Here is the trophy I didn't get...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2983-The-Evil-Within/33-%C3%80-la-Corvo

It looks like it has an objective. Haven't played the game but it looks like you have to get past "Them" without fighting. Not sure who "them" is, but I think that's what is required for you to do. I think that the (Ch.2) is just to help you out so you know that it has to be done in chapter 2.

So I am in Chapter 3 now and I haven't gotten the Chapter 2 trophy... is my game bugged or something, or am I supposed to do something specific in the chapter?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2983-The-Evil-Within/33-À-la-Corvo

I took a glance at the trophy list when it went live on the servers a day or so ago, and the vibe I got from those chapter trophies was very Dead Space 2, meaning more than likely, you do have to do something specific in those chapters. 

I did a quick search, and found this on True Achievements.

For this achievement you have to cross the village without kill any monster. if an enemy spot you, you can sneak under a trap, he will follow you then explode. In this way it doesn't count as a kill. Once you will start to open the doors, two monsters will spawn, just press "A", they shouldn't kill you and the achievement will pop as soon as the door is opened.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2983-The-Evil-Within/33-%C3%80-la-Corvo

Hi there.

Like the other members have explained you, you have to do specifically objectives to do this trophies through the chapters.

I'm recording these trophies in my Youtube's channel, and the only you have to do in Chapter 2 fot obtain this trophy, À la Corvo, is not kill any enemie between the house with the mirror and the giant wooden gate you have to elevate, at the end of the chapter.

If you don't understand my words of the objective you have to do here the video, I hope can help you :

Greetings.

DJ_Maverick has posted an excellent vid of how to achieve this trophy.  In a nutshell, there are no trophies for just completing a chapter ... the trophies are earned on specific ways of completing the chapter; in this case, by not killing any enemies yourself.  In Chapter 3, you have to kill the boss with a knife; etc, etc, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with Ch.2 as well, I passed the whole chapter and I thought I had killed no one but the blind enemy they use that blocks the door (stealth kill tutorial) counts as a kill for this as well, so basically once you get to him you can't kill anyone at all and then just open the gate with no kills and the trophy should pop after a few seconds.

And for Ch.8 which got me as well, you have to pass the whole chapter without shooting. I had thought it was only for the cave portion, so I missed a statue and shoot it because you can't reach it by normal means and then passed the level and no trophy popped so yeah just make sure not to shoot at all in that chapter.

Hey SilkyJay,

I just did this one today and yeah this trophy has a few issues for some reason, but I just worked on it today and here is a sure fire way to get it just in case anybody else is having that trophy not popping. What I did was back up my save files to a USB and then deleted all my system data and saved data. Then just re-install the game and play a new game on casual (your choice) and get the 5 kills on Chapter 2. It takes like 10 or so seconds for the trophy to pop after 5th kill. Just make sure the awareness eye never opens up and your golden.

Hope that helps! Just got my trophy today after a while lol