For those who are playing....

I'm enjoying my time with it so far. At its core its still a borderlands game, so I can't say I could really ever dislike it as I"m a huge fan of the series. The only major con I can think of is the grinder. You're encouraged to experiment with it, but it's just so limited (unless I"m missing something), you can only grind guns of the same color, which really limits experimentation. I can understand only being able to grind guns of the same type (assault rifle, smg, etc), but reducing it to color too makes me usually just end up selling the guns rather than saving them for the grinder. Other than that, I don't feel as connected to the story or the characters as I did in the other two games, but that's a personal thing and could change as I get farther into the story. I do like how the game starts you off with more than one gun, filling out skill trees requires less skill points, and moonstones (the equivalent to eridium) are a lot more common. The missions are fun and unique as always, although I've noticed there seems to be a lot less side missions than previous games.

Edited by katniss1444

Yeah, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on pros and cons.

The reviews I have read seem to say it's more of the same as previous Borderlands - still awesome, crazy fun - but with lots of open space with not always much to do. I'll still definitely be buying it; just waiting until it's a bit cheaper

I think a ps4 borderlands would be amazing

THIS!!! haha

From my experience with my level 11 Gladiator, it's mostly more of the same in terms of Game play. The low gravity and oxygen makes things a little bit interesting. It really depends if you're craving for more Borderlands stuff really, though I already like it better than Destiny.    

If you want someone to play with, please hit me up. :)

Edited by CrimsonMars

As an Australian, it's very amusing and inspiring to see how much Australian culture influenced the game, having been developed by 2k Australia. A side mission that pays massive homage to the most famous "bush" ballad in Australia had me and my friend grinning from ear to ear, but would probably have gone over the head of most people from other nations. Otherwise, it doesn't feel very different to Borderlands 2 so I can see why many are claiming it feels more like DLC. My biggest issue though is the lack of a "mark for trash" feature. That was so handy in Borderlands 2. :(

• Like 1

Haven't finished the game yet, but I'm having fun with it so far! I don't have any complaints yet.

-The whole low gravity/oxygen thing is a real fun addition.

-I like how your character actually talks to others in the game and you can get different responses depending on who you're playing as. Nice touch that the previous games didn't have.

-I love how I can play as Claptrap.

-Handsome Jack's backstory is pretty interesting so far.

-The game's still hilarious.

-The game is stable; I haven't had any freezing or crashes yet.

I hear it takes about 20 hours to beat. Shorter than BL2, but it's still longer than most games I play. If you want more Borderlands, I say go for it. If you're sick of the game, I'm not sure if the whole gravity thing is enough to pull you back in.

I saw on the trophy list that you must complete all level 1 challenges with one character. Is it as difficult as the one featured in Borderlands 2?

The challenges don't seem too difficult but it does seem like it would take some time to get them done. I'm only level 22 and haven't completed the main campaign yet but that's mainly due to me doing side missions.

I haven't played it yet myself, so I don't know about the pros or cons yet. As for the challenges, I just hope we don't have to look for Jenkins again. It took me forever to find him on BL2. 

You'll be glad to know that Jenkins is NOT in this game! lol

The game is fun, but not as good as Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 scored a 91 meta and so far this one is only a 77.

I don't care for the crappy platforming associated with jumping everywhere.

There's some humor to it, but definitely lacking compared to BL2, they put a bunch of gay and lesbian comments into this one for some reason.