Why there isn't more owners of this game on PSNP?

Sigma999

The game released on June 12th, 2008 and the trophy patch released on August 6th, 2012 so there was over 4 years between release and the trophy patch. If the game had been released with trophies there would be many more owners tracked here. 

Parker

• Like 3

I've been reading through numerous threads on MGS recently (on account of MGSV's pending release) and I've realised that there are many young gamers who've never played the MGS series. It something that makes me feel two things: old and perhaps out of touch with what games are "cool" these days.

am-i-out-of-touch-no-its-the-children-wh

• Like 2

Played it the first day it came out, and completed it near 20 times the first weeks after the release, games didn't had trophies yet, that was back in 2008, I think a month after MGS4 came out they implemented the trophies on PSN, but for MGS4 the pach wouldn't came out until 4 years later in 2012. I want to play it again, I always wanted trophies on this game, but first I'll play the HD Collection, I have other priorities atm since I've played every Metal Gear so many times (and I'll never get tired of it), but it will be before the release of MGSV.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working my way through the game, the last trophy I need for the platinum is for collecting all of the ipod tracks.... but this will probably involve another 4-6 play throughs for all of the different emblems I need! Haha.

I love the game though so its not a chore for me. I play it on and off every few months and complete another play through and then put it down again.

Eventually this platinum will be mine! I already have the Platinums for MGS2, MGS3 & PW ^.^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got it, and it was hard!

Out of the 32 plats I have managed to get, this is definitely in the top five for hardest!

Oh a little off topic... but could someone tell me how to add your trophy card onto your messages automatically? I seem to just have hyperlinks! haha (sorry I'm new to posting on Forums!)

:D

• Like 1

Well I finally got it, and it was hard!

Out of the 32 plats I have managed to get, this is definitely in the top five for hardest!

Oh a little off topic... but could someone tell me how to add your trophy card onto your messages automatically? I seem to just have hyperlinks! haha (sorry I'm new to posting on Forums!)

:D

1. Go to Home page of the website and click on your name on the right upper corner

2. Select trophy cards

3. Customize however you want it

4. Copy the BB Code

5. Go to your Forum profile now

6. Click Edit my Profile on the right superior corner

7. On the column on the left click Signature and paste the BB Code there.

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

The trophy patch came years after the game released so many people never bothered updating and earning trophies whereas something like Uncharted 2 had trophies at launch. If you're not aware, PSNP tracks people based on their trophies earned, we can't track games without trophies. 

Parker

This. When the game came out I finished it like 5 or 6 times. If it had trophies then I would have probably gotten a platinum on my old account. But now, with so many new games i still need to play and real life stuff i can't find the time do play through again.

1. Go to Home page of the website and click on your name on the right upper corner

2. Select trophy cards

3. Customize however you want it

4. Copy the BB Code

5. Go to your Forum profile now

6. Click Edit my Profile on the right superior corner

7. On the column on the left click Signature and paste the BB Code there.

thank you for the help!

• 6 months later...

The trophy patch came years after the game released so many people never bothered updating and earning trophies whereas something like Uncharted 2 had trophies at launch. If you're not aware, PSNP tracks people based on their trophies earned, we can't track games without trophies. 

Parker

Adding to this, this is the sole reason that MGS4 isn't an ultra-rare plat. The only people that came back were people that really loved the game (and even then, only 5.64% currently have the plat).

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to this, this is the sole reason that MGS4 isn't an ultra-rare plat. The only people that came back were people that really loved the game (and even then, only 5.64% currently have the plat).

Those dying fans that played the game again for purpose of trophies and also people like myself who seemed to enter the train too late and didn't experience the MGO and already got the trophies to collect to begin with on their first run.

I first played MGS4 around 2010 I believe (would've played it earlier if I had a PS3 when it launched) and finished it 100% and years later when that fabled trophy patch finally came I told myself I wasn't gonna do it since I had already put in so much time into it already. But then I eventually caved and Platted it.

Damn my MGS addiction. :P lol  but I'm glad I did. I love seeing that shiny MGS4 plat in my trophy cabinet. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...