The MMA Discussion thread

SuffyZorugelion

There was a time I loved MMA.  The sport has turned into such a farce over the last few years that I've almost completely lost interest.  

Dana White is both the greatest, and worst thing to happen to the UFC.  I've never seen one person speak out of both sides of their mouth more than that man.  2 people will commit the same "crime" and the punishment is almost never equal, sometimes the offending fighter is even rewarded.  Title shots are given to the person with the biggest mouth instead of the best fighter.  The product is watered down to the point of it being a regular thing to have 3 events a week, sometimes two in one day, and the star power is all but gone.  Most of their "dominant" champs either own a paper-thin division like Rousey or only fight once a year at best like Jones.

That being said, there's still some things left to enjoy.  I'm a huge Cerrone fan and seeing Silva get to come back against Diaz will be cool.

• Like 3

What do you guys think the best fight, knockout and submission of all time was?

Big MMA fan don't see nearly enough of it though but I'm a big Conor mcgregor fan hope he gets a title shot soon

I think Bellator MMA is free to watch on Spike, here in Australia its free on One bit only old events. Edited by GRITTY_PITTY
  • Like 1

These threads never stay going for very long that is the problem, I started a boxing thread and for about a week it was great and everyone liked boxing but 2 years later and the thread has been dead for, well, about 2 years LOL!

I like UFC just never find the time to watch it, seen a few bits here and there, cant help but like Jon Jones, also a big fan of Anderson Silva and Velasquez but don't really know many of the lesser fighters. Personal favourite KO has to be the old Rampage powerbomb!!

• 3 months later...

Hearing all the "Rousey is the greatest fighter ever!!" talk being shoved down our throat has become more obnoxious than I could have ever imagined.  She's the champion of the thinnest division in the UFC and gets spoon-fed opponents that are meant to lose to her.  Better get Holm in there ASAP to make sure she has no chance to develop a ground game and become an actual threat to the golden girl.

-signed

A Cyborg fan

Hearing all the "Rousey is the greatest fighter ever!!" talk being shoved down our throat has become more obnoxious than I could have ever imagined.  She's the champion of the thinnest division in the UFC and gets spoon-fed opponents that are meant to lose to her.  Better get Holm in there ASAP to make sure she has no chance to develop a ground game and become an actual threat to the golden girl.

-signed

A Cyborg fan

The problem is that the cut could be to much for Cyborg.

Edited by le7Samurai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to be heavily into MMA when Pride FC was still in business but as it stands right now only time I ever have any interest is when Ronda Rousey fights. People can hate on her all they want, it doesn't change the fact that she obliterates anyone she fights :P

FWAWg.gifufc-gif-o.gif

• 4 weeks later...

There was a time when the Jon Jones situation would have caused a thread like this to absolutely blow up.  MMA is in a pretty sad state these days.

What is your take on it? I think it is the right decision and he needs to sort himself but it feels tainted as we will now have a champion that Jones is superior to!

What is your take on it? I think it is the right decision and he needs to sort himself but it feels tainted as we will now have a champion that Jones is superior to!

Pretty much the same as yours.  Kind of hoping that Rumble beats Cormier though.  At least that way the champ will be someone who, at least, hasn't been beaten by Jones already.  Don't want another Hendricks situation.