The MMA Discussion thread

SuffyZorugelion

8 hours ago, TheLakota said:

My comment was not in response to your initial post, but the following one ("big name fighters are often given breaks"). I assumed you'd see I was ribbing you given the gif. 

Misunderstanding then. My bad.

8 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Only two fighters in recent memory seem to fit the mould of privileged individuals: Jones and Lesnar. The former is allowed to practically cheat with the bunk "pulsing" defense and even had an entire event moved so he could be licensed, while the latter didn't have to join the testing pool until much, much later upon returning for UFC 200 (USADA waived the four month rule solely for his benefit). Fishy. 

You know...I've never actually seen a single fight Lesnar was in...seen a few of Jones' fights but he's another guy I can't stand. It's always been that way from what I see though and it's one of the reasons I think GSP left years ago. He was tired of the lax attitude surrounding the testing and cheating.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, StressEater said:

I was a huge MMA fan awhile back but I lost a lot of interest in it ever since Conor McGregor. He pretty much ruined it for me. I can't stand arrogant people. I miss Brock Lesnar and Forrest Griffin. I

Hates Conor, misses Lesnar.

Hate to break it to you mate, but they're both performers (I don't like either, if if we're being honest).

Respect the game, just not the player.

All-time favorites would be:

1. Shogun

2. Penn

3. Fedor

4. Aldo

5. Poirier

6. T-Ferg

7. Robbie

8. Condit

9. Super Samoan Mark Hunt-o

10. T: Machida/Mighty Mouse/Moose/Joachim Hansen

Honorable mention: Garbrandt (sue me)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 11:30 PM, TheLakota said:

Hates Conor, misses Lesnar.

Hate to break it to you mate, but they're both performers (I don't like either, if if we're being honest).

Respect the game, just not the player.

All-time favorites would be:

1. Shogun

2. Penn

3. Fedor

4. Aldo

5. Poirier

6. T-Ferg

7. Robbie

8. Condit

9. Super Samoan Mark Hunt-o

10. T: Machida/Mighty Mouse/Moose/Joachim Hansen

Honorable mention: Garbrandt (sue me)

Ooh i dig a nice top 10. Lets see about mine (changes often....)

1. Michael Bisping (Im from the UK, you can see where this is going)

2. Ken Shamrock (Introduced me to the sport and thousands of others too probably)

3. Tony Ferguson (The insanity, i feel it tooooo!)

4. Chael Sonnen (Actually is the greatest not just mma but any type of combat be it physical or mental, anywhere at any time....on any planet)

5. Bas Rutten (Palm STRIKE!)

6. RONDA (She made womens what it is today. Sue me) 

7. Henry Cejudo  (CCC. Let him be C4 pleaseeeee!)

8. Wanderlei Silva (Always entertaining, no matter what)

9. Khabib (How to dominate)

10. Stephen Thompson (Earned his nickname)

Special Mentions: Valentina Shevchenko, Korean Zombie, Max Holloway.

Ive based this top 10 on my faves to watch. Anyone else care to drop a top 10?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, punkshepherd said:

Anyone else care to drop a top 10?

Personal favorites. No based on records or titles.

Machida (made Ortiz cry)

Mitrione

Lawler

Brandon Vera

Penn

Nate Diaz

Arlovsky

Masvidal

Rampage

Velasquez

• Like 1

Yknow ive never bought a ufc game. Just never fancied it. Im a bit weird about sports games. I guess id rather just play in real life. I do enjoy beat em ups a real lot (tek n vf in parricular)

Might finally go for it. 

Oh also i think Holloway was treated a bit harshly at 251. Wasnt a robbery i guess, but he should of won. Draw at the very least. Thoughts?

Edited by punkshepherd

10 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Oh also i think Holloway was treated a bit harshly at 251. Wasnt a robbery i guess, but he should of won. Draw at the very least. Thoughts?

As they always say, to be the champ you need to beat the champ. I think judges always favor the current champ when it's close. At least there is an awesome new bantamweight champ and a new LHW contender. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2022 at 8:48 PM, MegaMegu__ said:

Ranking MMA fighters is hard af, i'm gonna need some time to think carefully about that 1f602.png

Edit: I have new favorites. Here they are.

1: Jon Jones. Greatest fighter of all time.

2: Khabib. Most dominent fighter of all time.

3: Nate Diaz. An absolute warrior that never gives up.

Edited by Troz
new favorites
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Troz said:

Khabib and Nick Diaz are my favorites.

Khabib has never bled in any fight, I truly think he is the greatest fighter of all time. Number one easy fight in lightweight division!

Nate Diaz is so tough. Thats why I love him. He is a true warrior. Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night! All day!

My All-Time Favorites are from the PRIDE FC era.

I think some UFC fighters are great, but none of them have the same aura as Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Sakuraba etc...

But now, my favorite UFC fighters are Glover, Oliveira and Covington.

Edited by MegaMegu__
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anybody excited for UFC 274? I will be pirating it, of course.

Oliveira vs. Gaethje is a tough one. I might have to go with Oliveira on this one.

Yes Gaethje is a very hard puncher, but if Oliveira gets him to the ground I don't see him getting out.

Prediction: Oliveira wins 4th round via guillotine submission.

Edit: I was correct, he won from a submission via rear naked choke in the first round. Half correct, I guess.

Edited by Troz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Troz said:

Anybody excited for UFC 274? I will be pirating it, of course.

Did you pirate Namajunas vs Esparza as well? If so,

did you feel ripped off? ? Worst five round fight I've ever seen in the UFC, and that includes Adesanya vs Romero.

Also, maybe use spoiler tags for your edit, not everbody watches it live or in time.

Chandler vs Ferguson and Oliviera vs Gaethje absolutely delivered though. The weight issue is pretty unfortunate.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 2

No surprise in the Olivera/Gaethje fight, but the pitiful showing by Rose/Esparza was a shocker.

The Randy Brown fight was great, and I also enjoyed watching Ferguson take a nap.

No spoiler tags used because the thread title lets you know we're discussing MMA; if you didn't watch Saturday's fight, don't be surprised to see people in the thread talking about it on Sunday.

• Like 2

Do Bronx is the rightful champ at 155 lbs. Can't wait to see how the Islam fight will play out from a stylistic perspective. A lot of fighters are afraid to go on the ground with Charlie Olives, but Khabib's pupil is no joke.

Shitty co-main event.

Ferguson is 130 years old and he's entering in Tyron Woodley territory (4 consecutive losses).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

Can't wait to see how the Islam fight will play out from a stylistic perspective

Islam is an absolute animal. Thing is, Islam and Khamzat have huge shoes to fill, always being compared to Khabib. My most anticipated fight is Nate Diaz vs. Khamzat. As much as I enjoy Khamzat I hope Nate wins. Nate is one of my favorites. Nate, Jon, and Khabib.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2022 at 8:48 AM, Infernopommes said:

Did you pirate Namajunas vs Esparza as well? If so,

Reveal hidden contents

did you feel ripped off? 1f440.png Worst five round fight I've ever seen in the UFC, and that includes Adesanya vs Romero.

Also, maybe use spoiler tags for your edit, not everbody watches it live or in time.

Chandler vs Ferguson and Oliviera vs Gaethje absolutely delivered though. The weight issue is pretty unfortunate.

I watched it via illegal streaming, I still thought it was expensive for wasting my sleep time with the Namajunas fight XP

29 minutes ago, Troz said:

What website are you able to do this on? I couldn't figure out how to stream it illegally.

Here

Every time I go to watch ufc, I access this site and they are always streaming.

I never tried searching on Reddit, but maybe it can works too

• Like 1

Just now, MegaMegu__ said:

Here

Every time I go to watch ufc, I access this site and they are always streaming.

I never tried searching on Reddit, but maybe it can works too

Thank you. Every website I looked at just was trying to prey on you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MegaMegu__ said:

1f644.png

I'm not following Rizin but who is this guy? Looking at his stats, he failed to get the Rizin belt, has quite a few losses, always fights at catchweight and most of his wins are by decision. I mean I get the fight with Tenshin Nasukawa as there was/is some real hype about him but this guy seems kind of average?