The MMA Discussion thread

SuffyZorugelion

Anyone got picks for the Blaydes vs. Aspinall London Card tomorrow, lets hear em?!

Main Card

Blaydes vs. Aspinall - Aspinall/TKO inside of 3

Hermansson vs. Curtis - Curtis /Decision

Pimplett vs. Leavitt - Pimblett/Sub 2nd Round (I'm torn on this fight, battle of the Twerk/Teabag ?)

Krylov vs. Gustafsson - Gustafsson/Decision

McCann vs. Goldy - McCann/Decision

Craig vs. Oezdemir - Craig/Sub 3nd Round

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Anyone got picks for the Blaydes vs. Aspinall London Card tomorrow, lets hear em?!

Main Card

Blaydes vs. Aspinall - Aspinall/TKO inside of 3

Hermansson vs. Curtis - Curtis /Decision

Pimplett vs. Leavitt - Pimblett/Sub 2nd Round (I'm torn on this fight, battle of the Twerk/Teabag 1f602.png)

Krylov vs. Gustafsson - Gustafsson/Decision

McCann vs. Goldy - McCann/Decision

Craig vs. Oezdemir - Craig/Sub 3nd Round

Hermansson got the W.

He spent the entire fight running from Curtis and delivered a dirty blow.

Edit: Nope, now is ASSpinal vs Blaydes.

And f"ck these ufc entrances :(

Edited by MegaMegu__
  • Like 1

Lol yea I have, I was making that prediction based on the fact that up until this year she's been primarily winning by decisions and Hannah Goldy is pretty tough to finish in previous outings.

4 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

McCann vs Goldy going to be a Decision. Have you seen her last fight?

:D That woman either knocks out or gets knocked out for her recklessness.

Good card though all around except for Aspinall blowing his knee out in like 15 seconds, touch luck with that one.

54 minutes ago, MegaMegu__ said:

That's a good question, i'm curious about ppl here on PsnP

I don't know, maybe PPVs are a cultural thing and are normal in America. But where I come from the very concept of PPV simply defies comprehension. Like, paying 75 bucks for a sports event that you watch once on your TV? Sounds just as crazy as renting a movie for 75 dollars for a night. Who would even do that? And if I'm not mistaken you still need ESPN+ sub for 10$ a month to even be able to buy PPVs. Not to mention that fighters are paid peanuts and most of it goes to Dana's greedy pockets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MegaMegu__ said:

That's a good question, i'm curious about ppl here on PsnP

I only ever pay for them when I host a fights at my crib, and normally I'll have whoever comes out chip in like $10 for the fights and food cause I always end up BBQ'ing as well. Plus I only really do that for cards that are absolutely stacked! As of recently though the free Fight Night cards have been way better in terms of the quality of fights than the PPVs for the most part. I used to not be as bothered by paying for PPV when it was only $60, but since they've started upping the price fuck all that. I haven't bought a single card since they upped it to $75, that shit is straight robbery, and they keep upping the price for the ESPN app too which I only every use for watching MMA lol. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

I only ever pay for them when I host a fights at my crib, and normally I'll have whoever comes out chip in like $10 for the fights and food cause I always end up BBQ'ing as well. Plus I only really do that for cards that are absolutely stacked! As of recently though the free Fight Night cards have been way better in terms of the quality of fights than the PPVs for the most part. I used to not be as bothered by paying for PPV when it was only $60, but since they've started upping the price fuck all that. I haven't bought a single card since they upped it to $75, that shit is straight robbery, and they keep upping the price for the ESPN app too which I only every use for watching MMA lol. 

Now imagine paying 75 dollars for THAT ?

277-kard-1.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Now imagine paying 75 dollars for THAT 1f606.png

Yea that's a HARD pass for me lol. I've got a link I've been using that I had to scour reddit for like 2 years ago that surprisingly hasn't been shut down yet so I'll be streaming it from there most likely. 

• Like 1

I've watched every UFC PPV & have only paid to watch once. I've never paid to watch Bellator, K1, Pride, Cage Warriors or Invictus, even though I've watched them all. 

6 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

I'll be streaming it

I have HDDs full of MMA. I recommend Fight-BB for anyone who wants digital copies.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

Another card, another injury ... at least not in the main event this time, and it wasn't the (main) reason the fight ended.

Main event was better than expected, but not sure people who paid for this got their money's worth.

Texas + Dan "Bad Stoppage" Miragliotta = no good for Lewis. I understand the stoppage from his perspective though, in the heat of the moment and from where he stood. But still, very unfortunate.

On 28/07/2022 at 8:50 PM, Helyx said:

I've watched every UFC PPV & have only paid to watch once. I've never paid to watch Bellator, K1, Pride, Cage Warriors or Invictus, even though I've watched them all. 

I have HDDs full of MMA. I recommend Fight-BB for anyone who wants digital copies.

I can find all PRIDE events in this site?

On 31.7.2022 at 4:34 PM, oswald41 said:

Has any seen the lineup for 279 its a fucking joke just because its an overrated Diaz on the card doesnt make it a ppv I believe everyone on the main card except for Khamzat is on a losing streak

I don't see how it's any worse than 277. Khamzat and Walker alone make it a better card than what we had this week.