your opinion on the new more money for less gaming content policy game developers use.

MochidaYuka

good point but then you have 2 hour garbage like battle los angels which costs 29,99 but isn't even worth it

Well to be fair, if you buy something like battle los Angeles and expect a good game you kinda deserve to be let down... I was actually having metal gear rising in mind, takes 3 hours to beat even if you take your time yet its one of the best games I've played.

Arkham City is a short game, without the collectables in mind. Still is one of the best games out there. The problem, in my opinion, is that people nowadays are afraid of lenghty games, give someone a JRPG, tell them the game takes around 100 hours to beat and they'll probably never touch it. 

Developers share some blame on this, but while people keep buying their games, they'll naver have the need to change.

Well to be fair, if you buy something like battle los Angeles and expect a good game you kinda deserve to be let down... I was actually having metal gear rising in mind, takes 3 hours to beat even if you take your time yet its one of the best games I've played.

i never finished rising since i borrowed it from a friend .is it good?

Hmmm:

"It seems someone posted their MGR results screen and that people (mainly in the West) are shocked it says the clear time is 5.5hr."

"Here's the truth: First of all, cutscenes ARE NOT INCLUDED in that counter." ETC ETC ETC

Are we talking about the same game?

Well, talking about the topic, i only see the more money for less gaming mostly when: content is cut from the original product and sell it as DLC or Season pass.

Even when this content many times is Extra modes (Challenges/arenas)- Alien Isolation/ Shadow of mordor- and not Story content. Imagine if God of war had sell you Challenge of the gods. 

The problem is that at this point the gaming community is huge so even when some of us are not agree with these practices there are enough gamers out there to cover developer/publisher expenses in most of cases. So, at this point your only solution is not buy that specific game and yes, continue sharing your thoughts about actual gaming practices. Feedback is always important -not just don't buy the thing.

Edited by GoldenShaka

There is none, for me. You get games cheaper and you get more content, so complaining makes no sense to me. RPGs are meant to be enjoyed thoroughly. That's the whole point of the genre, do it at your own pace, not speed through it and miss everything else. The first Akiba's story seemed short to me when I did rush it. I never rush games. I kept picking models, getting so far, than looking at the others and deciding I liked that one more. But I have more fun picking fights with random people on the street, collecting clothes, and filling my encyclopedia. It's a great stress reliever for me, as well. It's just more satisfying to beat people with a guitar and strip them after a hard day dealing with people. And I will do the same in 2, no matter the length of the actual story.

Personally, my golden rule of gaming is to play it yourself before you pass judgement. I let some opinion's turn me from a game I ended up enjoying when I gave it a try.

Arkham City is a short game, without the collectables in mind. Still is one of the best games out there. The problem, in my opinion, is that people nowadays are afraid of lenghty games, give someone a JRPG, tell them the game takes around 100 hours to beat and they'll probably never touch it. 

Developers share some blame on this, but while people keep buying their games, they'll naver have the need to change.

Actually... I think JRPG lovers will play their JRPGs no matter the time =D

Like... most of the Tales games are easily >100hrs and they are one of JRPGs that many people play =D

Edited by SatoshiOokami

I think this topic has been pretty well covered but I'll add this ---- I think people forget to compare games to other media. An average novel is $10-20 bucks for a few evenings worth of entertainment. A comic book is $3.99 for 24 pages. An average movie at the theater is $10-15 for two hours, and it can be as high as $18-25 for specialty theaters, or 3d IMAX. Games, even at $60 are a bargain if you consider putting in 10-100s of hours. I purchased the Mass Effect trilogy for $15 on sale, I'm basically spending a few quarters per hour of entertainment. Even when I bought Mass Effect back in 2007 for full price I still got my money's worth. Granted, some games are far too short for their price but they also tend to drop to value priced (Sub $20) within months, so I feel like the market balances itself out. I think it helps to avoid the cranky "I'm being ripped off" thought pattern if you actually break down how much you're paying per hour. BTW, I'm pretty sure Battle For Los Angeles was only $10. I got it for 800 MS points I thought. The most expensive DLC I ever got was Shivering Isles and it was $20 or $30 I think. 

• Like 1

This is why I research my games. 

I paid £40 each for GTA5, The Last of Us, and Pokemon X in 2013 on launch day. All of these games have given me about 350 hours worth of playtime between them. 

However, Beyond Two Souls was a purchase I should have further researched, as I spent 40 quid on this above-average game that I platinumed within 2 weeks. 

Some games, like Scott Pilgrim, cost me next to nothing and have given me 50 hours playtime. 

Its really just the luck of the draw nowadays. 

This is why I research my games. 

I paid £40 each for GTA5, The Last of Us, and Pokemon X in 2013 on launch day. All of these games have given me about 350 hours worth of playtime between them. 

However, Beyond Two Souls was a purchase I should have further researched, as I spent 40 quid on this above-average game that I platinumed within 2 weeks. 

Some games, like Scott Pilgrim, cost me next to nothing and have given me 50 hours playtime. 

Its really just the luck of the draw nowadays. 

i kind of agree with you.you're gonna need some serious luck if you want a great game these days but sometimes even the low price games have hidden gems

true but don't you feel like you got scammed when you get a shitty game for the money u gave for it?

If i didn't research a game well enough to know what it'd be like going into it, it's my own damn fault. It's easy to figure out if a game is crap. All you've got to do is research the game, and the developer behind it. I barely buy dlc, there is only a few times I've bought dlc. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and a few story dlc for assassin's Creed. Did I get my money's worth, you bet your ass I did... I played Fallout 3 over 300 hours, across 6 different play throughs... Same with New Vegas. The dlc adds at least another 50 hours to the game. So, if you feel cheated by a game... you'll learn a hard lesson, never go into a game blind, always research the game, and if a game looks like it's short... it might be a good idea to spend much less than full price for it. 

• Like 1

If i didn't research a game well enough to know what it'd be like going into it, it's my own damn fault. It's easy to figure out if a game is crap. All you've got to do is research the game, and the developer behind it. I barely buy dlc, there is only a few times I've bought dlc. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and a few story dlc for assassin's Creed. Did I get my money's worth, you bet your ass I did... I played Fallout 3 over 300 hours, across 6 different play throughs... Same with New Vegas. The dlc adds at least another 50 hours to the game. So, if you feel cheated by a game... you'll learn a hard lesson, never go into a game blind, always research the game, and if a game looks like it's short... it might be a good idea to spend much less than full price for it. 

good point .so waiting for a price drop is the best thing to do?