Opinions?

skidmarkgn

I've been hearing one of two things about this game so far... "it's freaking awesome!!!" and "it's the stupidest game ever made!!!" There's nothing in between. It looks like it could be real... fun isn't the right word because there's so little gameplay (at least that's what I hear) but it's definitely something that I think I might really like.

Anyone getting/got this, if so what's your opinion of it? I'm gonna buy it regardless because I'm in a dice rolling kinda mood but I'd still like to hear other peoples thoughts.

The game is good. I got a platinum already, you can see me on the leaderboard. I think 2nd? It should get updated soon if it doesn't show I got a platinum. =)

However, the game is really nice, it has a good story. And also, people may not like this but I like how he gets all raging, it gets me excited to see some badass pwnding! Haha! xD

Anyways, I recommend getting it. =) Good luck!

The game is good. I got a platinum already, you can see me on the leaderboard. I think 2nd? It should get updated soon if it doesn't show I got a platinum. =)

However, the game is really nice, it has a good story. And also, people may not like this but I like how he gets all raging, it gets me excited to see some badass pwnding! Haha! xD

How long have you had it? I just don't see paying $60+ for a one day plat.

So, about how many hours does one full playthrough take and how many hours did it take you to plat?

So, about how many hours does one full playthrough take and how many hours did it take you to plat?

One playthrough *With skipping the cutscences* takes about 3~5 hours, not sure. And about how many hours it took me, I'm not really sure but all I know was that it took me 4 playthroughs.

First one was the normal gaming for the story.

Second, was for getting "S" on Hard in every stage.

Third, was for "Look Ma, No eyes!" trophy, which I played on Normal and getting "S" on every stage as well. *You'll need to get an S on every stage on Hard AND normal."

Forth, was for "Who Needs Health?" trophy, I played it on Easy for it to be easier.

So yea, first playthrough I didn't skip any cutscence, but on the other playthroughs I did. So probably about 21 hours or so? Not sure.

Anyways, good luck. =)

One playthrough *With skipping the cutscences* takes about 3~5 hours, not sure. And about how many hours it took me, I'm not really sure but all I know was that it took me 4 playthroughs.

First one was the normal gaming for the story.

Second, was for getting "S" on Hard in every stage.

Third, was for "Look Ma, No eyes!" trophy, which I played on Normal and getting "S" on every stage as well. *You'll need to get an S on every stage on Hard AND normal."

Forth, was for "Who Needs Health?" trophy, I played it on Easy for it to be easier.

So yea, first playthrough I didn't skip any cutscence, but on the other playthroughs I did. So probably about 21 hours or so? Not sure.

Anyways, good luck. =)

Thanks for the info :)

4 playthroughs might be kind of pushing it for me, I've done a few platinums that required 3 and it definitely became a grind towards the end, not sure about 4. I actually just bought the game and now I'm winding down the clock at work, hopefully I'll get to play it tonight and add an opinion of my own.

Thanks for the info :)

4 playthroughs might be kind of pushing it for me, I've done a few platinums that required 3 and it definitely became a grind towards the end, not sure about 4. I actually just bought the game and now I'm winding down the clock at work, hopefully I'll get to play it tonight and add an opinion of my own.

You could try getting "S" on the stages on first playthrough. That should make it better. =)

Okay, I've put in about an hour and a half and I half to say, I'm really enjoying myself. I can see why people are bitching about it but knowing what you're getting into before playing really helps.

Lots of watching and not a lot of playing is the main complaint people are throwing around. If you pre-ordered it and didn't know that's how the game functions then I can understand being disappointed. On the other hand, now that a bit of time has gone by )which makes doing some research pretty easy) I really don't see it as a valid complaint anymore. Reading ANYTHING about this game will clue you into the fact that this is barely a game and mostly a viewing experience.

Personally, I really like it. The over the top absurdity of what I've seen so far has me excited to see just exactly how far they're going to take it. Asura and the seven Dietys definitely have a 'Kratos vs. Olympus" feel to them but I find myself liking Asura as a character far more than Kratos.

The lack of actual gameplay is (to me) forgivable because it gives you a better chance to let everything on the screen assault your eyes as much as possible, and the gameplay that is there usually (again, so far) has a finale that puts any other action game I've seen to shame. I'm for sure giving this one a thumbs up but I would definitely suggest making absolutely sure you know what you're getting into before making any kind of monetary investment.

Update:

I've finished my 1st playthrough (with the exception of the bonus episode) and I absolutely fell in love with this game. People (critics to be specific) have spent most of there focus bagging on the lack of hands on time but I personally had no problem with the way the game played... or didn't play. It never made me felt like I was uninvolved.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got my platinum last night. It took me 5 playthroughs because I made a stupid mistake and did a full playthrough on the wrong difficulty

1st - normal playthrough to experience the story and get familiar with the mechanics.

2nd - mortal gauge playthrough to unlock the obliterator (hardest playthrough by far, even on easy).

3rd - blind master gauge playthrough to unlock the auger (I forgot to change the difficulty back to normal which caused me to need a 5th playthrough instead of a two chapter cleanup :facepalm: )

4th - S ranking all episodes on hard using the obliterator gauge, although some of the chapters took me several tries so it was a bit more than one full playthrough.

5th - cleaning up S ranks on normal

Playthrough 1 took the longest by far... about 10 -15 hours, I wasn't really logging the time and the game doesn't keep track so I'm not sure

Playthroughs 2, 3, and 4 took about three hours each because I skipped everything that's skippable

Playthrough 5 only took about an hour and a half because it was mainly cleanup (would have been about 15-20 minutes had I not made the mistake)

It's too bad that everyone has it in their mind that this is an action game because it really isn't. If I had to categorize it I would call it a story based adventure game. There are some rail shooting segments and some brawler segments but they're only small parts of the whole experience.

I really enjoyed the demo, the story seemed really awesome, I liked the gameplay as well :D

A 4-5 hour game just doesn't appeal to me at all, maybe I should rent it so I can sample the delights.

Thanks for the opinions though guys, it's definitely moved up in my priority play list.

I really enjoyed the demo, the story seemed really awesome, I liked the gameplay as well :D

A 4-5 hour game just doesn't appeal to me at all, maybe I should rent it so I can sample the delights.

Thanks for the opinions though guys, it's definitely moved up in my priority play list.

It's only 4-5 hours if you skip all the story scenes (which would absolutely ruin the game). It's still short for sure but definitely not that short :) If you're looking for a 30+ hour game then a rental would definitely be your best bet.