Mods won't publish!

Barriebar17

Hey guys,

I'm getting a bit frustrated thats why I started this topic in the hope that one of you know a fix

or know anything I can do to get my mods published!

So this is what happened:

I made 30 mods, published them and now they are ALL in a pending state for nearly 2 days. (edit: over three months by now)

Can't unpublish them and allso can not publish any other mods because it keeps giving me the message: '' oops, well this is embarrassing....cannot upload ur creation''

My mods are unfindable for others..so I'm stuck!

ANY help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, 

Barrie

Edited by Barriebar17

This was a glitch on the PS3 version as well. It happened twice, and it takes a little over a week to resolve. Unfortunately, you just have to wait it out.

The PS3 game is 4 years old, so the servers and community are dying down. That affects the Vita version too. It's not a common glitch, but it seems to pop up every few months and eventually fixes itself.

• Like 1

and it takes a little over a week to resolve. Unfortunately, you just have to wait it out.

Thanks for a quick response. Happy to hear that it WILL resolve, even though we need to wait it out. But does that mean that even with a week of waiting for it and me being able to publish modds again, it might happen again next week? and the waiting can start again?

Thanks for a quick response. Happy to hear that it WILL resolve, even though we need to wait it out. But does that mean that even with a week of waiting for it and me being able to publish modds again, it might happen again next week? and the waiting can start again?

I've never seen it happen back to back. Like I said, it only happened twice on the PS3 version as long as I've been playing (I've been playing since launch). If it does happen again, it'll be 5 or 6 months from now. Of course, it's random, and it may happen right when it fixes itself. But, I'm basing this off my history with the glitch. So, you should be safe when it eventually fixes itself.

Happy to hear that. I did play and plat the ps3 version as well, but I don't remind this glitch. Guess I got lucky there. Loved the game though, so I'll try to be patient haha.

Since it does not occur back to back in your experience does that mean that this happens to different players at different times? Cause otherwise it should be affecting everyone right now?

Don't know if you have ever played Fifa Fut, but in that mode you sell cards through your  'trade pile'. I used to have players: stuck on the trade pile after the offer had already ended. That card or a few cards would just be stuck on your tradepile, taking spots you could otherwise fill with other cards you could sell. And after a few days or week or so they would have just dissapeared. This modnation 'glitch' reminds me bit of that.

Since it does not occur back to back in your experience does that mean that this happens to different players at different times? Cause otherwise it should be affecting everyone right now?

Well, I play this game with a group of friends (10-15 people). The first time it happened, we were all affected, but others in the Modspot were saying they could publish things. The second time it happened, it affected maybe half of my friends, but I could publish things just fine. So it doesn't seem to affect everyone at once, just some unlucky people.

The strangest thing I just noticed. When I go to: manage online content--> it says I have still 30/30 publish spots available, but in the background you see the 30 'published'  items that are pending, and which I'm unable to take offline..and are unfindable for others. Also I CAN'T watch the designer info on this page or publish any new content.

When I go to-> download content, and choose to only see my own published content, I CAN choose to see the designer info. When I click on the designer info though it says: published on 13/3/2014! And what's even more worrying each of the mods that are pending on MY published page have a different creator, which is not my ID! Those are 6 months old mods created by other people that are pending on my behalf?

I really don't understand a thing about this, are the servers THAT bad?

Yup, that will happen. When one of my mods were pending, it actually showed a another person's mod, and it had 7 downloads before it was even published. As soon it resolved itself, everything was normal. There's no reason to worry, but yeah it's an annoying glitch.

In a week or so, it should fix itself. All you can do is wait.

Ohhhh ok, so that happened to you two. Its like the server is mixing things up.

The one thing that really got me worried is this post:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ModNation-Racers-Road-Trip-For/My-publications-have-been-pending-for-over-6-months-or-more/td-p/22146027

Have not contacted him, but looked at his account on psnprofiles, and he really never got the PLAT. He's the only other example I found

of someone having ALL 30 out of 30 creations on pending and stuck.

But I just have my fingers crossed that it will go like you have described!

Yea mine glitched also, both for PS3 and VITA version. I published everything in all slots. As of right now about 9 are published on PS3, and 6 are on my VITA out of the 30 that should be there. The glitched mods are pending publishing which is very frustrating because you can't delete them!

The problem that caused this for me was when I was deleted my "User Generated Content"; because I was trying to self-boost Create XP. That is when all my mods got funky during the publishing process. So to anyone doing that, don't! 

Before deleting my content on the VITA version, all my creations were properly published, but then i decided to delete the game then re-download it and all my mods were messed up! So now the boosting process is going to take longer than it should be. I hope it will for sure fix itself

At least you do have SOME mods/karts/tracks published on both version so you can get some boosting done! Although it will take a much longer time with so few publications.

Do you really thing that selfboosting has started this for you? Cause I heard a lot of people been doing this through the years in both versions? 

I had 3 mods published as a test, the first time I booted up the game. Worked normally. After deleting those, I just made 30 mods and published them all without even thinking about it, thats when this problem occured.

Everything got in a pending state and there is nothing I can do about it. Only thing I can do is wait it out and hope for the best! Frustrating...

Edit:  I allready contacted UFG. They couldn't help me with the vita version, because thats made by San diego studios.

BUT now you have this problem on the ps3 AND vita on the same time, maybe they will assist you in a way that is helpful for both version?

[email protected]

Edited by Barriebar17

UFG isn't going to of much help either for MNR

https://mobile.twitter.com/UnitedFrontGame/status/526819418320699392

Pretty sure Sony owns and operates the servers. Tried contacting their support, but they are a bunch of knuckleheads. It's been almost a week for me, so hopefully it is resolved soon. I have 4/50 creations published, so going it is to suck if I have to earn xp other than d/l creations

So you have this issue also on the ps3? Did you email sony support and are stil waiting on a response?

I tried a dummy account on a different vita, same problem, published like 16 mods, 1 track and 1 kart :all got greyed out and are in pending status.

When you finally speak to sony could you please let them know that this problem is wide spread on ps3 & vita!?

Or should we just all send them emails letting them know of this problem? if so which email did you use?

So far I'be only contacted their support via chat. They were not very helpful as it's just tier 1/level 1 helpdesk support, which is basically someone reading a script who doesn't know squat. Was planning to call on Friday to see if they could open a ticket or something, but my guess is the online is not supported anymore. I also tweeted @AskPlaystation, but they have yet to tweet back.

For me I deleted the pending creations from my PS3, but all that did was replace my creations with existing ones from other users on my published list. Now I have other user's existing published mods in my published tracks list, as a pending creation :( I asked one of the owners of the mods to delete their creation, and to my surprise he did, but it didn't change anything, beside the creation card now comes back completely blank.

I'm guessing we will just need to wait this one out and it will hopefully resolve itself. If it does not correct itself, I do have 4 mods published, so there are other ways to get create xp, but it will take a very, very long time

Haha even though you and raceking are gonna have a long griiiiiiiiiiiind if this does not fix itself, I am somewhat jealous, since I have ALL my creations pending and can not boost this in any other way on the vita :(. Don't know if you read the link I posted a few posts back, but that dude never got this problem fixed on the vita. 

And thinking about it: if the servers are still running, which they are since other people are boosting and I can also download, we just can't publish. All it needs is a reboot/restart to be 'clean' again for a while and fix these issues. U are right they won't be patching these games, but people seem to have this problem from time on time on the ps3 version and that always fixes itself. Vita though is another story. Don't know if they run on the same servers.

Let me know how the call goes on friday!

Two calls so far, but no luck.  Keep being told useless stuff like, reset your router, rebuild system database, open specific ports, etc...  Going to keep calling them until they open a ticket and assign it to the right area or talk to someone who actually knows what's going on.  Might not have time so may need to wait until Monday.  I would suggest calling support for anyone else having the same issue, maybe if we make enough noise they'll respond.  It's a long shot, but you never know.

Great you are trying to do something about it, thanks for the update. I allso contacted them through chat, didn't help cause they really don't know anything. So yesterday I decided to call the support and they came with the same solutions as you mention: have you checked your router? Which nat type do you have? I told them there is nothing wrong with my internet or psn network..everything works just fine...except the publishing part. I tried to get through to them that this must me a servor error on sony's end! Did not happen sadly. 

It's like you say: we need a hell lot more of noise before they will do something about these 'old 'games.

More than a week past since the glitch and no sign of improvement. Getting mad over this BS!

Nothing yet. I was able to locate an old MNR moderator who still works at SD Studios but the guy hasn't replied to my message yet. I would keep trying support and try to get past their initial helpdesk people and talk to someone with technical knowledge.

Wow that does sound promising! How did you locate him and perhaps you send me a private message with his contact info and I will message him too? Yeah I will try to contact support again this week. Will email and call again. Bad thing over here in the Netherlands is, that when I call they put me on hold for 20-25 min before I can finally speak to someone!

If we can get in contact with someone from SD studios send him a link of these kind of topics and let him know that we deserve a fix, since this game came with PS PLUS not too long ago they have to take some kind of action!

I noticed you posted here too: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ModNation-Racers-Online/upload-not-working-it-says-pending-for-the-past-few-days-PLEAS/m-p/22503457#M18089?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Today someone wrote a new message there with their thoughts and their fix. I do not completely understand his story, but I do not think that is the way to go, could be wrong though. My pending publications obviously show other creators name. But the time stamp on all of them is on the 13th of march 2014. So for me its not possible that ALL the other creators have published their mods at exactly the same moment, causing this glitch. Since I published mine just recently!

Contacted UFG AGAIN, sent them all links of these forum discussions. I also tried to make clear that contacting sony is not helping out, and since UFG made modnation they should contact sony directly on behalf of us, their fans.

Hope they will do that!

I want to give the guy a chance to respond or at minimum read my message first before sharing.  It's nothing personal, but I don't want to bombard this guy, who may or not be able to help.  If he blows me off I'll definitely share since more awareness may bring a response. 

Yes, I agree that UFG should be helping us.  I will try with them again tomorrow.  How are you contacting them? Email?  Phone?  I tried Twitter, but they never replied.  They don't have any forums either, which is kinda dumb.

From my experience dev studios have the ability to contact Sony in ways the average user does not.  For example, earlier this year prior to the Resistance servers going down the Resistance 2 matchmaking server stopped working.  After a couple of people posted on the Insomniac Games (IG) forum, IG contacted Sony and got the servers working again.  See: http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?54283-Resistance-2-it-dead

I confirmed with IG forum Admin that they (dev studios) have direct contact to Sony tech support for Sony published first party games that we, the average user, does not.  Please do not message/spam him with questions, as I already have an ongoing line of communication open.  He was very nice to answer questions about Sony tech support for a game his studio had nothing to do with.

I understand and agree completely. I am not gonna bombard anyone, I'll wait it out till further notice from your side.

What bothers me a little is that a lot of other people experiecing this dont seem to be annoyed as much as I (as we) are. They just deal with it, or stopped playing this game..would be great if all others out there with the same problem would take some action. I even know a few guys who have accepted this one as unplattable. I wont accept that for a game that came free with Ps Plus a few months back!

I contacted ufg through, [email protected]

But I got my 3rd negative response:

''Hi Barrie,

Thank you for your email.

I am truly sorry to hear about all the issues that so many people are having with ModNation Racers.

Unfortunately, we are no longer in touch with Sony, as we have not worked alongside of them since the release of MNR.

I apologize that we will not be able to assist you further.

Thank you for your kind understanding.''

I think thats a dead end. Cause the other 2 replies before this one also said somehow the same. And my latest email I sent them was much more thorough about this problem including links to the forums etc.