Mods won't publish!

Barriebar17

Hey Guys,

As time goes on this does not seem like a glitch that is going to solve itself. On a dummy account I actually got 5 out of 30 publications on there as they should all have been, but after a few days 2 of those had glitched allso leaving me

with 3 creations left. Nothing new to say about my main account, every creation is still stuck in a pending status, so the game is unplattable at the moment.

We have tried contacting Sony and UFG, if we have to believe UFG everything tied to Modnation is in the hands of Sony, including the servers. Contacting sony has not resulted in sony looking into this problem (yet)

Have you got any news for us Bravo088?

All you other players out there with the same problem, we should all be contacting sony support. 2 voices are not enough.

Nothing new to report. I keep getting the same responses everywhere I try. The old dev/moderator I found has ignored my multiple attempts of contacting him in a variety of ways. He's currently the community manager for MLB The Show, which is the only remaining title SD Studios still develops. What a prick, he won't even reply telling me he can't help. I'm not sure whether or not they will delete my post if I put his name or psn account, but if you Google the info above he should be easy enough to track down. He was the old forum community manager for MnR prior to Mark Wilson (look back at in the MnR forums), who was the only community manager who actually gave a shit. I tried contacting SD Studios by phone as well but get the run around there too. Again that can be found by googling SD Studios address found on their website.

Fortunately for me I had 4 (and now 14) published creations, so I am able to slowly grind xp via races. If there are others like me out there, add me (PS3 MnR only) and we can try to work out a grinding schedule.

Fortunately for me I had 4 (and now 14) published creations, so I am able to slowly grind xp via races. If there are others like me out there, add me (PS3 MnR only) and we can try to work out a grinding schedule.

How do you grind XP through races in this game? I am pretty much screwed with my creations so I am totally up for boosting races. I'll add you :)

How do you grind XP through races in this game? I am pretty much screwed with my creations so I am totally up for boosting races. I'll add you :)

I grind casual races.  I have 2 ps3s and a friend who also has 2 ps3s joins as well.  He just idles and goes and plays Destiny on PS4 :). Since I use my creations when racing I can get up to 300xp a race (25xp each for mod, kart, track, then multiply by 4).  I use a simple loop track that takes 10 seconds.  With load and waiting times it take approximately 2:15 each go.  Last week I got about 140k xp using this method.  

You are welcomed to join, as you will basically get xp while doing nothing.  You are not totally screwed either since you will get additional creation slots at 5k, 50k, 100k, and 250k.  When I first had my creations glitch, I was just over 50k and had only 4 mods actually published.  Now that I am over 250k I have 24 creations published.  You may want to start creating additional dummy accounts which you can download your own creations with.

• Like 1

Boy am I glad I never did the 'erase all my mods, republish and have everyone download again' boost.

I've managed to get to 80k XP in about two months with good, old-fashioned download mine, I'll download yours with LOTS of people.

On a somewhat related note, when people started saying that their mods wouldn't re-publish, the Modnation site started working again: https://roadtrip.modnation.com/en-us

It's a great site to check your progress when your Vita/PS3 isn't handy.

Matessssss, glad you have worked out a way..But that's only possbile for the ps3 version. Right? correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yes, I think it only works for PS3 version since there isn't an online multiplayer option for Vita.  I'm not sure if you get create xp when using your creations during ad hoc races or not.

To anyone that has glitched creations like me, here is a method to those desperate for 100,000XP

1) Create and publish a track (preferably the smallest track you can make), a kart, and a mod. 

2) Make sure you are using a Mod and a Kart that you have published. 

3) Go to the Race Station from the main hub, choose Time Trial, select the track you published. You get 50 creation points each time you Post Time. You can only Post Time when you have your best lap time for the current session you are in. 

4) Get to the finish line (but don't cross it) and sit there for about 15 seconds before crossing. 

5) Cross the finish line, hit start, select Post Time. 

6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 by continuously crossing the line just before your previous best time for the session so that you can Post Time again.

@ bravo and @ Raceking.

Thanks for your efforts and allso thanks for the time to take to share your thoughts.

This is a wonderful solution for some, perhaps most people having these glitched publications.

Still no hope for people with 30 out 30 glitched publications though.

Have not a single publication that is not glitched, so no mod, kart or track to download to be grinding through.

And that makes it also impossible for me to get the three, 10x download trophies.

I was just over 50k and had only 4 mods actually published.  Now that I am over 250k I have 24 creations published

How is it possible that you went from 4 mods to 24 creations published?

I only need 3 publications to make it through haha. Neeeeeeeeeeeeed to make it happen.

How is it possible that you went from 4 mods to 24 creations published?

I only need 3 publications to make it through haha. Neeeeeeeeeeeeed to make it happen.

For PS3 you get additional creation slots at 5k,10k, 50k, 100k, and 250k.  I was over 50k when my creations glitched, so I only got the extra spots at 100k and 250k.  I do not believe extra spots are awarded on the Vita version, but I could be wrong.

To anyone that has glitched creations like me, here is a method to those desperate for 100,000XP

1) Create and publish a track (preferably the smallest track you can make), a kart, and a mod. 

2) Make sure you are using a Mod and a Kart that you have published. 

3) Go to the Race Station from the main hub, choose Time Trial, select the track you published. You get 50 creation points each time you Post Time. You can only Post Time when you have your best lap time for the current session you are in. 

4) Get to the finish line (but don't cross it) and sit there for about 15 seconds before crossing. 

5) Cross the finish line, hit start, select Post Time. 

6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 by continuously crossing the line just before your previous best time for the session so that you can Post Time again.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that once my kart and mod actually publish. I have 2 tracks publish but none of my kart and mod. Silly publishing bug

Figured I'd try to publish a few more mods and tracks and got one of each to publish. First I did a batch of 6 for each and then published all of them. Got a mod to publish, so I did another batch of 6 karts and one of them worked. So maybe working in small batched works better than publishing 30 at once?

@ Bravo888, great work mate. I'm not active on twitter so you get them boy!

Fingers crossed that this leads in the right direction.

@ Redrooster24, Hey mate...so you have not published a total of 30 mods/karts/tracks yet (actually published and pending publications combined?)

Cause I keep getting this error: ''oops.. well, this is a little embarrasing. unfortunately the creation failed to upload. you can try again now and if that doesn't work you could wait until your next session to see if the problem has been corrected.'' In my case I have exactly 30 mods in a pending status. So it seems like these 30 have taken all the slots I have even though it still states 30 slots available. Cause I see no other reason why I keep getting that error message otherwise..Let me know when you have tried to publish exactly on all 30 spots and if it gives you the same error.

You are playing the vita version too?  Did what you described on a dummy account and I got 6 published mods out of 10, 4 of them glitched into pending status. Oh well still does not solve a thing for my main account. :(

@ Raceking, saw your topic about the trophy glitching entirely. Has the 50 000 trophy still not popped for you?? Or was it a delay in the servers?

Edited by Barriebar17

Sorry, I know this is slightly off topic, but this is one of the few places where people are still talking about this game... so if I can't delete and republish stuff because it might glitch, and download 4 download threads are pretty much dead at this point, my only option is to publish a cart, a racer and a track, download them all, and post times to it... right? And that will take pretty much forever, plus I still have to figure out a way to get the ad hoc and 10 downloads trophies... 

The other thing I thought about was using my spare Vita memory card and creating 30 dummy accounts, so then I just have to download all of my creations once with each account and be done with it, but that will require me reformatting my Vita 31 times, which I'm not all that excited about for a number of reasons.

I may just give up on this plat - I hadn't really expected to get it anyway, was just doing some cleanup, but I thought maybe I'd look and see what it might take to get it.

Yeahh that will take a while, but you'll get there eventually haha. Whats even more problematic is that raceking has the 50 000 points he needed for the first create trophy and he did not get the trophy!! So that seems to be random too, my guess is that in fact that is also a server issue. Hopefully for him and us its just a delay in the server and it will pop soon, but next to the gliching publications that seems to be another major issue. So you do have 30 publications that got published correctly? If so do no delete them mate, better to keep searching for boosting partners. You could do something like 15/20 dummy accounts since you will need the 10 download trophies anyway..

@BarrieBar17: Yeah I'm playing on Vita and no I didn't do all 30 at once. Did like 2 of each the first time and only my tracks got published. I waited two days before trying again in case my karts/mods would get published by since they didn't I made another small batch last night. So in total only 4 got published out of around 15 tries.

• 2 months later...

Hey Everyone, are the online trophies In this game unattainable now,  I have all my creations still pending and its been over 2 months and i have seen people who have been waiting over a year with no sign of it ever going through. I have deleted the game and started over from scratch and i still have the same problem.  Is there any other way to publish or at least know if it will go through, or have the developers abandoned this game and shut the servers down without it saying?

@ Bravo888 want to thank you pursuing this in the last few months. 

Seems like this is an endless glitch. I'm about to give up.

I used to check everyday once if something had changed. Done with that.

Still cant believe they gave us this as a free game with Ps Plus. And now the online has been broken for months, maybe even for a year.

And they wont do a thing about it. Unbelievable!

This was given out a year ago free with Plus. I hate that Sony doesn't in-house backup host all online content for their games. That said, this can't be the first Plus game that lost it's online component, can it? I'm glad I got one of the online trophies about 4 months ago and one last month. I thought in October, when they fixed their website https://roadtrip.modnation.com they finally got their crap together. 

I'm just glad I never tried the whole "delete and republish mods" to get the trophies. I just published 30 mods once and D4D with about 40 people. They didn't all download back, but whatever.

edit: Fixed link.

Edited by DaivRules

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sooooo a year and (almost) half have passed after I started this thread...

In the beginning I used to check every week if the 'pending' issue had solved itself, without any luck.

Today after not even thinking of this game for over 6 months I thought, what the heck lets just check it out.

ALL my pending mods/karts/circuits were finally gone. And I published 26 mods 1 kart and 1 circuit without any problems.

Left 2 spaces blank just to be able to upload another kart and/or circuit if needed.

Really do not know what solved it, but I hope it works for everbody, or at least if you get to suffer from this issue

it wont take such a long time to fix itself  :facepalm:

Now just hoping no trophies gltich!

Cheeeeers mates, and thanks again for your input in this topic.