Fish on!

Wade_VC

46135-box_167589.jpg

This downloadable game brings the classic Dreamcast game to the PlayStation 3.

If the last thing you want to do is wake up at the crack of dawn to go freeze your butt off on a lake, all in the hopes of catching some fish, then Sega Bass Fishing just might be what you're looking for.

You'll have everything you need to bring in the big one, like 14 different lures, each with its own purpose and difficulty setting. There are also three different play modes that will challenge your skills and test your determination. The Practice mode acts as a training tool, teaching you everything from choosing the right lure to reeling the rod once you've got a bite. In Arcade mode, you'll hit three different lakes in an effort to bring home enough fish to meet your quota. Original mode it lets you enter a series of tournaments where you can improve your skills and move up the rankings. If you're ready to catch "the big one," then get your hands on Sega Bass Fishing and go for it.

I picked this up yesterday, and I have to say I am having a ball with it!

Although I also have the Granddaddy of fishing games, Rapala Bass Fishing, I have to admit that, despite the more simplistic gameplay, this is one fun-ass fishing game! A nice selection of lures to get you started, and plenty more to unlock as you progress. The action of the lures imparted by the proper use of your fishing rod is also exceptional.

It isn't as in-depth as Rapala Pro Bass Fishing (which is the best fishing game on the market, IMHO), but SEGA Bass Fishing is no slouch either. The gameplay is fairly basic, but the selection of lures available is great, the action of the lures is equally good, and overall it is a fun fishing game. The voice acting is a little cheesy (or should I say simplistic), and the graphics are ok, but the fun value is certainly there.

Although simplistic on the one hand, don't think it is as easy as casting, hooking a monster fish, and winning the tournaments. You have to know how to read the weather and water conditions, and match the lures and casting spots, much as you would when fishing in RL.

If you don't want to pay the price of the bigger Rapala Pro Bass Fishing, but would still like a fun, decent fishing game, I would definitely recommend SEGA Bass Fishing.

It is all SP, no online; but you can compare stats of your friends who also have the game.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Why are there 2 different prices on PSN for this game? There's no explanation in the description. Is one for the Vita or something? Which one did you guys buy?

As someone who has 100% this game, I can't say that I ever noticed there were two versions. I got the one that was on sale for PS3.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...