Satoshi's Compendium of J-games and HanaKana - FOR FUTABA!

Satoshi Ookami

Since you are the first person I think about when it comes to Nep games, I wanna ask you something: How good are the spin-offs?

I really really liked both the humor and the gameplay of all 4 Nep games I played so far (ReBirth 1-3 and Mega Nep VII), but as all spin-offs that are released over here so far have another gameplay component, I am quite unsure about those. And I heard the grinding is quite annoying in those spin-offs, but is it really more grind than the main games usually have? :P

They are worth because of the different gameplay =D

It gives you a chance to explore different genres =D

As for the grind yea... that definitely is a problem... the annoyance is what grinds most people... time-wise it's probably comparable to main games, but it's absolutely freaking annoying. =D If you get past that, you will definitely enjoy them =D

They are worth because of the different gameplay =D

It gives you a chance to explore different genres =D

As for the grind yea... that definitely is a problem... the annoyance is what grinds most people... time-wise it's probably comparable to main games, but it's absolutely freaking annoying. =D If you get past that, you will definitely enjoy them =D

Hmm kay, sounds fine. I usually can take grinds quite well. :P With which one should I start? Chibi-Strategy-RPG Noire, Dynasty Warriors-like Action Unleashed or Idol Perfection? Which was the best in your opinion? Grinding aside. :P

Hmm kay, sounds fine. I usually can take grinds quite well. :P With which one should I start? Chibi-Strategy-RPG Noire, Dynasty Warriors-like Action Unleashed or Idol Perfection? Which was the best in your opinion? Grinding aside. :P

I liked Nowa-chan the most, but it's also the longest one =D

One step closer to the Ultrafan :awesome:

I must admit, that is small part of my motivation too. :awesome: But these Nep games are just too good, they're getting quite viral. :D Today I've seen on Amazon.de that MegaTagmension Blanc will be released on 20th May. So if I'm getting into the spin-offs, I'll preorder that one too. :D

I must admit, that is small part of my motivation too. :awesome: But these Nep games are just too good, they're getting quite viral. :D Today I've seen on Amazon.de that MegaTagmension Blanc will be released on 20th May. So if I'm getting into the spin-offs, I'll preorder that one too. :D

Yea, definitely do, best spin-off :awesome:

• 2 months later...

I already know what's going to be your 100th platinum (the same goes for jeieem) therefore.. what're you waiting for with Persona 4 Ultimax? You didn't even finish P3 story mode (could it be  your 5000th trophy?  :angel:)

Edited by Neku-tan

what're you waiting for with Persona 4 Ultimax?

The goddamned challenge mode :/

You didn't even finish P3 story mode (could it be  your 5000th trophy?  :angel:)

Yea, no motivation without the Don't Think Feel.

Plus, it's dub... 

It's definitely not going to be #5000, that's obviously...

Sora no Kiseki SC :awesome:

The goddamned challenge mode :/

But still you have dlc trophies to go so really no need to worry about other challenges. I've heard the Margaret's missions are definitely the easiest to do. The most of the people I've seen with P4:U plat have only this trophy done.

But still you have dlc trophies to go so really no need to worry about other challenges. I've heard the Margaret's missions are definitely the easiest to do. The most of the people I've seen with P4:U plat have only this trophy done.

If I could do those, I would have already done them.

Margaret has about 20 commands on her challenge 24, no chance.

• 2 months later...

Planned Platinums:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ The Battle Pentagram what in the world is this game?? PLAY P4AU now! I wanna see it, you hear me! Send me pictures of you playing that game, just dont reply to this post, go and play P4AU at once goddamit :awesome:

because its a very good game btw :D  Also I would like to see that P4A platted one day :P

PLAY P4AU now! I wanna see it, you hear me! Send me pictures of you playing that game, just dont reply to this post, go and play P4AU at once goddamit :awesome:

because its a very good game btw :D  Also I would like to see that P4A platted one day :P

Oh, yes, I've ended up including this in my backlog as well...

*sees online trophies* Screw it, I'll just go as far as I can and be done. *runs away screaming*

劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ The Battle Pentagram what in the world is this game?? PLAY P4AU now! I wanna see it, you hear me! Send me pictures of you playing that game, just dont reply to this post, go and play P4AU at once goddamit :awesome:

Oh, yes, I've ended up including this in my backlog as well...

*sees online trophies* Screw it, I'll just go as far as I can and be done. *runs away screaming*

I tried. 

And failed miserably.

You're not the only one...  xD

Oh God, I have this game on my backlog and I'm dreading it already.

Where did you guys failed? maybe I can give you some tips, doing all challenges with one character?

Yup, the character challenges. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Satoshi. I think I got down to the last 5 or so challenges for Margaret. I tried for hours upon hours, but I just couldn't get it to work. I got really close, but no cigar. The problem I was having was making the final move connect with the CPU. It was very disheartening managing to finally get all the moves done after many attempts, only for the final one to not connect.

If you're good at fighting games, I'm sure it won't be too bad for you. P4AU was literally the first fighting game I've ever attempted to get good at. I definitely improved over time, but the challenges are still beyond me I think.

• Like 1

Yup, the character challenges. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Satoshi. I think I got down to the last 5 or so challenges for Margaret. I tried for hours upon hours, but I just couldn't get it to work. I got really close, but no cigar. The problem I was having was making the final move connect with the CPU. It was very disheartening managing to finally get all the moves done after many attempts, only for the final one to not connect.

Damn, I would just keep trying if I were you. Honestly I dont remember all those trials but I helped myself by pausing the game in some longer challenges, also Margaret trials are said to be easiest but it might depend. I think Marie were easiest if you have that DLC. From main game Shadow Labrys is easiest for many people. You could also ask IKillGodz

he is very good in both P4A games and wouldnt mind giving some tips. I bet he remembers all trials. In Margaret trials there was one annoying where you had to very quickly do four quarter circle in a row at the end of a trial, if thats the one you must be really fast with input.

Edited by Saionji

It all comes to doing all trials for one character.

It's pretty much a Platinum guarantee after you get it.

I suck at timing inputs in fighters so it may be different for you =)

Where did you guys failed? maybe I can give you some tips, doing all challenges with one character?

Obviously the only hard trophy of the game, yea, challenges =D

I'm 23/25 for Minazuki and... no way I can do the last two. Two DQC are impossible.

• Like 1