Satoshi's Compendium of J-games and HanaKana - FOR FUTABA!

Satoshi Ookami

If you're good at fighting games, I'm sure it won't be too bad for you. P4AU was literally the first fighting game I've ever attempted to get good at. I definitely improved over time, but the challenges are still beyond me I think.

It all comes to doing all trials for one character.

It's pretty much a Platinum guarantee after you get it.

I suck at timing inputs in fighters so it may be different for you =)

I'm reasonably good at fighting games and hack-and-slashes but I'm by no means gifted. I'm more stubborn than talented, if anything. Only offline achievement that's baffled me so far was the King of the Palace achievement for Devil May Cry 4 (it's an in-game achievement on the PS3). I'm not very good with survivals and this one's not only long, it's also timed and demands tons of skill. Guess it's a matter of seeing who's more persistent, me or the game :lol:

I'm reasonably good at fighting games and hack-and-slashes but I'm by no means gifted. I'm more stubborn than talented, if anything. Only offline achievement that's baffled me so far was the King of the Palace achievement for Devil May Cry 4 (it's an in-game achievement on the PS3). I'm not very good with survivals and this one's not only long, it's also timed and demands tons of skill. Guess it's a matter of seeing who's more persistent, me or the game :lol:

Um... I don't think you need complicated combos in hack&slashes... or do you? =D

To give you an example, you need to perform this to clear probably the easiest character (classic fighting game notation 2 = Down, 4 = Left, 6 = Right, 8 = Up and so on).

2C 5C 2AB OMB [5C 2C jB]x2 5C 2C 2B 2AB BD 236236C BD 236236C 214214A

It all comes to how quickly can you perform quarter circles on your controller.

I bet you he kept spamming Marie :awesome:

Of course :awesome:

She was my main in Ultimax :awesome:

I think you should play Psycho-pass Mandatory happiness and Nitroplus Blasterz

Don't you think I already have them planned? :awesome:

• Like 1

It all comes to doing all trials for one character.

It's pretty much a Platinum guarantee after you get it.

I suck at timing inputs in fighters so it may be different for you =)

Obviously the only hard trophy of the game, yea, challenges =D

I'm 23/25 for Minazuki and... no way I can do the last two. Two DQC are impossible.

ok I heard you senpai, I would advise you to try Marie guys and try pausing the game in some longer trials. Margaret wasnt easy especially in 24th trial and the one where you need to pull of four quarter circle at the end very fast. Ask iKillGodz.

I bet you he kept spamming Marie :awesome:

I think you should play Psycho-pass Mandatory happiness and Nitroplus Blasterz

I bet Satoshi was spamming Hana Kana, it was an exclusive character only in his game :awesome:

• Like 1

ok I heard you senpai, I would advise you to try Marie guys and try pausing the game in some longer trials. Margaret wasnt easy especially in 24th trial and the one where you need to pull of four quarter circle at the end very fast. Ask iKillGodz.

I'm obviously pausing. xD

Without pausing. I hardly got to 15.

No way I could pull Marie. Her 23 and 24 were a cancer xD

No way I could pull Marie. Her 23 and 24 were a cancer xD

ok got ya, sorry but I cant give you an detailed strategy for this. You must keep trying and try to figure out some things on your own. Good luck.

Wait... pausing is a legit strategy!?  :blink: How didn't I know about this?

lol arent you pausing the game when you want to take a break  :lol: pausing is legit obviously but its only for noobs like us who sucks in fighting games -_-

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

Um... I don't think you need complicated combos in hack&slashes... or do you? =D

They aren't that complicated, but you do need a good sense of timing ;)

Oh, shit. I haven't played fighting games with quarter circles in ages and I hated those. I haven't seen them for so long I thought the industry just got rid of them. Now I'm really screwed.

To give you an example, you need to perform this to clear probably the easiest character (classic fighting game notation 2 = Down, 4 = Left, 6 = Right, 8 = Up and so on).

2C 5C 2AB OMB [5C 2C jB]x2 5C 2C 2B 2AB BD 236236C BD 236236C 214214A

Yes Satoshi, you must perform this really quickly. At first it looked kinda crazy for my poor thumb as well but with practise I m sure you can do it too. Pausing didnt helped me here, also you may try to use analogs for quarter circles. Try to excercise that 236236C 214214A before you attempt full combo.

Edited by Saionji

lol arent you pausing the game when you want to take a break  :lol: pausing is legit obviously but its only for noobs like us who sucks in fighting games -_-

So do you mean pausing in the middle of a combo? Or do you just mean pause to take a break?  :P

I did to take a break, but I never tried doing it in the middle of a combo. Assuming it works like that.

ok got ya, sorry but I cant give you an detailed strategy for this. You must keep trying and try to figure out some things on your own. Good luck.

I know it all comes to persistence. That's how I got to 23 xD

Move -> pause -> press corresponding button -> pause -> wait for performance while pausing -> press another button.

Easy xD

They aren't that complicated, but you do need a good sense of timing ;)

Then... that probably won't help much xD Timing is just the topping that can screw your input xD

Because fun xD

Oh, shit. I haven't played fighting games with quarter circles in ages and I hated those. I haven't seen them for so long I thought the industry just got rid of them. Now I'm really screwed.

Ouch. Yea, industry obviously did not get rid of them, literally ALL J-fighters have trophies for completing challenges one way or another and... you guessed correctly, all are QC based =D

In fact... most are DQC (double quarter circle) =D That means you need to perform two QC successfully in succession to perform the big move... And big moves are VERY often in challenges =D

Though I wanna see you get that plat on P4A and P4U, 

I may get P4U, but no way I'm getting P4A... doing all challenges for 15 characters? I love my insanity but I'm not THAT insane.

And I'm not even saying anything about the Score Mode =D I got to Kanji and went bye bye.

Too loli for me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Of course :awesome:

Move -> pause -> press corresponding button -> pause -> wait for performance while pausing -> press another button.

Easy xD

Well shiiiiit. I wish I knew about this sooner.  :P

Now I'm tempted to give the challenges another try, although I still doubt my ability to pull them off.

Now I'm tempted to give the challenges another try, although I still doubt my ability to pull them off.

Good luck, I hope you guys can do it. There are also some videos on youtube for those challenges so it might be helpful too, especially for 25th.

It helps immensely. But the problem are the challenges with many DQCs anyway.

Though... you can actually pull DQC through pause :awesome:

It's like this.

QC -> Pause -> QC + button / QC -> Pause -> button

It actually works surprisingly well :awesome:

Good luck, I hope you guys can do it. There are also some videos on youtube for those challenges so it might be helpful too, especially for 25th.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.  :)

It helps immensely. But the problem are the challenges with many DQCs anyway.

Though... you can actually pull DQC through pause :awesome:

It's like this.

QC -> Pause -> QC + button / QC -> Pause -> button

It actually works surprisingly well :awesome:

A good tip, thanks!

But yeah, I've seen some of the inputs that come in the later challenges, and it hurts my brain just looking at them to be honest.  :P  I can't fathom how to get my fingers to pull off such a monstrosity.  xD

But yeah, I've seen some of the inputs that come in the later challenges, and it hurts my brain just looking at them to be honest.  :P  I can't fathom how to get my fingers to pull off such a monstrosity.  xD

I can't even fathom how ANYONE could pull these, let alone me =D

And one additional tip. When you are doing AOA challenges, change AOA command to one of the :square::triangle::cross::circle: you don't want to spam pressing any of the R/L buttons xD

• Like 1

Here is a list of your Planned Platinums you should do! if you keep fooling around with Hana Kana soon all your gaming skillz are going to be based on skiping cutscenes in visual novels :P:awesome:

Super Street Fighter IV

Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

• Like 2

Here is a list of your Planned Platinums you should do! if you keep fooling around with Hana Kana soon all your gaming skillz are going to be based on skiping cutscenes in visual novels :P:awesome:

Super Street Fighter IV

Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Apart from Ultimax, neither has HanaKana, no need to care.

And I actually want to end up in VN-only territory. That would be a paradaisu.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

That's why my list of Platinums isn't that high yet  :)

um... you might want to change this ;) (unless you still think that's low until you get 500+ platinums or something) - and your "I still hope the 3rd installment will somehow be released" under VLR.

nice collection, especially that catherine plat.

um... you might want to change this ;) (unless you still think that's low until you get 500+ platinums or something) - and your "I still hope the 3rd installment will somehow be released" under VLR.

Yea, I can change these... 

Yea... with 100 plats the original statement does not make much of a sense xDDD

nice collection, especially that catherine plat.

Thanks. I'm definitely proud of that one. Took some time xD

• 2 months later...

I love your collection! Congratulations! I started recently as "Trophy Hunter" and I hope someday have half of what you have haha, I dont have much time lately but soon  I'll try to get several platinums of your list!

PD: I always admire anyone who has catherine platinum. Great job man!

Edited by Arzkath

I love your collection! Congratulations! I started recently as "Trophy Hunter" and I hope someday have half of what you have haha, I dont have much time lately but soon  I'll try to get several platinums of your list!

Thanks!

I also love my collection :awesome:

PD: I always admire anyone who has catherine platinum. Great job man!

Yea, that thing is brutal :D It's most likely my proudest Platinum. :D

• Like 2