Does anybody else here not smoke and not drink?

Capreb

If not, why not? 

If you're below legal age, you don't count lol.

I don't smoke because it's stupid, it poses no health benefits, drains your money and slowly kills you to a certain degree. 

i don't drink because it's never appealed to me; I'm boring and I like money too much. 

I don't do other drugs because I'm a sadist. I apparently enjoy tutoring myself by never giving myself a break from reality.

Just wondering if anybody else avoids all that shit, if you do.

Why? 

Edited by Kukyona
  • Like 2

If not, why not? 

If you're below legal age, you don't count lol.

I don't smoke because it's stupid, it poses no health benefits, drains your money and slowly kills you to a certain degree. 

i don't drink because it's never appealed to me; I'm boring and I like money too much. 

I don't do other drugs because I'm a sadist. I apparently enjoy tutoring myself by never giving myself a break from reality.

Just wondering if anybody else avoids all that shit, if you do.

Why? 

Smoking:

Yep smoking is stupid so i don't do that. Like you said, it has no benefits what so ever other than getting high if you smoke weed but i feel i have passed that stage of my life where i would of possibly tried it if i had the chance.

Alcohol:

Drinking on the other hand i do, mostly bourbon and whiskey. As a kid, i thought adults getting drunk and acting like kids was pathetic for their age.. now i do, but i atleast understand why now ;) 

Benefit of being drunk in the way gaming is long grinds for trophies don't seem as long and are lots more entertaining! I don't do that too often other than when i REALLY want to finish a game, so it's only happened 2 or 3 times before.

Drugs:

Uhmmmmm no never. Why even bother ruining everything?

Edited by Exalted-Risk
  • Like 1

Smoking: nope, I've tried it but it taste like shit.

Drinking: nope, tried it, tasted like shit, and hated the effect.

Drugs: tried a few when I was younger, but it was only to try then. (I'm 25) smoked weed for a while but stopped as soon as I turned 18. Not only did it not do much for me but its expensive and I could only keep one hobby. (Its the reason why I'm still gaming)

Edited by BasickAlphabit

Used to smoke when I was 14, rebellious bullshit... I was a kid

Still drink to a degree, I don't go out and buy a bottle... but if you offer me some, I'll take it.

Drugs... again, when I was younger I used to smoke some green... Didn't become a habit though

Now my drugs consist of video games, movies, books, cheese burgers,  soda..... and occasionally I get drunk enough that i start moving while sitting. 

Edited by KratosTheMighty

Reasons I don't smoke:

Bad breath, I do weight training/cardio regularly so don't need it hindering my health, waste of money, my group of friends and I in HS were all "Straight Edge" and proud of it, so never had anyone try to peer pressure me into trying it.

Reasons I don't drink:

I like my liver, I hate partying, waste of money, drunk people are annoying (90% of the time), don't have to worry about DUI's.

Drugs:

Well I like my brain for one, and was always taught to be a leader with morals/responsibility.

• Like 1

I don't smoke because it's a dirty, smelly, filthy, expensive habit and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would even take up smoking this day in age.

I don't drink because I don't need alcohol to have a good time, it's not exactly cheap and it doesn't do anything for me that water can't.

I don't do drugs because aside from the fact it's illegal (not that I would do them if they were legal), I don't need mind/body altering substances to get away from the real world and also because like the above they aren't cheap.

I get my highs/kicks/whatever you want to call them from the 3 things I love in life, movies, music and video games.

QrrCnwn.jpg

• Like 4

Smoking no,    waste of money,  end of possibly losing your teeth,  health risks

drink,    no, never been interested but now and again for toasting someone I have a small sip,   I do now and again have a larger with lemonade. family members know I don't drink.    again health risks,  mouth and liver etc

drugs,  no

Never had any of the three, just isn't my thing.

I pity those who are addicted to any of them, though. It's a path that's very hard to leave, i say that because a lot of people in my family were or still are an alcohol addict or smoke addict, but none of them ever did drugs and whatnot. For some reason people in my country think it's bad to do drugs but they still smoke and are addicted to alcohol when it's pretty much the same thing, i blame television for brainwashing these people. :)

* Raises Hand*

Neither have ever appealed to me. Never smoked anything and just about every type of alcohol I've tried, I didn't care for. Plus it just seems like people smoke and drink to be trendy these days as if that makes you more edgy or something. Idk. I've never understood it.

To each his own though.

• Like 1

I'd rather exercise, meditate, drink water and eat healthy then pollute my body with complete and utter shit that has no long term benefits to me. I'd also rather spend my money

doing amazing things but each to their own I guess. 

smokers_lungs_body_worlds.jpg

alcohol-effects2.jpg

• Like 1

Smoking: Yep, there's nothing more relaxing for me on this earth than a Lucky Strike Red after a massive, delicious meal.

Drinking: I wouldn't drink all too often, but when I do I love a Jameson or a Disaronno on the rocks. A few pints of Carlsberg goes down a treat, too. 

Drugs: My grasp on sanity is tenuous enough, so drugs would more than likely tip me over the edge. No offence to anyone here, but from experience I find people that consume drugs (harder drugs, not talking caffeine here) are rather boring, bland people to begin with, so they need a little inspiration from somewhere. Plus, if you're born into such an environment it's difficult to break the chain of addiction. 

People just have different ways of coping with this obscene, bizarre existence of ours. 

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 2

^Everybody dies. I rather try to enjoy my short time here than try to live long. That's why I play videogames and drink beer.

Yes, everybody dies but I'd rather not die of lung cancer (Call me crazy) and you can live long and also enjoy life. 

• Like 1

I don't smoke because of all that blah, blah, blah bad stuff.  Also the money.  I mean, video gaming is not a cheap hobby.  But my sister makes more than me and she smokes and she's constantly out of gas.  And at work, the people who smoke flip the fuck out way more easily than the non-smokers.

I don't drink because of my mom and sister.  My mom just gets super annoying when she drinks and my sister gets violent when she drinks.  My dad just gets chill when he drinks so I might end up like that.  But I don't really feel like finding out.  And I just can't stand drunk people in general.  They're so annoying.

I don't do anything else either.  I mean if I'm not going to pop down $4 for a pack of cigarettes that is legal, why would I give more for something else that I could get in trouble for.

I always think... "Why would I be so stupid to invest money into something that could potentially harm my life when I can invest into video games?"

So no, I've neither tried cigarette nor drunk alcohol.

I can't stand smoke and always have to cover my nose.

As for alcohol, my liver is apparently in bad condition (tests confirmed it) so I have valid excuse to absent from drinking if I ever were to be dragged between people.

Haven't smoked a pack in my life as it frankly tastes and smells like shit. I wouldn't do it even if cigs turned out to be beneficial for your health. 

However, I do occasionally drink just because I like the buzz. I scaled it back by a lot though because I lift weights regularly and since alcohol lowers your test levels.. you're screwed in that regard. :P

Smoke: tried during HS days but just made me dizzy... since then... all I can think of it are it's cons...

Drink: rarely... my attempt to have a social life, i.e. drinking with office buddies, old friends... I've never drink alone...

Drugs: never tried and never will... can't think of a reason except curiosity why I will try it in first place...

Edited by jeieem
  • Like 1

I've tried a smoke once.  I coughed so much I said F-it, I don't need this.

Alcohol I won't try, ever.  Not because I'm afraid I'll hate it (which is the reason I won't try many foods), but because I'm afraid I'll like it.  When I have a plentiful supply of something I like on hand, I tend to over-indulge on it.  And doing that with Alcohol is a very dangerous thing to do, so I don't even go there.

Smoking: No, I tried it once in school and I hated it. Nobody in my family smokes, not any more anyway, my mother gave it up 7 years ago :).

Drinking: I wouldn't say so. I sometimes have a drink at Christmas, my grandfather bought me a box of 15 Carlsburg just before Christmas last year, still have some left, actually out of date now. 

Drugs: No.