Does anybody else here not smoke and not drink?

Capreb

Smoking: I do a little bit. I can go for days or maybe even a week without one. It takes me forever to finish a pack. I smoke Camel unfiltered. I use a tar guard to try and protect myself from tar oil. Tried an unfiltered one without the tar guard and the taste was a little weird. 

Drinking: I've found a few beers that I enjoy. My favs are Guinness Draught, Guinness Foreign Extra, Sam Adams Irish Red, Kirin Ichiban, Asahi Super Dry and Carlsberg Elephant. I only ever get buzzed and have only been drunk a few times. Going to work with a hangover is a fuckin' nightmare so I now know how to control myself. I also enjoy whisky. Favorites are 12 year old Yamazaki and 12 year old Hibiki.

Smoking: Not really. I might have an occasional cigar here and there, and I'd never say no to a joint, but cigarettes never.

Drinking: I like tasting beer, but seeing how everything is like $6 a bottle I usually either got for local, cheap ones or gin or vodka. Pretty much drinking every day.

I don't smoke, drink or do drugs and a big "thumbs up" goes to those that can claim the same.

If you want to get super technical; I might drink a beer once or twice in the span of a year and I acknowledge sugar and caffeine (coffee, pop) as drugs I frequently use.

I don't smoke, it's disgusting. It makes your breath smell like shit, your clothes smell like shit, your car and your house smell like shit and there seems to be a constant smelly cloud floating around you. There's no benefits to it, well, I guess it stops your lungs turning into bark but that's all.

I don't drink either, I've tasted wine, beer, rum a couple of times but it all tastes the same, which is also pretty disgusting.

My ex was always trying to get me drunk for some reason and used to get really angry when I refused.

I only use drugs when they're labelled as medicine. I don't even have any form of caffeine intake.

My escapism is video games, books or sleep. I sleep a lot when I'm stressed.

Smoke: nope, agree with you that it's a waste of money, plus smells awful and i like my lungs to be healthy!

Drink: I occasionally (1-2 a month) have a bottle of raspberry cidre (that's how stella artois spell it, so hush!)

Drugs: Only the ones I have to take to live (Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic) Drugs that don't medically help you in any way are silly, dangerous and bloody expensive!

I don't smoke because it is a stupid thing to do, especially with all the warnings and it smells and makes your teeth yellow.  I've never felt any pressure from peers to smoke.
I don't drink either as it is also very bad for you.  And also because I don't like the taste much.
As for drugs, I don't even take ones like pain killers etc, my doctor knows I'm extremely against drugs so he always looks at more natural ways of helping me if I ever need anything, thankfully I'm very healthy though so it's rare I ever need to worry about getting put onto any drugs.

Also, like everyone else says.. why spend tons of money on these things that will make your life hell at some point?  None of my hobbies are cheap.  Building PCs, getting tattooed, games, figure collection, going on really big shopping sprees (I am a female, lol), if I were into smoking/drinking/drugs I would never be able to have any of these other hobbies or at least not as many as I do.  So why would I want to give up that stuff for this stuff that is just going to give me a whole pile of problems?

If not, why not? 

If you're below legal age, you don't count lol.

I don't smoke because it's stupid, it poses no health benefits, drains your money and slowly kills you to a certain degree. 

i don't drink because it's never appealed to me; I'm boring and I like money too much. 

I don't do other drugs because I'm a sadist. I apparently enjoy tutoring myself by never giving myself a break from reality.

Just wondering if anybody else avoids all that shit, if you do.

Why? 

Neither, same reasons as you.

Edited by le7Samurai

I used to do both when I was under legal age, pretty much because all my friends were I joined in not by peer pressure though. I eventually just grew up and out of it and stopped hanging around those people. Also my dad is a alcoholic and is really mean when he drinks so it put me off alcohol I barely visit him because of it. 

• Like 1

Never smoked a cigarette in my life and don't feel compelled to.

I drink infrequently, maybe one day then not again for another few days / weeks / months all depends what's going on. I don't drink at home or after a stressful day or anything I only drink when I meet with friends or at Christmas or other special occasions.

Drinking wise, I'm 18 but I have gotten drunk once.. I don't really drink a lot but I will sometimes.

Only once ? I'm really starting to feel like an alcoholic now :S

I'm almost 19 and I've been drunk so many times that I lost count :P

But then again I don't have the impression that I drink more than any other person of my age. (About 5 beers, 3 nights a week :P which is not enough to get me drunk btw, but there are a lot of exceptions on this rule xD)

I guess this has a lot to do with culture really.

Edited by DarKNesS_X

I don't drink either, I've tasted wine, beer, rum a couple of times but it all tastes the same, which is also pretty disgusting.

Oh, far from "all the same". There's so many different types of alcoholic beverages that don't diss them all just because you've had a sip of bulk lager or some low quality rum ;)

• Like 1

Oh, far from "all the same". There's so many different types of alcoholic beverages that don't diss them all just because you've had a sip of bulk lager or some low quality rum ;)

It's that alcoholic tang or burn that hits the back of your throat, it's awful.

Besides, look how flammable it is, why would anyone want to drink it? lol

I don't smoke because it's a dirty, smelly, filthy, expensive habit and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would even take up smoking this day in age.

I don't drink because I don't need alcohol to have a good time, it's not exactly cheap and it doesn't do anything for me that water can't.

I don't do drugs because aside from the fact it's illegal (not that I would do them if they were legal), I don't need mind/body altering substances to get away from the real world and also because like the above they aren't cheap.

I get my highs/kicks/whatever you want to call them from the 3 things I love in life, movies, music and video games.

QrrCnwn.jpg

love that photo

well i do smoke, but have cut back drastically from what i used to. working on quitting. i used to be a raging alcholic in high school, but once i hit 21 and it was legal, i dunno. it just sort of lost its appeal for me. haven't had a drop of the stuff in almost 2 years

• Like 1

Never had the urge to smoke. I've always seen it as the disgusting habit it is. There are other ways to relax that aren't equal to cutting your own arm off when you want to stop. Those things have far too much control over someone.

Drink I do. A few times a year I'll treat myself to either a bottle of Boones wine or four bottles of Rum Smoothie. They hide the taste of the alcohol, which disgusts me. I can't even use mouthwash. I only drink them at home or during family get-togethers and never to get myself drunk. Making an ass of yourself and not remembering it holds no interest to me.

Drugs, hell no.

Did smoke for 20 years, I have been Vaping for 2 years and 6 Months. The benefits of not smoking tobacco where evident very quickly tbh. It's nice to taste food and drink again but the biggest thing is it's nice not to stink. However, I never smoked indoors or inside vehicles.

Alcohol? Yeah sure I'll have a drink or 2, usually only one night a week. I love gaming so much that I'd rather be focussed, Saturday is the usual night for me to have a drink.

Drugs? The green really helped me study at school, very hyper kid. Also fantastic for head aches, I still get allot of headaches but don't touch the green. Other? really not worth mentioning, lets just say not at the moment. People can think what they like about any topic they want, I did complete High school 3 years early so I'm never sure how to view weed. It's not a good thing for the paranoid

Been around smokers my whole life, since I was a kid, yet I never smoked in my entire life, even when pressured and asked to several times, some even by the same people. Everyone in my damn family smokes/smoked. Inhaled a good amount of 2nd hand smoke my entire life (overall) as well and still didn't end up smoking, and i'm an adult now. There is also the lack of interest.

Drinking however, is a slightly different story. Didn't start drinking till I was 17yrs old. Funny thing is you can barely call it drinking, as mostly everything I've really drunk, were just those %5-10 alcohol included drinks. I've never drunk enough to get drunk and only had about 2-3 real drinks in my entire life, which none were even drunk to half the bottle/can. The furthest I've gotten, drunk wise, was tipsy. So.. I hardly count this.

• Like 1