best RPG games on ps3?

GRITTY_PITTY

Thanks guys, im playing Mass Effect at the moment, and im still unsure about Dragon Age Origins, I own it but have only been able to play around 3 houres, I love fantasy RPG's though, Skyrim is my all time favourite game. I want to play Dark Souls but ive heard its extremely tough, Ni No Kuni is on my list of games to get also.

• Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • Mass Effect Trilogy
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

100% accurate - though id say all 3 souls games are amazing - and id add Fallout 3 and Oblivion & Skyrim

Thanks guys, im playing Mass Effect at the moment, and im still unsure about Dragon Age Origins, I own it but have only been able to play around 3 houres, I love fantasy RPG's though, Skyrim is my all time favourite game. I want to play Dark Souls but ive heard its extremely tough, Ni No Kuni is on my list of games to get also.

Dont let the Souls games reputations put you off, they are tough, but not as bad as some would lead you to believe - Demons Souls is the hardest, but Dark Souls is not as hard, and a better game to boot.

• Like 3

Dont let the Souls games reputations put you off, they are tough, but not as bad as some would lead you to believe - Demons Souls is the hardest, but Dark Souls is not as hard, and a better game to boot.

I liked Demon Soul's style and gameplay and tried to play it multiple times, but got frustated after dieing again and again and again. I think I only went littler further than killing the first boss (phalanx?) Where you have to cross the bridge/wall and dragon is breathing fire, was never able to pass that.

Keeping that in mind, should I try Dark Souls anyway?

• Like 1

The Assassin Creed games aren't really RPG's, although they are pretty good, if you are a fan of History or just killing people :ninja: My fav RPG's of all time are Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3. You REALLY can't go wrong there. My other favourites have already been mentioned so get together a list, set aside your life and start collecting RPG's! :yay: 

• Like 2

• Fairy Fencer F
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia series
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls II
  • Disgaea 3
  • Disgaea 4
  • Disgaea D2
  • The Guided Fate Paradox
  • Atelier Rorona/Rorona+
  • Atelier Totori
  • Atelier Meruru
  • Atelier Ayesha
  • Atelier Escha & Logy
  • Mugen Souls
  • Mugen Souls Z
  • Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel
  • Ar Nosurge
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Dragon Age II

More action oriented but having their share of RPG elements I'd have to recommend the Yakuza games as well.

This is a very good list, sadly most of the people only play western rpgs, not jrpgs (in my opinion they are much better).

• Like 2

If you mean RPG as in western only RPG I suggest mass effect (especially ME1 ^^) and dragon age origins (only origins and awakening), oblivion is a good choice, better than skyrim (IMO), you have also dragon dogma (I have it but haven't played it yet....), amalur, and I think that all (I suggest the witcher but....ps3....). and I hate the souls series.... it doesn't have a story and characters are... it's just my opinion... and you have south park the stick of the truth but it's... different xD

but if you mean RPG as the genre (like FPS or fighting), including jrpg and tactical..... you have lots and LOTS of games ^^" : atelier series (rorona, totori, meruru, ayesha, escha and logy), tales of series (symphonia even if it's a ps2 game, graces f, xillia, xillia 2), hyperdimension neptunia series (1, mk2, victory), disgaea series (3, 4, D2), mugen souls series (souls, and souls z), some great stand alone (on ps3) like star ocean, ar tonelico 3, ar nosurge (that one is better IMO ^^), rune factory ocean, or guided fate paradox (have to play it.... ~~). there are other title like trinity universe or time and eternity but they are more... niche game ^^" (and cross edge I don't know if it's possible to find it...).

I haven't mention Final Fantasy because of the "best" in the title :giggle:  (FF10 is a ps2 game...) and for the witch and the 100th knight... I can't forgive that BS story....

there is so much jrpg on ps3 that I don't have time to play all of them... my guided fate paradox is waiting for me since its release....

• Like 1

If you mean RPG as in western only RPG I suggest mass effect (especially ME1 ^^) and dragon age origins (only origins and awakening), oblivion is a good choice, better than skyrim (IMO), you have also dragon dogma (I have it but haven't played it yet....), amalur, and I think that all (I suggest the witcher but....ps3....). and I hate the souls series.... it doesn't have a story and characters are... it's just my opinion... and you have south park the stick of the truth but it's... different xD

but if you mean RPG as the genre (like FPS or fighting), including jrpg and tactical..... you have lots and LOTS of games ^^" : atelier series (rorona, totori, meruru, ayesha, escha and logy), tales of series (symphonia even if it's a ps2 game, graces f, xillia, xillia 2), hyperdimension neptunia series (1, mk2, victory), disgaea series (3, 4, D2), mugen souls series (souls, and souls z), some great stand alone (on ps3) like star ocean, ar tonelico 3, ar nosurge (that one is better IMO ^^), rune factory ocean, or guided fate paradox (have to play it.... ~~). there are other title like trinity universe or time and eternity but they are more... niche game ^^" (and cross edge I don't know if it's possible to find it...).

I haven't mention Final Fantasy because of the "best" in the title :giggle:  (FF10 is a ps2 game...) and for the witch and the 100th knight... I can't forgive that BS story.... yeah South Park is awesome, huge fan of the show so it was an awesome experience, im open to JRPG's but I prefer Western :)

there is so much jrpg on ps3 that I don't have time to play all of them... my guided fate paradox is waiting for me since its release....