Most embarrassing Platinum

patrickogorman19

1 minute ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Basically yeah. 

I'm also half tempted to buy  Hannah Montana just cause it would be funny having it on my profile. 

Wouldn't be buying it for easy trophies. 

You're right! I think you should, it would be hilarious.

Especially since unironically in 2021, Hannah Montana is a pretty hard game.

13 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Sarcasm aside... How is it unironically a hard game in 2021

I'm not being sarcastic, not at all.

Take a look

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/307-hannah-montana-the-movie

The fastest platinum achiever is 2 and a half hours. There's seemingly quite a lot of pesky gameplay you have to go through for that easy platinum. Even going for the fastest time, 150 minutes is a whole lot of effort.

There are quite literally thousands of games easier than Hannah Montana. It has a platinum rarity of 67% which means that out of everyone who plays it, 1 in 3 people never get platinum.

The standards have changed.

Having to literally sit through hours of Hannah Montana, that's tough man! I can't deal with a challenge like that. Gotta leave it to the professionals.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Take a look

The fastest platinum achiever is 2 and a half hours. There's seemingly a lot of whole lot of gameplay you have to go through for that easy platinum.

There are quite literally thousands of games easier than Hannah Montana. It has a platinum rarity of 67% which means that out of everyone who plays it, 1 in 3 people never get platinum.

On top of that, it's $13.79 right now for a new copy on Amazon. Add in sales tax and that's a whole lot of EZPZ that could have been bought instead.

As far as Platinum requirements go, Hannah Montana is Mein Leben compared to Breakthrough Gaming Arcade.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Take a look

The fastest platinum achiever is 2 and a half hours. There's seemingly quite a lot of pesky gameplay you have to go through for that easy platinum. Even going for the fastest time, 150 minutes is a whole lot of effort.

Having to literally sit through hours of Hannah Montana, that's tough man! I can't deal with a challenge like that. Gotta leave it to the professionals.

You really have an issue with the few easy plats I have don't you? 

Don't worry mate... I've got alot of 100+ hour long plats sitting in my backlog I'll eventually get around to. 

Might even start the pinnacle of long plats and start up either Mugen Souls or White Knight Chronicles. 

Who knows? 

Would that make you feel better? 

2 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Absolutely. There will be a wedding ceremony to welcome you in once you have found your waifu for laifu.

You know what.... I might look in to the easiest and quickest way to get a copy.... I'll tag you somewhere when I get the plat. ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Take a look

Just read the comments in this thread from 2014 - 2016, and read the comments made very recently. People don't even scoff at Hannah Montana anymore because that takes more effort to get than the absolute trash Breakthrough Gaming Arcade titles.

Hannah Montana: The Movie which came out of a shitty Disney Channel sitcom in the mid - late 2000s starting Miley Cyrus who is a complete joke as a pop artist.

The standards are getting lower.

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Just read the comments in this thread from 2014 - 2016, and read the comments made very recently. People don't even scoff at Hannah Montana anymore because that takes more effort to get than the absolute trash Breakthrough Gaming Arcade titles.

Hannah Montana: The Movie which came out of a shitty Disney Channel sitcom in the mid - late 2000s starting Miley Cyrus who is a complete joke as a pop artist.

The standards are getting lower.

What would be considered the poster child for embarrassing plats? 

The auto pop ones are bad, sure. 

But there's gotta be something that's more widely accepted as the worst of the worst. 

Just now, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

What would be considered the poster child for embarrassing plats? 

But there's gotta be something that's more widely accepted as the worst of the worst. 

I would of said something like Orc Slayer, but that was five years ago, and the standards have definitely gone lower.

1 hour ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Would that make you feel better? 

I feel fine already thanks.

I just enjoy reading people's comments about easy platinums

"Oh it's a couple of dollars"

"I get amusement out of it. "

"I often go looking for indie games"

I am just intrigued why sometimes people are in complete denial and just don't admit it, they do it for the super easy trophies.

I mean it's as if they are embarrassed by it and have to find some other way to justify their purchases.

Just own it, I say. In ye olds, we have a newspaper in the UK called "The Sun", Don't read any other newspaper, just that one for some reason. Funny that. People would say they buy it

"for the news"

when in reality, they're just buying it for one particular page to read on their own, somewhere.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I would of said something like Orc Slayer, but that was five years ago, and the standards have definitely gone lower.

Orc Slayer is like the successor to things like Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust. (I think that was the name)

Easy, but poorly programmed buggy and terrible game.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Orc Slayer is like the successor to things like Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust. (I think that was the name)

Orc Slayer is two to four hours of tedious work. Most people nowadays don't want to put in that kind of effort for a platinum.

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I feel fine already thanks.

I just enjoy reading people's comments about easy platinums

"Oh it's a couple of dollars"

"I get amusement out of it. "

"I often go looking for indie games"

I am just intrigued why sometimes people are in complete denial and just don't admit it, they do it for the super easy trophies.

I mean it's as if they are embarrassed by it and have to find some other way to justify their purchases.

Just own it, I say. In ye olds, we have a newspaper in the UK called "The Sun", Don't read any other newspaper, just that one for some reason. Funny that. People would say they buy it

"for the news"

when in reality, they're just buying it for one particular page to read on their own, somewhere.

I'm not justifying anything... The plats are there on my profile for all to see. 

You asked a question and I answered it. 

If you wanna pick apart my intentions and moan about it then you do you. 

It's funny cause as I said in my original comment, they aren't even my most embarrassing ones. 

But let's throw another layer on to it for you... 

I also look for easy games for my kid to play on his own without constantly failing.

But you sir have added a whole other level of amusement to the couple of dollars I spent on these games. 

More value!! 

• Like 2

You mentioned earlier that you said "Probably Paw Patrol".

Don't be!

Unless you're also embarrassed by things like Lego games, Paw Patrol is a great game, it's well polished and well made. Just because it's made for children, you shouldn't feel embarrassed. A bit like Sonic Adventure, but bones instead of Rings.

Compared to some of the other games you have, that game could be considered a masterpiece in comparison.

Edited by enaysoft

35 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

What would be considered the poster child for embarrassing plats

I think that is actually an interesting question - and I think that Hannah Montana is the answer - though not necessarily fairly.

Hannah Montana was, for a long time, the defacto 'shorthand' for 'shameful trophy-whore games' (I hate that term, and don't normally use it, but you know what I mean.)

The shorthand has changed over time - but interestingly, it has never been a single game that was used in the way it was then - it was always a publisher or a category - 'Telltale', then 'EZPZ', then 'Rata Trash', then 'Breakthrough'.

The only game I can think of where a single game was used as the shorthand (and would therefore be a challenger for the title of 'poster child') is maybe My Name is Mayo - but that one never had quite the same sting to it, as it was so obviously a knowing, self-aware joke. 

Slyde might have manage to replace Hannah Montana - but it somehow avoided it simply because the name was confusing - is it 1000 Top Rated or Slyde? The weird name-changing nonsense that happened with it meant it split its use to the point that it never took Hannah Montana's place.

The irony though, is that, while it was funny to see profiles full of FPS shooters and GTA and other 'grown up' games with a game like Hannah Montana on it - it is my understanding that the Hannah Montana game wasn't actually all that terrible from a game point of view. It wasn't good, but was a fairly middle-of-the-road, serviceable rhythm game for tweenagers.

The joke just came from how often it was played by people clearly not the intended demographic just to pad a profile.

Actually, the game is old enough now that someone who is in their early 20s now, and a full-fledged trophy hunter, could easily have that game on their profile from back then unironically.

They could actually have been the 'right' demographic when it released - they would have been a tween, and may well have been a genuine fan of the TV show - and so, I think the ironic nature of the game has kind of 'aged-out' now...

...but I think someone would still be hard pressed to find a single game that was ever held up as a negative example quite as often, and quite as specifically - and for such a long time - as Hannah Montana - so I think it has to be considered the 'poster-child'.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1