Most embarrassing Platinum

patrickogorman19

Why the concern? :huh:  You do realise most of my plats are fairy quick and easy? (except driveclub which was just time)

As for the question..depends. I work anywhere from 35-50 hours a week, factor in the odd beer night I could spend a whole day off, when I actually have them, gaming or just a hour or two in the evening or morning. You can even see on my profile there are a few games where I had a week off gaming, hence fallout, Farcry Primal and Uncharted DF took almost 2 weeks to finish...heck Uncharted 4 is all ive played since release..a week ago. Yet I'm only just about to plat it.

Just curious because you have A much higher trophies per a day than most people.
  • Like 1

Just curious because you have A much higher trophies per a day than most people.

Well I've had this account for 13 weeks as opposed to say a couple of years, so its just over a plat a week effectively. I'm sure if you check back in a year (especially after Battlefield and overwatch) that will of dropped a awful lot  :lol:  :lol:

Those games could be very hard or grindy.

Yes:) Battlefield was always my go to multiplayer so I have no doubts about it though..if I don't get the plat no biggie I always loved BF games for the online:) And overwatch is for fun until BF, I'm not sure I'll get the plat tbh but I'll try  :wub:

im trying to keep my profile clean as possible with good platinium success, so so far i have nothing i would be ashamed of. But if i would have to choose it would be probably clearing all Endings of Catherine. Think about it once if some random would come to your house while you play it and its on one of those cheesy moments. Try to explain that  :D

Hmm... My most embarrassing platinum..

Either:

One of my 6 Sound Shapes platinums. (or all of them maybe even lmao)

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

or Ether One

Choose what you'd like, but I'm gonna go with Ether one. I platinumed that game even though it gave me borderline motion sickness.

342564.gif

Don't worry PAL, there's nothing to be embarrassed about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection's

:platinum: 1Sac51cf.png Platinuminary 

A surprisingly uncommon trophy which I recommend to fledgling trophy hunters looking for a gateway platinum to the harder stuff (excuse me while I snort some coke á la Scarface), easily attained especially by exploiting the game's save-state feature while providing a great nostalgic blast from SEGA's heyday past.

Edited by AdventCloud7

The only platinum I am embarrassed of is Sly 2.

Mind you, I'm not embarrassed because it's a bad game or because it's something everyone likes to make fun of, I think most people have respect for the series.

I'm embarrassed because this game seriously kicked my ass. I liked the first one well enough as someone who played quite a lot of Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter back in the day, but the 2nd one just didn't do it for me. So I zoned out of the unskippable cutscenes. Turns out, those cutscenes often tell you exactly how to beat an area. So instead of just following directions I would have to figure out what the game wanted from me, dying or failing a lot in the process. Add to that the fact that the game has an extremely repetitive episodic structure and a really lackluster semi-open world setup where the only activity is trying to run from objective to objective without having to do any combat, and I was ready to rage by the end.

I've platinumed three Uncharted games, Black Ops 1 and MW2 + 3, among other games many people struggle with. The frustration level I felt from any one moment of any one of those games does not compare to how I felt at the end of Sly 2. So that's embarrassing. I very much underestimated it.

The least difficult (by ps3trophies rating) game I've platinumed, yet it is right there with Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (no rewinds trophy=nightmare) at the top of my frustration list for PS3.

• Like 1

342564.gif

Don't worry PAL, there's nothing to be embarrassed about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection's

:platinum: 1Sac51cf.png Platinuminary 

A surprisingly uncommon trophy which I recommend to fledgling trophy hunters looking for a gateway platinum to the harder stuff (excuse me while I snort some coke á la Scarface), easily attained especially by exploiting the game's save-state feature while providing a great nostalgic blast from SEGA's heyday past.

Eh... I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, I'm just embarrassed because honestly, most of those games I played in that collection were pretty bad IMO. :/ Like I had zero enjoyment for Golden Axe, Vectorman, Dr Robotnik's MBM, Altered Beast, Ecco The Dolphin, or half the other games in that list. 

It's embarrassing because I barely even enjoyed the game at all, and I just went on to plat it because I knew it was fast (I think I got the majority of the trophies in one sitting honestly, and the only one that was actually troublesome was Dr. Robotnik's MBM last level because I just used the in game code to skip to final level and I had trouble).

Still, I don't find this anywhere near as bad as Ether One... I wanted to make Dark Souls 3 my 50th plat, and needed a fast plat to do before I bought it, since I was at 48 before Ether One.

Holy shit I regret ever playing Ether One, that game was physically painful to play.

Not sure, I don't really have any platinums I'm embarrassed of. I'm not the kind of person that buys games I have no interest in just because there's an easy platinum, I don't see the point of playing games that I don't have a slither of interest for.

I guess if I had to go with anything, it'd be the Walking Dead platinum, since you literally just have to complete all the episodes in order to obtain it.

I'm somewhat ashamed of my "Persona 4 Dancing All Night" platinum as well. I originally wasn't going to buy the game because I just saw it as being a joke, and I'm not a fan of rhythm games in general. The P4 fan in me though gave in eventually.

I don't really have any that I'm embarrassed about, only plat games that I love.

If I had to pick one, I guess it would be how long it took me to do ffx. When I bought it, I was insanely excited to plat it since I already did all that stuff in the past on ps2 and figured it would be a nice grindy plat for me. When I hit the chocobo race though I hit a wall and just had no motivation to keep going.

I haven't completed it yet, but Skylander's: Spyro's Adventure will be this when I finish it later today. Bought the game cheap to do research on bad games, and what passes for children games in this era. Hate the game, but I feel obligated to finish every game I start, and Skylanders is easy so at least it's not sucking time away.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't have any embarrassing platinums. If someone were to look at my list, they may say Legends of Wrestlemania, my first platinum. However, that was 7 years ago, and I got that platinum when I was 11, yes you heard, 11, (I'm 18 now) and I loved wrestling at the time, so I don't regret it at all. 

I personally don't have any embarrassing platinums. If someone were to look at my list, they may say Legends of Wrestlemania, my first platinum. However, that was 7 years ago, and I got that platinum when I was 11, yes you heard, 11, (I'm 18 now) and I loved wrestling at the time, so I don't regret it at all.

An early plat of mine as well, but I actually enjoyed it. Edited by starcrunch061