How hard is the platinum?

From what I've looked here, only around 30% have finished the actual game but the percentage of platinum owners is not small.

Can't come to a conclusion with this data.

It's a hard or easy platinum to get? Does it envolve much grind or not?

Edited by Jiaho24

The Platinum is very easy to get. Every single trophy is tied to either story progression or side quests. The side quests themselves are very short and don't require much effort. You have certain time frames to complete them, but in the case that you missed it, you can replay a chapter to try again. You can't save in the middle of a chapter when doing this, though. The most time-consuming part will be getting every trading card, as a majority of them are scattered around the map. Some also require you to replay the Other World stages, which can take a bit in itself. Either way, you can knock it out in just a few days, probably even 1-2 days if you marathon it.

Thanks for the info. I don't tend to go on a marathon, usually like to appreaciate and good on my own pace to experience all and explore with freedom.

Edited by Jiaho24

Thanks for the info. I don't tend to go on a marathon, usually like to appreaciate and good on my own pace to experience all and explore with freedom.

Oh, yeah, Deadly Premonition is definitely a game you play to experience. Speeding through it will just detract from it, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I finished the platinum in two weeks and took my time to enjoy the story, did not marathon.  It's very do-able.  You will probably need a guide to finish all the side quests and get all the cards.  One important thing to remember, if you need to be somewhere at, say, 5pm, you can go there any day at 5pm, not just the current day.  So, anytime that the story gives you several hours on your own (it will happen naturally as you progress), feel free to take several days to visit people, go fishing, and/or explore.  

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

A lot of cards on the map are unreachable. Some stupid fence or wall blocking my way... :S

There's only two, actually. And in both occasions you have to complete the race that's marked on the map. Get York's original car 1st though, the police cars are all awful.

I heard this game was extremely easy to get the platinum for. I was watching a friend play it and could not bear to bother playing this for some reason. The gameplay just does not make me want to play this game. 

It does look boring and "ugly", but the story is great! Everything about this game is weird and that's what makes it good (for me anyway), the gameplay is extremely easy and i only died once by falling through the floor when collecting all cards in the main town.  :yay:

You should definitely give it a try since it's an easy (and fast) plat. Just make sure to complete the quest to get York's original car ASAP (given by General Lysander at his scrap yard) and the Nameless Flower quest to unlock Fast Travel, i played the game blind and completed those two side quests pretty late, they would come in handy in some situations... 

• 2 months later...

For everyone who enjoyed the story and characters you should probably check out Twin Peaks

Season 3 has been announced for 2016, hopefully this will "inspire" swery65 for the continuation of deadly premonition

Edited by DDrag00n