What's the game that made you buy the PS3 ?

nagisa-chan1987

Can't say any launch title in particular made me buy one. I just wanted to upgrade and the full backwards compatibility at the time caused me to want to buy it weeks into its lifecycle. My PS2 backlog wasn't nearly as large as my PS3 backlog is now but large enough for that to be a major incentive. I still have fond memories playing through FFXII and DBZ Budokai Teikaienchi games on it...

I was late to the Playstation party. Not out of choice but lack of funds. at the time the 360 was cheaper. but the main reason i wanted it from the start was God of War 3. but the main game that made me go buy one was Last of Us.

Personally, That's Heavy Rain :wub: , my second all time favourite game (after Shenmue :wub: ) that made me buy the PS3

i hear that. I'm still hoping for a miracle to happen and shenmue 3 come out so i can finish the series. :unsure: probably never happen though

• Like 1

For me it wasn't a game that swayed me, it was the Ms attitude.

Don't get me wrong, to this day I favour every 360 exclusive over the PS3 exclusives. But around 2010 the Ms greed attitude really took over. It got to the point where you couldn't turn on the games console without being hammered by commercials on the first screen. As the updates for the dash came, the greed got worse. In the end it started to feel like a commercial box rather than a f**king games console.

Now don't get me wrong, SONY are just as bad... if not worse when it comes to greed. But at least with SONY you tend to feel like its there if you want to buy it, not you have to buy or else.

But these past few days I've really been thinking about all those amazing 360 games, especially the exclusives as well as the multiplatform games which play so badly on PS3 but are some of the best games ever made. So now I just have to think whether I just get one and forget about the dash and just play how I want. Or I stick with the PS3 and feel let down and on the rare occasion play a truly great game.

• Like 1

I was late to the Playstation party. Not out of choice but lack of funds. at the time the 360 was cheaper. but the main reason i wanted it from the start was God of War 3. but the main game that made me go buy one was Last of Us.

i hear that. I'm still hoping for a miracle to happen and shenmue 3 come out so i can finish the series. :unsure: probably never happen though

I agree with you :(

The Last of Us

i hear that. I'm still hoping for a miracle to happen and shenmue 3 come out so i can finish the series.  :unsure: probably never happen though

I'd be satisfied if Sega would release HD remasters of parts 1 and 2. There were rumours a while ago that both games are finished and waiting for release, but nothing ever happened.

Edited by soniq

The overall success of PS since Playstation, Playstation 2, so of course PS3 was going to be my console of choice, I bought mine on Launch day... I had to be outside a Best Buy for 3 days just to get one since it was going to be very limited here in the US, but if i had to pick a game that would have made me jump into PS3 would be Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Such a masterpiece!

I was a PC gamer and I missed all the games from the PlayStation 1, 2, 3 era, which bothered me, because I wanted to know some of the games. When they started releasing the HD trilogies and when I learned about the fact that the PS3 can play PSOne games, I was convinced to buy one (this was almost a year ago). Also, PS3 exclusives like Uncharted, Last of Us, Journey, etc.

These all added up. PS3 was my starting boint, but since I've bought a Vita, and in a year or two, I'm planning to buy a PS4. Frankly, PS games are beyond amazing, it's a whole new world.

• Like 1

When it launched, the only title I had any interest in was Folklore. However, I bought mine three days before Final Fantasy XIII came out so I could get it updated and ready for release day. LittleBIGPlanet was the 2nd title that made me want to buy a PS3 and I picked it up with my PS3, although I didn't start playing it until after I got into FF XIII. No regrets since!