Akumu Mode

SilkyJay86

I died.... wait for it, wait for it.  Ok, suspense is nearing the end......  7 hundred and 10 freaking times.  I've have yet to hear of anyone having this number.

BUT.. I do know that exitting and reloading your checkpoint rather than letting the natural restart after a death will negate those deaths prior.  I literally never did this.  Again tho, it's a little embarressing to know that I was killed 3 qtrs of a thousand times.   :wave:  :facepalm:  :S   If i got through it, anyone can.       :blink:

but go for sure that you didn't give up , i have less deaths  just because i played the game twice after going for akuma , funny part the part i have died most was the chapter 2 xD lol not kidding the stealth section was a bitch 

but go for sure that you didn't give up , i have less deaths  just because i played the game twice after going for akuma , funny part the part i have died most was the chapter 2 xD lol not kidding the stealth section was a bitch 

Oh man, that ch.2 stealth section got the best of me for atleast 40 mintures to be honest too.  I had wondered what I had gotten myself into.  It's a very very interesting mode for sure...  :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I died.... wait for it, wait for it.  Ok, suspense is nearing the end......  7 hundred and 10 freaking times.  I've have yet to hear of anyone having this number.

BUT.. I do know that exitting and reloading your checkpoint rather than letting the natural restart after a death will negate those deaths prior.  I literally never did this.  Again tho, it's a little embarressing to know that I was killed 3 qtrs of a thousand times.   :wave:  :facepalm:  :S   If i got through it, anyone can.       :blink:

That is quite impressive lol not because you died so much, but you actually kept going despite that. That's some serious dedication - I probably would have thrown my ps4 into a wall at that point.

I finally went back and got it finished, thought I should post my stats: 15 hours, 41 minutes, 157 deaths.

• 2 months later...

After 20 hours and 410 deaths my no upgrades Akumu playthrough is done and I think it's very safe to say that I'm never touching this game again. I liked the challenge, it was nice to have to really think about strategy and execution, but what a relief to have it over with. Those green spinning floor traps can burn in hell.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, I've platted numerous doozies... MGS2, MGS4, Dead Space 2, Silent Hill 2, Muramasa Rebirth, Binding of Isaac and many, many more.... So I don't stink at games!

That being said - I died 731 times over 33:44 hours :(

I mostly screwed myself by being OVERLY concerned with ammo conservation. Like, I tried the famous chapter 6 section opening every time with using headshots to kill both initial guys (headshot crits at 30%) and so it took me about 6 hours to do chapter 6... I ended the game with mostly fully loaded lockers at least!

Watching those Seraphim videos has shown me that enemies will drop quite a lot of ammo IF you are low, so excessive ammo conservation is unwise! I probably had about 5 ammo drops from enemies the entire game because I was constantly full of everything. So, that's my tip. When it's tough - use what you got! It's only around chapter 11 onwards that things start to get even remotely tight for ammo...

Edited by wizardskey

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...