Is this a hard platinum ?

BIazkowicz

Mainly because the multiplayer is a huge, boring grind. Servers aren't great, when boosting it you have to re-host the lobby every couple of games to prevent progress loss. Then with the single player, I hear some trophies glitch if you own the digital copy like myself, so when I have finished the multiplayer (in progress currently, slowly), I'll buy a disc copy for single player.

It's more time consuming, than hard.If you have 2 dedicated partners, (or 1 partner with 2 PS3s like I did) you can easily knock off the manuals and most other multiplayer trophies. The only difficult part would be to gather 15 people for the War Party trophy, because not too many people play it. The rehosting every few games is also true, but next to some of the other online grinds/boosts, FC2 is quite managable I'd say.

• Like 1

This is kinda off topic, but with a name like BIazkowicz, I'm quite surprised you don't have the Wolfenstein The New Order platinum, much less the game.

Yeah I love wolfenstein too and I already started with the wolf classic , but for now I want to finish all Farcry games.

thanks guys  for the info. I have to think  -_-

Edited by BIazkowicz

I played it on 360 last gen. It kept glitching on me when I got to the second map of the game, where one character who I needed to speak to wouldn't appear. After my 3rd attempt, I gave up.

I have to say though, that I did like the way the game implemented things like the map. Having your character actually hold the map out in front of you while you explored kept you in the game. They should bring that back for other FC games.

Its not hard its just super time consuming & I mean it

I have that plat so I know what i'm talking about (u can check my profiles in case u doubt it)

It took me months to get it 

Alot of boosting partners gave up & have to find new ones & its booring as hell

If u got LOOOOOOTTTTs of pacience & 2 trusty boosting partners go for it 

if not this plat is not for u

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I spent a view hours to get started on the Soldier of Misfortune trophy, and this is what happened:

Six times I joined a deathmatch. Which has cost me a lot of time waiting for players. Everytime the match started playing, the server crashed. Sometimes in the early stage, sometimes in the last minutes. Anyway, my game statistics are all still on 0! Because I lost my progress every match.

How are you ever going to score the thousands of kills for this trophy if the server doesn't let you make any progress, by failing 6 out of 6 times??

For now I will defenitely give up on this platinum, because I am not crazy Henkie

Goodbye Farcry

Edited by baas-bertus

I was told that if your planning to plat this you need to be fully dedicated and not be interrupted by your outside life, servers has been corrupted, the online is now dead and I heard there is a limit to your own xp

Edited by maurjen

I've been playing this game for some weeks now and in order to get to level 30 you need to get 1.500.000xp and for this you need to do 1000 separate matches because the top score you can get per match is 1500xp.

If 1 match takes around 20 minutes (counting with some delays), you'll need more than 300 hours to get to level 30 playing legitimately, but there's a glitch in the game that will do it for you almost instantly, although I heard that it will make some trophies impossible to get afterwards.

Aside from that you need to do a certain amount of kills in specific ways (headshots, executions, multikills and normal kills) with each weapon to get all the field manuals. It's a huge grind guys...

BTW, if someone wants to join me and grind for kills and the sort, feel free to ask. I'll try to go as far as I can in the MP but I still need at least 1 person for this.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this topic is old but anyway I gonna write. This plat is not hard it is time consuming and that is the difference. Single player was long and I played around 70h like friend here. Multi was longer it took me 100h and just 100h with boosting and with glitch. Do you want to do it without boosting and using glitch? Good luck it will take you around 1000h.

yeah it's not hard..
time consuming..and because of that hard when you don't take breaks from it.

i play with the laptop on..put some music on and just do 6 rounds a day..

1 plus..  i have a dummy account so i can half the time you need because my ''partner'' doesn't need anything.
it takes a lot of patient and time..  i wouldn't do it again if i didn't have a second ps3 and copy thats for sure

Dude, seriously. Fuck this game and pretend like it doesnt even exist. Its a 70-80 online boost regardless of how quick you think you can do it, not to mention the game is horrible to look at along with the servers being shit. Yea dont even waste your time. Youd have a better time playing Far Cry Classic... Im sure. I skipped most of the MP trophies and still hated this game. The campaign is one of the worst Ive played in a long time. Sooooo repetitive and on top of that the fast travel is kinda dumb and when you cant get to a fast travel your vehicle gets stuck on nothing and you hit invisible walls all the time.

Edited by det0xxp