Guide of the Year Awards 2014

Platisfaction

Awesome idea!

382 guides?! I remember just yesterday when there were only one page worth of guides, look how far it's come :) I'm happy to have contributed 7 (Edit: 9) of those guides, and hopefully many more in the future :P.

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 2

PSNProfiles is proud to announce the first annual

Guides of the Year Award!

Guides have been part of this site for some time now and a lot of dedicated users have spent countless hours to help obtain a shiny new platinum. Within around 8 months, 382 guides have been published. That's an average of over 47 guides a month! Cries for a celebration, doesn't it?  We'll be awarding prizes to the best three guides published by 1st December. This gives you another month to create one (or even two or three?) additional guides which will be eligible for this contest.

Here are the rules:

1. Starting on 1st December, the community will be able to nominate guides which are worthy to be considered for the GotY Award. A thread will be created for this purpose. You will be required to give solid reasons for your choice.
  2. The nomination thread will be closed after two weeks. The top ten most nominated guides will be taken into account for the GotY award.
  3. The PSNProfiles staff (Sly, mods and the guide team) will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The total number of nominations is irrelevant for our decision. The guides which get the most nominations is not necessarily going to win - the only thing that counts is guide quality!
  4. Since staff will be deciding the winners, their guides will not be eligible! Co-op guides with staff members will be eligible, the non-staff writer will get the whole prize in this case.
  5. PSNProfiles will provide additional prizes for all guide contributors so long as they contributed a meaningful amount to the guide. We track all edits so this will be checked.

Didn't you mention something about prizes? :holy:

Yup, there are going to be prizes!

1st Place: A PS4 or PS3 or VITA retail game of your choice (regular retail value) - sponsored by nauGie

2nd Place: A PSN card for your region, roughly $25

3rd Place: A PSN card for your region, roughly $10

...and a nice little seal for your guide, telling everyone you won the GotY awards with it! This means almost endless internet fame and glory, so it's worth much more than those silly prizes!

So what are you waiting for? Write a quality guide today and you might win this thing!

What happens if 2 people wrote the guide, would the prize be split in half? :)

I read the first prize to a PS4, PS3 or a PSV so i immediately shat my pants but then i got to the "game" part and my crap slipped back inside my buttcrack, but it's still an awesome prize and when you say any game do you mean pre-orders also?

Edited by ItzzH3lixx
  • Like 3

I read the first prize to a PS4, PS3 or a PSV so i immediately shat my pants but then i got to the "game" part and my crap slipped back inside my buttcrack, but it's still an awesome prize and when you say any game do you mean pre-orders also?

Yeah, why not? As long as it is a normal edition at a normal price. Special/Limited editions are excluded if there is a cheaper 'normal' version of the game. :P