Death Is Scary

HACKERS-RACING

Why fear something you can't escape? Just accept the fact that it will happen to everyone (unless we somehow figure out immortality). Then you can stop worrying about it, and spend your life having fun. That's how I see it, life is too short to worry about things you have no control over.

Even if we figure out immortality, a few billion years from now, our sun would run out of fuel, then die.  This little green planet will cease to exist.  Unless we also somehow figure the secret of interstellar travel, immortality in itself doesn't last either.  Furthermore, all galaxies will eventually die too; so, unless we also figure out the secret of time travel, nothing will last forever.  Of course, time traveling may be fun at first, but who would want to do that forever?

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting/been really scared of death. Especially ( no offense meant to anyone) since im an atheist it just scares me that life goes by. Im 13 but it really does seem like a while back it was christmas two years ago. Death is a harsh truth. What are your thoughts?

Would you rather live forever? Then your live wouldnt have a meaning. Things wouldnt matter. Everyday might be your last B)

Edited by LovesAnInjection

My grandma passed away a couple of years ago. And I and my family was heart broken. She wasn't afraid, she was happy she was spending her last time with us.

IMO, death can be scary. But it depends on how you die. If I would've gotten cancer right now and wouldn't survive. 
I wouldn't be able to marry my girlfriend, create my first own game, visit E3, get my dream job, like.. I wouldn't be able to live my dreams..
And if I am away from friends and family and is about to die. Hell yeah it would be sad to not be able to say goodbye.
But no. I don't think it's scary, I don't really think about death. And neither should you, because you have an entire life in front of you. You're able to live your dreams, make the best of what you got kid, because in the end, wouldn't it be scarier dying, after an whole life of fear, and not accomplished a single dream.. 

A wise man once said
''This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were both babies. Err... what was his name again...?''
Joking, but seriously, play Pokemon, it cheered me up when I was your age!
Or play Ni No Kuni, just play anything that makes you happy! Try to think of something else kiddo! :D

Ouch, some real harsh comments here... well, gotta say I respect the kid for thinking of something so deep at his age, despite the macabre tone.

If it's relevant to the topic, I believe in religion.  The idea of a God and stuff, yeah, I believe it.  Don't even get me started on the church, though.  Jesus Christ.  (No pun intended.)

Death is inevitable, no beating around the bush about it.  It's a point we'll all reach sooner or later - and yeah, that's really scary, something we can't delay or stop.  But life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey.  Live each day to its fullest, appreciate those who matter around you, don't take any shit from anyone and enjoy the journey.  Don't let something like this bog you down; you've got a long life ahead of you.  :)

• Like 2

Ouch, some real harsh comments here... well, gotta say I respect the kid for thinking of something so deep at his age, despite the macabre tone.

If it's relevant to the topic, I believe in religion.  The idea of a God and stuff, yeah, I believe it.  Don't even get me started on the church, though.  Jesus Christ.  (No pun intended.)

Death is inevitable, no beating around the bush about it.  It's a point we'll all reach sooner or later - and yeah, that's really scary, something we can't delay or stop.  But life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey.  Live each day to its fullest, appreciate those who matter around you, don't take any shit from anyone and enjoy the journey.  Don't let something like this bog you down; you've got a long life ahead of you.   :)

^ This is a very good statement. :D

Edited by DanteHellMode98
  • Like 1

Our bodies die, but our energy will go somewhere else. Energy can't 'end' it just moves on and a huge part of what we would call conciousness/who we are can be quantified as a vast amount of bio-electrical energy. So when we die that energy doesn't just stop, it goes somewhere. Whether that 'somewhere' is mundane or another place is the question.

Until we can prove without a doubt what happens next everyone will have their own ideas on the subject. I like to think personally that we do go somewhere else.

To the people that say 'just enjoy life and make the most of it', while the intention is lovely, it doesn't work at all unless you are talking to someone who will live a healthy long life without pain and with the opportunity to enjoy it to the fullest. You wouldn't say that to a kid with terminal cancer, would you? For some people it is impossible to 'enjoy life and make the most of it'.

Or if you're poor and live in a bad area, or even have a bad family. Honsetly, there are plenty of things 'scarier' than death imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Life is a game.

A survival game.

The last one remaining is the new god / goddess.

Just trick the time and do what you need to do.

So the world finally gets a reset.

When you are the new god then, please consider to give us more intelligence,

so that we can go a more peacefull way and research in futuresaving technologies.

But remember, even a god has a limited amount of time and power.

There is no religious crap like revivals or immortality.

BWUAHAHAHAHA! xD

Our bodies die, but our energy will go somewhere else. Energy can't 'end' it just moves on and a huge part of what we would call conciousness/who we are can be quantified as a vast amount of bio-electrical energy. So when we die that energy doesn't just stop, it goes somewhere. Whether that 'somewhere' is mundane or another place is the question.

Until we can prove without a doubt what happens next everyone will have their own ideas on the subject. I like to think personally that we do go somewhere else.

To the people that say 'just enjoy life and make the most of it', while the intention is lovely, it doesn't work at all unless you are talking to someone who will live a healthy long life without pain and with the opportunity to enjoy it to the fullest. You wouldn't say that to a kid with terminal cancer, would you? For some people it is impossible to 'enjoy life and make the most of it'.

Love your view on things, and I couldn't agree more.  I for one want to believe that death isn't just darkness.  Life is such a mystery to us and so is death.  I really really want to believe that life isn't just this life or current state of conscience.  When people say they are a person of science and that is why they believe nothing more exists/no god/ect. I have to disagree.  That's no more acceptable form of truth to me than someone who's preaching the word of the bible.  While I am more towards have some form of faith in my religion, I still find myself being skeptical.

Science is ever evolving and we're probably going to find things out in a few hundred to a thousand years that is laughable to what "scientists" deem cutting edge today.  I find it hard to believe that there's no other possibility of life or another state of living after this journey.  For all we know we've lived before.  As what, or when I have no clue.  

It's really saddening to me to entertain the thought that I will never see the people I love after they die or I do.  I want to hope they aren't simply in darkness.  I want to hold close to me that we will again reunite and somehow be able to share our love and a new life.

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

Death is an unknown, and we fear what we don't know. That's normal. But, it is inevitable, so just enjoy life while you can, live the best life you can, and so when you're about to die, you can look back and say to yourself, "That was fun. All of it. Everything I did. I enjoyed this life, and now it ends".

Just enjoy what you have, while you have it :)

• 4 weeks later...

We can all die at any point so there is no reason to think about it. Just live life to the fullest and don't regret anything you've done.

Exactly! Don't think about it and just enjoy your life! We all follow the same path, we are all born in this world and we will all die someday but for now just enjoy it ^_^

• Like 1

Well everything dies, for all I know this may be the 5th time I've lived. I wouldn't want to live for eternity either, sounds more like hell than anything lol. The concept of death isn't scary to me though, I think it should be appreciated as something good rather than bad. I know sounds a bit messed up, but everyone will die eventually and when that time comes I would embrace it. 

• Like 1