Missable Trophies? possible spoilers

fisty123

After playing a little bit of the story it is starting to shape up that none of the trophies are missable, However I could be wrong and a tad worried about the following;

13S862a24.png Towards the Great Transformation
Take all four paths offered by Simeon.

31S0ce5df.png Volunteer of the Year
Successfully complete every discretionary operation.

40S53fc9c.png For the Greater Good!
Successfully complete 15 special operations.

From what I have found on the internet the four paths might be all connected to the storyline but not sure if one path locks out of not.
Similar with discretionary operations does any of the side / extra operations lock out if you decide to skip it and come back to it later.
I have had one special operation show which was when I was on code 2, it was classed as the hardest rank mission and I failed very quick since then I have not seen another one load

Edited by fisty123

I have already platted the game back in August 2014, and can answer all of your questions.

40S53fc9c.png For the Greater Good!
Successfully complete 15 special operations.

You do not need to worry about this. Special operations pop up randomly, and there's no limit to how many that pop up. Also, as soon as special events start rolling out, you can participate in them infinitely.

13S862a24.png Towards the Great Transformation
Take all four paths offered by Simeon.

From what I gather, this may be a missable trophy, but you would probably need to screw up really badly in order to do so, so I think it's doubtful that you should be worried about this one.

According to this wiki page (WARNING: SPOILERS), you will need to slice off certain amounts of years in order for new Code 8 missions to become available (the first time is 10,000 years), and after completing each one, you can visit Simeon to take another path. After that, you will need to slice off more years for the next Code 8 mission. However, theoretically speaking, if you've already grinded all the way down to zero years (this will probably take you a few months, by the way) before reaching Code 8, there are no more years to slice off, which means that you won't be able to trigger the mission unlocks. Again, I repeat, it is very unlikely for normal people to end up with this problem, you need to be quite the extreme grinder in order to pull this off.

31S0ce5df.png Volunteer of the Year
Successfully complete every discretionary operation.

Similar to the above one. If you're an extreme grinder who somehow slices off 1,000,000 years before finishing Code 7, you won't be able to unlock some Code 8 missions. The likelihood for this to happen for normal people is very low.

I have already platted the game back in August 2014, and can answer all of your questions.

*Snip*

Thank you for the response, great info to have as my Japanese is quite poor (slowly learning) so when reading the sites along with a weak google translate you seem to miss these types of things.

My only other question would be around optional operations for each code which appear after the code exam on the list. I am struggling on one in code 6 that I said nope had enough and went and started watching Psycho Pass (finally), If I was to skip this optional mission and do the code exam for that level do missions not passed still remain open or do they lock out.

Accessory missions do count, I used them for the trophy on the Japanese version.

Well this is some good news I have had mine taken around 8 times now while trying to do the optional missions in code 6

My only other question would be around optional operations for each code which appear after the code exam on the list. I am struggling on one in code 6 that I said nope had enough and went and started watching Psycho Pass (finally), If I was to skip this optional mission and do the code exam for that level do missions not passed still remain open or do they lock out.

Optional Ops do Remain in the List forever Regardless of your CODE Level, I Skipped the CODE 6 Optionals for the same reason

You do not need to worry about this. Special operations pop up randomly, and there's no limit to how many that pop up. Also, as soon as special events start rolling out, you can participate in them infinitely.

From what I gather, this may be a missable trophy, but you would probably need to screw up really badly in order to do so, so I think it's doubtful that you should be worried about this one.

According to this wiki page (WARNING: SPOILERS), you will need to slice off certain amounts of years in order for new Code 8 missions to become available (the first time is 10,000 years), and after completing each one, you can visit Simeon to take another path. After that, you will need to slice off more years for the next Code 8 mission. However, theoretically speaking, if you've already grinded all the way down to zero years (this will probably take you a few months, by the way) before reaching Code 8, there are no more years to slice off, which means that you won't be able to trigger the mission unlocks. Again, I repeat, it is very unlikely for normal people to end up with this problem, you need to be quite the extreme grinder in order to pull this off.

Similar to the above one. If you're an extreme grinder who somehow slices off 1,000,000 years before finishing Code 7, you won't be able to unlock some Code 8 missions. The likelihood for this to happen for normal people is very low.

So... actually... we shouldn't be grinding much in this game before Code 8? :D

That's something new :D

So, basically, these one are missable, but it's rately hard to miss because you need a very lond grind to slice off 1000000 years, right?

Edited by FlareZero

And it's not like you really need to reduce sentence to 0 in terms of trophies =D

But... is there a special scenario/event/ending you get for being free?

Swimsuit costumes, decals, colour palettes, customisation attachments, and 26 middle names (I think they're called "nicknames" in the English version? I don't have the western version, I only know what these things are called in Japanese).

Oh, and Propa-kun trolls you a little bit. No spoilers, but you can probably look up the scene on Youtube if you really want to know.

Edited by b3nl15qu4r3

wow, how'd you do that?

I've been playing for about a week and just passed 900.000 years :D

That would be telling lol

Seriously though, consider the contribution and contribution + augments. The 2 together give you an extra 75% on whatever the reward for the mission is. So a retribution would give you 17,500 instead of just 10k.

• 9 months later...