PS4 turns on then off again.

CrisisTheory

My PS4 is a little under a month old. And up until this morning was working absolutely fine, even after the update (which I read has caused a lot of problems). However, this morning I go to turn it on and noticed that after a few seconds it would turn itself off again. I've read a few posts on the internet and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue.

After trying out different approaches such as different HDMI and power cables, as well as safe mode and database repairs, nothing seemed to be working. I hate to say it, but I gave the PS4 a couple of bashes to the underside (not too hard, but quite firm), mainly out of frustration, and all of a sudden it burst back into life and started to work again. Could it be the solution or just coincidence?

I'm glad the PS4 is working again, but now I'm nervous that this will happen again. Has anyone here had this problem?

Edited by CrisisTheory

this happened to me too after putting the console in rest mode the orange light was blinking so i had to pull the plug after that my ps4 shuts off randomly twice once 1 hour in and then 2 mins in

then sfter 1 hour , i booted it in safe mode and rebuilt the database . while it was off i too gave it afew taps on its inferior surface and wolah it being working like a charm now

i think its definately the rest mode at fault here. i will be avoiding the rest mode altogether now

Well, I don't remember putting it in rest mode, so I'm not sure if that was the initial problem. But maybe I did and just didn't realise, I don't know.

Anyway, it seems to be working fine now, but I do regret giving it a bit of a bash with the palm of my hand. I'm not even sure if that helped or not, even though it appeared to fix it. Maybe I should have just waited a bit longer to see if the problem fixed itself.

It's the only problem I've had with my PS4 since I bought it.

I had the same problem but after looking around online I read something about holding the ps4 upright and giving it a couple good smacks on the side. Which sounded ridiculous but at that point in time i was gonna try anything and apparently it worked and hasnt shut off yet. Might be some kinda problem with the way the power supply is alligned.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I played GTAV and after 5 hours for no reasons my PS4 turned himselfs off, my PS4 is just 7 months old. It wasn't overheating, but first time I turned it on it didn't worked but then again and It turned on "no safe mode" I was in the PS4 menu. After that it never turned himself off again. But that all happened after I used the Standby mode. That happened twice now. Should I be worried now? :( I guess if something like that happens guys its the power supply might be about to get broke or its because the standby mode. Now My PS4 is working fine but i'm still worry.

• 5 months later...