Ask anything about getting the Platinum trophy and I shall answer

aleckkeramp

I've gotten the Platinum trophy for this game 3 times and I'm willing to give any tips if anyone asks.

It's funny how the Festival of Pain is the 2nd rarest normal trophy even though it can be obtained pretty early with a good setup and maxed out equipment. All it asks for is having a total of 9,999,999,999 damage dealt throughout an entire battle. I usually just use Special Skills (it doesn't have to be an AOE)  powered up at level 999 in a battle with lots of enemies in Castor Ruins. If you can deal 1,111,111,111 damage on 9 enemies, you get this trophy.

For Intergalactic Chou-Chou, you just need 500,000,000 G-Castle HP and SP average to get this trophy so what you need is "quality" Shampurus and not quantity.

1.) "Peon Rebellion" in the first Ultimate Absurdity World can give 75 (150 with Shampuru ticket bonuses) of all Tier 15s. Getting 9999 of this will probably earn about 200M HP/SP average.

2.) Getting 9999 Happy and R. Shampuru should earn about 230M HP/SP average. I prefer doing some True Ending speedruns since they can earn about 2000k Happy/R. Shampurus an hour using the Bonus C. Effect and Shampuru ticket bonuses.

3.) You can either do some max bet in the Mugen Field on Carnage Route or "Vorgis Returns" in the Mugen World Redux  to get some Tier 14 Shampurus until the trophy pops.

Those are the two hardest Mugen Souls Z trophies on PSN profiles and they seem pretty easy to get but the rest of the trophies are even easier. If anyone wants to go for a Platinum, feel free to ask anything, even if it's clarification something already mentioned.

• Like 1

@Dragon-Archon Nothing's stopping me really, the idea just recently came to my mind and I don't understand how the tip guide works so I made this thread as temporary means to give tips to other people who want a platinum for this game until I learn more about making guides. This is my first post on PSN Profiles. Thanks for the link Archon, that's good motivation.

Edit: Okay, what's stopping me now is that I can't create a guide for this game. I get a "Failed to create guide" error.

Edited by aleckkeramp

@Dragon-Archon Nothing's stopping me really, the idea just recently came to my mind and I don't understand how the tip guide works so I made this thread as temporary means to give tips to other people who want a platinum for this game until I learn more about making guides. This is my first post on PSN Profiles. Thanks for the link Archon, that's good motivation.

Edit: Okay, what's stopping me now is that I can't create a guide for this game. I get a "Failed to create guide" error.

You can't post any trophy tips anymore. That has been replaced by the guides. 

How did you get that error? Did you go to the trophy list and click on the green 'Create a trophy or gameplay guide' button?

Also take a look here to learn about creating guides: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1-PSNProfiles-Writing-a-Guide

You can't post any trophy tips anymore. That has been replaced by the guides. 

How did you get that error? Did you go to the trophy list and click on the green 'Create a trophy or gameplay guide' button?

Also take a look here to learn about creating guides: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1-PSNProfiles-Writing-a-Guide

Yep, I was trying to create a tip and the only button available for me was "Gameplay Guide". Not sure why that is though, maybe I have bad Internet.

Now this is the kind of page I'm looking for, I'll go give it a read.

Yep, I was trying to create a tip and the only button available for me was "Gameplay Guide". Not sure why that is though, maybe I have bad Internet.

Now this is the kind of page I'm looking for, I'll go give it a read.

That's weird. Gameplay guides are for things like collectables guides or boss strategies. If you want to write a guide on how to get the platinum trophy, you need to select a "Trophy Guide". If that's not available, contact someone from the guide team (they are listed at the bottom in the link above). Hopes this helps :).

Since you're also new to this site, take a look at these threads for some info:

That's weird. Gameplay guides are for things like collectables guides or boss strategies. If you want to write a guide on how to get the platinum trophy, you need to select a "Trophy Guide". If that's not available, contact someone from the guide team (they are listed at the bottom in the link above). Hopes this helps :).

Since you're also new to this site, take a look at these threads for some info:

Trophy guide is definitely what I was planning to do but a gameplay guide will work as well. I can create a guide now but I only see "gameplay" guide still. I'll probably contact them if it doesn't work tomorrow but I think writing a trophy guide would be much easier than a gameplay guide.

Had a good read at the trophy guide, seems self explanatory. Also finished reading the rules and understand them.

Anyways, anyone is still welcome to ask questions about any trophies they are stuck on.

Edit: I got the trophy guide to show up now. I think it's because I created an unpublished trophy guide earlier as a test but then I saw it after I checked GUIDES >>>> MY GUIDES.

Edited by aleckkeramp
  • Like 1

Trophy guide is definitely what I was planning to do but a gameplay guide will work as well. I can create a guide now but I only see "gameplay" guide still. I'll probably contact them if it doesn't work tomorrow but I think writing a trophy guide would be much easier than a gameplay guide.

Had a good read at the trophy guide, seems self explanatory. Also finished reading the rules and understand them.

Anyways, anyone is still welcome to ask questions about any trophies they are stuck on.

Edit: I got the trophy guide to show up now. I think it's because I created an unpublished trophy guide earlier as a test but then I saw it after I checked GUIDES >>>> MY GUIDES.

Awesome, good luck with the guide and have fun at this site.

• 1 month later...

Hi aleck, this is Aikia.

I think i'll be playing mugen soul z again, this time the english version, im still waiting to play it,  ill definetly do the speed runs this time instead of farming the dlc bosses in the challenge areas for those renegades.

Just gotta remember where the three 50 exp boots came from, i think those were the only matters really worth finding, not 100% sure, ill load up my game on the jap version to remember what i had, where to get them that i dont  remember xD

Edited by Lilth

Hi aleck, this is Aikia.

I think i'll be playing mugen soul z again, this time the english version, im still waiting to play it,  ill definetly do the speed runs this time instead of farming the dlc bosses in the challenge areas for those renegades.

Just gotta remember where the three 50 exp boots came from, i think those were the only matters really worth finding, not 100% sure, ill load up my game on the jap version to remember what i had, where to get them that i dont  remember xD

Hello, I might have the answer to this question. The 3 Conditional Skills for EXP are:

1.) Full time Brawler from Tier 1 Male Fighter class "Brawler" at level 50

2.) Experience from Tier 1 Female Tier 1 Summoner class "Novice Necromancer" at level 100

3.) Fortune Festival from Tier 3 Female Spiritualist class "Crimson Fortune Teller" at level 250

Note that you'll have to unlock the Summoner and Spiritualist class with Silver Tickets at the Mugen Shop and then buy them in the Mugen Field. You can't get the Crimson Fortune Teller until after getting the True Ending on the floor 60 dev center.

Don't forget about getting the Gained EXP Up Matter as well, it can grant an extra 150% bonus and it stacks with everything. You can make a Gained EXP Up+3 Matter from "Iron Vests" from components found in the "World of Awakening".

Edited by aleckkeramp

• 3 weeks later...

Question: What is the major difference with regards to getting the platinum time-wise and with the amount of farming? Because I have both games, and the first one is a bitch to do. I haven't opened Mugen Souls Z as of yet and I don't plan on doing so in a very long time, but are the amount of Shampurus needed for any of the trophies, or is the game a lot more merciful than its predecessor?

Question: What is the major difference with regards to getting the platinum time-wise and with the amount of farming? Because I have both games, and the first one is a bitch to do. I haven't opened Mugen Souls Z as of yet and I don't plan on doing so in a very long time, but are the amount of Shampurus needed for any of the trophies, or is the game a lot more merciful than its predecessor?

The first time I played Mugen Souls Z it took me 100 hours using DLC without even trying, 2nd time took around 80 without any DLC and trying, this time I've managed to get a Platinum with 40 hour play time rushing and probably spent about an hour doing resets.

Mugen Souls Z is a lot more merciful than its predecessor, I've already given tips on how to get the trophy on my first post here. Mugen Souls Z doesn't really ask for a certain amount of Shampuru, it only asks for high amounts of quality Shampuru farmed for your G-Castle and I've gotten as little as 223k Shampuru for the grind Trophy.The Intergalactic sized Chou-Chou is the only grinding trophy and that mainly deals with getting your G-Castle to 500 million HP/SP which should take less than 8 extra hours to get compared to what the first Mugen Souls asked for.

I still haven't platinumed the first game since it requires you to get 9999 of all types of Shampurus, which can be annoying because some of the Shampurus you earn over there give like 9 Shampurus at the maximum. The Shampuru cap is only 9999 in the first Mugen Souls so there's so many Shampurus wasted, you might've farmed about 2 times the needed about because of the cap.

No questions just wanted to tell you how awesome that is, mugen soul has a kick ass platinium!

That cool, I'm still working on this guide. Hopefully I'll get it done after New Years and Lightning is awesome!

@aleckkeramp yeah it sucks and I keep on replaying the 7 World Redux mission Boss Returns where at most times I have like a 50% chance to peon all of the enemies and they give me anywhere from 300-600 of either the Tier 13 or Tier 14 Shampuru, but even then I hate it so much to the point where I already have about 4-5 games ready to be platinumed. I am attempting to make Mugen Souls my 100th platinum (which I now feel like I regret doing so).

Edited by GarciaFever

@aleckkeramp yeah it sucks and I keep on replaying the 7 World Redux mission Boss Returns where at most times I have like a 50% chance to peon all of the enemies and they give me anywhere from 300-600 of either the Tier 13 or Tier 14 Shampuru, but even then I hate it so much to the point where I already have about 4-5 games ready to be platinumed. I am attempting to make Mugen Souls my 100th platinum (which I now feel like I regret doing so).

The strange thing is that the first Mugen Souls had higher quantities of easier trophies compared to Mugen Souls Z because that game has trophies that is based on skill (how well you can take advantage of the game and know about the game).

Honestly, I think you can platinum Mugen Souls Z from scratch quicker than getting a platinum for the original Mugen Souls with a progress of 900k Shampurus. Despite what people say about Mugen Souls Z not looking different, there is a significant difference when playing. There are faster loading times, menu responses, no lag, ability to run ultra fast, using R2 to skip full events and skip fever time animations, and you can even save in the Mugen Field and there is a "Retire" option to exit places like the 7 World Redux (and the Mugen Field) at anytime incase you cause a Frenzy which makes getting the platinum there more fun with more progress.

It actually does work the way you mentioned for Mugen Field and Challenge World battles where it'll just take you back to the G-Castle. Retiring in special battles like the 7 World Redux is more like Give Up and takes you back to the title screen but it's still faster than suiciding or resetting the game. Luckily you will never need to do multi-part battles for grinding in Mugen Souls Z, just one very easy battle that gives all Tier 15 Shampuru.

In Mugen Souls Z, there's more places than just 7 World Redux battles, there's also the "Challenge World", "Mugen World Redux", and "Ultimate Insanity World" to get more variety and completing them will even give trophies this time.

• 3 years later...

@aleckkeramp Thank you for providing the possibility to ask some questions. I just realized I was looking at the guide for Mugen Souls and there are none for Mugen Souls Z.

I'd be really happy about a Guide by you that could minimize the amoutn of grinding that I'll have to do xD

Edited by NanaCheese94

10 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Can you say if there's a big difference between Mugen Souls and the Z Edition trophy wise? I couldn't find a written guide for Z so far, so i take the info of difficulty and estimated time from the normal version but i see the trophy list is not identical.

If you've played the original, the sequel will seem disturbingly familiar, even though MSZ introduces a whole bunch of new characters, changes a lot of the terminology, and doesn't really reference the first game all that much:  I felt that I was playing through almost the exact same story/plot with different characters acting out many of the roles.  That being said, some of the grindy-est trophies from the original title aren't nearly as tedious and time-consuming in MSZ.

In particular, the trophy for the "Ultimate Chou-Chou sized Ultimate Soul" In MSZ isn't nearly as nauseatingly exhaustive as the "100% charm" trophy from the original.

1 hour ago, Van-Helsings said:

what is the difficulty, (out of 10) and length for the platinum?

My opinion?  It's a 3/10 or 4/10, but one that requires a fair amount of grinding doing repetitive things that can quickly get tedious.  But I also hold the opinion that "grindy" or "tedious" or "time consuming" is not "difficult".  If you do believe that they are synonymous, that number is going to be bumped up accordingly.

The original was a ~500 hour pletinum.  The sequel can be done in something like 1/4 or 1/3 of that timeframe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acasser said:

My opinion?  It's a 3/10 or 4/10, but one that requires a fair amount of grinding doing repetitive things that can quickly get tedious.  But I also hold the opinion that "grindy" or "tedious" or "time consuming" is not "difficult".  If you do believe that they are synonymous, that number is going to be bumped up accordingly.

The original was a ~500 hour pletinum.  The sequel can be done in something like 1/4 or 1/3 of that timeframe.

Thx for the reply. No i don't mix difficulty with grinding. So a 4/10 with 150 hours is a good guess from your point of view? Wow. That's way better than the original (which as 8 on pst.org and up to 600 hours)

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for the reply. No i don't mix difficulty with grinding. So a 4/10 with 150 hours is a good guess from your point of view? Wow. That's way better than the original (which as 8 on pst.org and up to 600 hours)

In my opinion, the original isn't more than a 3/10 or 4/10, either.  No offense to that other website, whose guides are usually pretty good and whose guides I've used to help me along to many other platinums, but I feel that they like to bump up their difficulty ratings several notches for grindy platinums.

MSZ is 3.5/10 with something like 150 hours of necessary work, although I'm trying to recall that timeframe from memory and not from having checked my saved game file.  The original Mugen Souls is 3.5/10 with something like 500-600 hours of necessary work, although once again I haven't confirmed that figure from my saved game file.

They aren't hard games, but the "postgame" in both is tedious and repetitive and very time-consuming.