Randomly ejecting things that aren't there...

Pinkie-Pie

So this morning I go to turn on the ps4 only to see that watchdogs has been ejected "ok, maybe Stu (the husband) ejected it and forgot to put it in the box" unlikely but ya never know. Carry on as normal and try the Evolve alpha (buggered up on matches atm) seeing as I got no where I close it to try Netflix, suddenly it starts doing the "you are trying to eject a disk that isn't there" noise, and carries on doing it ever 30(ish) seconds. Turn it off, thinking that'd help, but it carries on after i've turned it off! Had to take the plug out to stop the blooming noise finally!

So my thing is, what do I do now, is there a problem with my ps4 or is it to do with the 2.0 update? Do i leave it unplugged or can I plug it back in and it all be hunky dory? We can't afford a new ps4 so I'm really hoping there isn't a major problem with it! Can any of you lovely folks help out a mildly freaked out psner?!

Also apologies if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to lock and tell me where to put this!

Edited by Pinkie-Pie

My PS4 does this and it seems to be a problem with the eject button protruding from underneath the console (you can actually eject a disk from underneath, it will be pushing against the shelf you have it), I have put 2 pieces of cardboard under the two front corners and it hasn't done it since. Thankfully this helped for me as i was going to ring sony.

Edited by shelby900

More PS4 issues? Wow, they definitely didnt do enough trials before releasing it.

Sometimes you can't get a result in a lab that a couple people out of a million will...

I haven't seen anything critically damaging to the PS4 brand yet. And the issues I have read about have been dealt with promptly.

• Like 1