Servers?

Does anyone know how much longer the multiplayer servers have left? For the last few days I've been unable to access the multiplayer at all and my initial thought is that the servers are going/gone. 

Don´t bother with this game. The servers are terrible and extremely glitchy.

Already about half way through, and yeah I know all about the servers, they are probably the worst I have come across.

the same happen to me , but I try today and it works and 15 minutes later was gone again . I am sad about this cause I really want to plat this game .

I haven't been able to get on for the last few days, the messages I get include "Far Cry 2 servers are unavailable", "your account has been disconnected from the Far Cry 2 servers", now I know how bad the servers are, but it's never been this bad.

it keeps telling me , unable to retrieve your personal ranked statistics. you will be unable to participate in any ranked matches .

Yep, I get that also, not sure whether it's implying the servers are going, or that there's something wrong with them... No clue.

I get the same message. There are many people on PST.org that have had the game since launch and this thing happens all the time. It'll fix itself soon so sit tight :)

Is that how bad the servers are?  :unsure:

maybe the NAT , well I don't know .

Not sure, as long as they are back up long enough for people who want to get the multiplayer trophies it's alright, I guess.

I am in right now,  but is not players there ,  so I can't play it  :giggle: failed to find any suitable matches

Hmm, seems I am too, I wonder how long it'll be before it's down for days again. 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I hope the servers haven't been shut down. I got the Far Cry Wild Expedition a few months ago and still haven't started Far Cry 2 but hope to do so in the near future. Looks like some people are still able to access the online though so it's probably ok.

The servers for this game have always been terrible and are prone to bouts of downtime that can last for days or even weeks, thus all you can do is keep trying each day until you eventually get in.

Side note: Considering the age of this game, it wouldn't surprise me if the servers did get shutdown sometime in the near future as it can't be cheap to keep them going when almost no-one plays this game anymore.

I have been boosting this game with a friend 1 day every week for the last couple of months. The servers are sometimes glitchy but not too bad honestly. In the past there also has been an issue with the servers going offline for a few days, but a permanent closure has not been announced. Good luck!