Difficulty compared to UMVC3

Dark_Tooth69

I've been watching a lot of high level play for SF4 for a while now. I never decided to get into it because I usually like getting a fighting game when it first comes out to grow with the game and the community. But right now I find myself not having a Fighting game to play; I'm looking for one I can sink my teeth into until Mortal Kombat X comes out. My question is, how hard is this to Plat in comparison to UMVC3? I did 90% of the missions with no issue but some of them had me struggling and seeking advice from my older brother lol. With that in mind is SSF4 something I could Plat (and 100%) before Mortal Kombat X is out?

Edited by Dark_Tooth69

yeah the street fighters usually have some grindy trophies...

like the "from C to shining C" trophy for SSF4, you have to rank up each character twice

(35 characters i think, not sure if includes the 4 new ones that came with Arcade Edition?)

something maybe worth mentioning is that SF4, SSF4 and USF4 cannot play against each other

(super and ultra share the trophy list though, i think)

and besides ultra the communities are considerably less active

a game similar to UMVC3 i feel is blazblue - similar pace, movement options and chain systems

the challenges could also be tough because they are mostly links with some precise timing

and the special move motions will definitely give your fingers/wrists a workout - like canceling a HCB move with a QCF QCF super/ultra

plat before MKX - well if it was me, MKX would have to hold back release for me for quite some time

happy hunting

• Like 1

It is not as bad as you may be thinking. The trials are not too bad since there's a lot of guides out there. Since you plat UMvC3 I have no doubt that you can 100% SSF4. In my opinion UMvC3 is much easier, but you have the skills to get it done. I recommend you start playing asap. A very fun game you cannot pass up. I remember some of my friends had issues with some of the trials, but I motivated them and helped them to get it done. If you ever need more advice on the trials just ask me, but I doubt it since you are no stranger to combos and kornstew's youtube guides were more helpful than vespers. Although vespers guide are still awesome. Good luck.

• Like 1

No.........  SSF4 is an easier game to pick up and play.  There aren't as many factors you have to worry about in SSF4, compared to Ultimate Trash 3.

LOL. Still the king of Ultra Super Scrub Fighters 4 huh? (I kid) :)

I have to agree with Grimy but I think he forget to mention the trials which will need a lot of work going in. The Akuma and Gouken trophies are decent, the only boosting one is probably the team player trophy and maybe getting all the medals. 

Edited by ZeroXOF

It is not as bad as you may be thinking. The trials are not too bad since there's a lot of guides out there. Since you plat UMvC3 I have no doubt that you can 100% SSF4. In my opinion UMvC3 is much easier, but you have the skills to get it done. I recommend you start playing asap. A very fun game you cannot pass up. I remember some of my friends had issues with some of the trials, but I motivated them and helped them to get it done. If you ever need more advice on the trials just ask me, but I doubt it since you are no stranger to combos and kornstew's youtube guides were more helpful than vespers. Although vespers guide are still awesome. Good luck.

Appreciate the advice. I'll probably pick it up sometime next month since I'll have more time to play. I'll hit you up if I get stuck at any point, thanks.