GTAV first person view confirmed.

MrManBuz

Just seen this in my sub box. I had no intention of buying V again for PS4 but now...I think I might, I've always wanted to drive with a cockpit view. GTAV in first person makes it look like a completely different experience.

Edited by MrManBuz
  • Like 4

Yeah, I was already excited for it as it was already announced that you could play through the game in first-person mode, but I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it. But goddamn... in first-person mode, the game looks like a totally new and different game! Now I definitely won't mind playing through the single-player and 100% completing it again with the new features that Rockstar are adding to it. I guess this is the game that they probably wanted everyone to play since the beginning.

Edited by jack21_98

So this is why the San Andreas HD port was so shitty, they were working on this. I was already going to buy GTA V again on PS4 but this just makes it even sweeter. Can't wait to play this great game again, but I'll be able to have a completely different experience this time. 

Parker

just epic i like FPS games most and this with gta in fps view, im guns blazing , going to be amazing!!!  :yay: ..will the multiplayer be played in FPS too?

Yes

Introducing the all-new First Person Mode for Grand Theft Auto V.

First Person Mode gives players the chance to explore the world of Los Santos and Blaine County directly through the eyes of their character, revealing all the world's glorious details in an entirely new way. 

Available in both GTAV and GTA Online, Rockstar has made a host of changes to accommodate this new perspective, including the creation of an optional first person cover system, a new targeting system, a more traditional FPS control scheme, and integrating thousands of new animations into the existing game. It's also available at the touch of a button so you can easily switch back and forth between perspectives.

Alongside the new First Person mode, Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4 features hundreds of additions and enhancements including 1080p resolution at 30FPS.

• Like 1

I was thinking the exact same thing, but this sold it for me   :D it looks like a completely different game. I will totally go through the story again to see how it plays.

It will feel so different but I think I'll like it!

This does look really cool especially for the story mode. I just always feel like 3rd person is a lot easier and that 1st person in a game like this puts you at a disadvantage (mainly in online MP). It just makes it easier to look around freely. It would be hard to fly a jet or helicopter and not be able to turn your neck and look to see if there is a mountain or building on either side of you before you make a turn. Maybe they could do a 1st person only MP lobby or something.

This does look really cool especially for the story mode. I just always feel like 3rd person is a lot easier and that 1st person in a game like this puts you at a disadvantage (mainly in online MP). It just makes it easier to look around freely. It would be hard to fly a jet or helicopter and not be able to turn your neck and look to see if there is a mountain or building on either side of you before you make a turn. Maybe they could do a 1st person only MP lobby or something.

It says that you can switch between FP and 3rdP view "at the touch of a button so you can easily switch back and forth between perspectives." So I doubt we'll see anything like a FPV only mode etc.

Edited by MrManBuz
  • Like 1

Wow this looks very well done. I have mixed feelings toward this whole thing though, on the one hands it's clear a lot of effort has gone into this re-release in comparison to the majority of them but on the other hand I'm starting to feel a bit short-changed on my purchase of the original especially considering to even get everything out of this version you had to have bought the original in the first place. As cool as it looks I'd have to wait for the price to drop significantly before I'd buy again.

Well this would definitely be the version of GTA5 to play but I can't really see there being anything that would actually entice me to buy it and play it a second time. Loved the game, maybe if the plat didn't require like 40 hours of going around getting collectibles I would actually consider it, but man, eff those collectibles.