Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM

How can I delete incomplete game updates?

3 posts in this topic

I know where game patches/updates are usually stored on the PS3 and how to delete them, but yesterday I tried to update Sniper Elite 3 and right near the end I got an error message, tried again multiple times and the same thing happens (it's not happening at the same time or percentage so I don't think it's a problem with the actual file, probably just my internet connection). However I now have 3GB less space than when I started because unlike when downloading whole games in the background, it doesn't remember where it got to and pick it up from there but starts all over again. I tried going to the updates section to delete it but it isn't there. So, does anyone know where the downloads are kept before they're completed and how I can delete them to get the space back without having to completely clear everything else by doing a factory restore? (Redownloading EVERYTHING would take forever) 

go to game data and look for the update.it's not a save but it's a game related file so it should be there

Updates are usually stored under the "Game Data" folder, delete it and start the download again. 

That being said, I don't think the console installs or saves unfinished patches on your hard drive, and if it does, it should replace them after you donwload the patch completely.