FALLOUT: SHADOW OF BOSTON

kidhero99

Well, cats out of the bag. I'm sure Bethesda will be releasing a Teaser any minute now. I highly doubt they want their thunder stolen by a NeoGaf user.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fallout-4-shadow-boston-trademarked-by-bethesda-1473275

Unless they debunk the whole thing, like they've done with everything else so far.

Still, great to FINALLY hear something legit (apparently) about the next Fallout game. I wonder if it's going to be multi-gen (which seems to be the trend at the moment) or PS4 & X-1 only. If it is current gen only I finally have a legit reason to get the PS4 I've been stalling to buy. (I had hoped to wait for the next model to be released ...... but Fallout is Fallout!)

EDIT:

*Sigh* Looks like another hoax. Thanx Bethesda for bursting yet another bubble. *deeper sigh* Oh well, at least I give Bethseda credit for being able to keep a tight lid on all of its active projects. But I really do hope they announce something legit soon.

Edited by Holocat_Zer0

Guys i read that this is a hoax. It's fake. I've seen some youtube video talking about this like 9 months ago. I also believe it is in facto not real, don't get high hopes on this one. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but this is too good of  game to be expecting an ilusion.

Edited by bolota123

I coukd never get in to Fallout, it frustrated me that an open world game had no sprint button.

That is a very small problem. And if you play on PC you can just install mods that will let you sprint. Fallout is one of my favorite franchises period. I have beaten f3 and NW several times on harder difficulties and never got bored. There is just so much to do. Like every bethesda game. Very great games ! 

That is a very small problem. And if you play on PC you can just install mods that will let you sprint. Fallout is one of my favorite franchises period. I have beaten f3 and NW several times on harder difficulties and never got bored. There is just so much to do. Like every bethesda game. Very great games !

Bethesda do publish great games, Skyrim is my all time favourite game, I know its a small problem but from what I have read Fallout has a lot of small problems, im not downing it, I just couldnt get in to it, id definitely give it another shot though.

Bethesda do publish great games, Skyrim is my all time favourite game, I know its a small problem but from what I have read Fallout has a lot of small problems, im not downing it, I just couldnt get in to it, id definitely give it another shot though.

In matter of fact i finished new vegas again on ps3 yesterday and didn't experience a single bug. The game crashed a few times though. Now that the game is pretty old and they patched almost all bugs you should be fine.

I find it hard to believe that you're as old as I am and that's your all time favorite game.

what? Am I supposed to be all nostalgic and say my favourite is some sort of pixelated 90's game? Lol Skyrim is by far the best game I have ever played, hands down nothing has even been close to it for me.

In matter of fact i finished new vegas again on ps3 yesterday and didn't experience a single bug. The game crashed a few times though. Now that the game is pretty old and they patched almost all bugs you should be fine.

might have to pick it up again soon, I sort of regret trading it before actually giving it a few sessions.

i really love the V.A.T.S combat system from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I hope it returns but hopefully the non VATS gunplay feels more responsive. :)

Good comment. I like the V.A.T.S system too but when not using it, the gun fights didn't feel very fluid.

Dang got my hopes up for some real Fallout news. Maybe next time...

• Like 1

What im saying is, why does my age make a difference to the game I consider the best of all time? Also dont you have anything better to do then disput my choice of video game, atleast provide a valid point. Skyrim is 50x the game compared to any title a Japanese studio has produced, you pretty much cant compare Skyrim to any other game it is that damn broken  :)

Japanese,French,Russian and even Swiss Studios have produced some the most influential games of all time so much they've been brought to other mediums like film, nobody cared about Skyrim after a year, hell even after a month people were saying Oblivion was better. 

Last year it was Naughty Dog's The Last of Us and it still is for some odd reason and the next year will be some other game.

Next you'll probably say Mass Effect is the best Sci-fi themed game series of all time.

1. What ganes are that influential from those nations? I have nothing against these studios im just not familiar with them, Pokemon and Final Fantasy come to mind but thats it for me.

2. I dont care for the opinion of the masses, the game is my favourite because I enjoyed it the most above all others I have played.

3. Yes I also highly rate Mass Effect and it likely is the best Sci-Fi game of all time, a lot of video game magazines and websites seem to agree on that also

Just wanted to point out that hypocrisy.

As for Fallout, I'll only be excited if it really looks amazing. I've played Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, and judging from those, I would not get excited for another open world Bethesda game. The ones I've played have been big, but empty. Boring, repetive combat and missions. The worlds are pretty bland too. Bethesda is going to have to do a lot to make me buy Fallout again.

Edited by PREDRAG-K

You must be high mate. I'd rather play dead space drunk than the Mass Effect trilogy. Best Sci-fi game? Hyperdimenson Neptunia!

lol I actually have been smoking, Mass Effect has like a 9 on almost every video game review ive seen, these are just my opinions though. Ive never even heard of Hyperspace Neptunia.

Just wanted to point out that hypocrisy.

As for Fallout, I'll only be excited if it really looks amazing. I've played Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, and judging from those, I would not get excited for another open world Bethesda game. The ones I've played have been big, but empty. Boring, repetive combat and missions. The wolrds are pretty blame too. Bethesda is going to have to do a lot to make me buy Fallout again.

If you read the post I was replying to its actualy not hypocritical. You call Skyrim empty? Lol it has over 100 dungeons/caves to explore but if thats empty to you then fair enough lol.

Squidgirl said after a year.

Those reviews defo weren't made after a year.

what does a year have to do with it? The reviews are positive not negative lol. Just because you hate a game does not mean others have to agree with you.

You call Skyrim empty? Lol it has over 100 dungeons/caves to explore but if thats empty to you then fair enough lol.

Yes it does have a lot of dungeons, but where is the variety? 90% of those are either Draugr caves or bandit camps. The other 10% are Falmer, with the occasional animal cave. Mix that with the fact that the open world barely had anything in it (occasional spider, troll, bear, or thief here and there). Throw in the shallow combat of 'press R1' and the generic chosen one story. That was boring as hell to me. If you enjoy that, that's great. I just like my RPGs to have more depth.

Cry me a river lol, go play an rpg you like then and stop wasting time complaining about the ones you dont.

I wasn't complaining. I thought we were having a discussion/debate about Skyrim, but I guess not. If you can't handle legitimate criticisms, then I'll "stop wasting your time".

I think it sounds pretty cool. It fits the post apocalyptic theme of the Fallout games. At least more exciting than 'Fallout 4'.

Wouldn't it sound better with a city in it's title?

Just Fallout: Shadows would sound cool.

But what about something that refers to the Fallout Universe, like

Shadow of Legate, Shadow of Commonwealth, Shadow of Enclave, Brotherhood of Shadow, ...

No?

Am I the only one :P

Everyone it's opinion :P

• Like 1

Again when did I SAY I hated it? I couldn't be bothered if it was your favorite game either, an opinion is an opinion, and if it *was* made by a Japanese company (Because not all of Japan can fit into one studio) It probably would've been a disappointment and they would've added some more features into the character creator, more weapons, further weapon customization ect...

Again let me just illiterate I do not hat Skyrim in any way shape or form, just so you don't make that mistake again.

But a Japanese dev did make their own Skyrim. It's called Dragon's Dogma, and it's amazing.

Wouldn't it sound better with a city in it's title?

Just Fallout: Shadows would sound cool.

But what about something that refers to the Fallout Universe, like

Shadow of Legate, Shadow of Commonwealth, Shadow of Enclave, Brotherhood of Shadow, ...

No?

Am I the only one :P

Everyone it's opinion :P

Actually yeah, Fallout: Shadows would sound cooler. I guess they would put the name of the city in there to let everyone know? Kinda like Fallout: New Vegas.