Which is the hardest racing to Platinum ever.

patrickogorman19

Which is the hardest car racing game to platnium  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the hardest racing game to platnium .

• Wipeout HD
    • Need for speed the shift
    • Gran turismo 5
    • Blur
    • Midnight Los Angela's.
    • Driver San Francisco
    • Trackmania turbo
    • Grid auto sports
    • Gran turismo 6
    • Need for speed the run
    • F1 2010
    • Unlimited test drive 2
    • Mod nation races
    • Sonic all stars racing transformed
    • The Crew
    • Blood drive
    • Project Cars
    • Motor storm pacific rift
    • Need for need shift 2 unleashed.
    • Death track Resurrection

Like everybody here, GT5; this takes the cake of hours upon hours of playing; I thought it wasn't bad when I played GT4 on PS2 but I was wrong....it took some time to platinum because of the GTR Trophy being the last one; always clocked over 2 miliseconds every damn lap; but then there was method to cut down by 1 minute 40 seconds but that was fixed  :)

Edited by Smushpie

Like everybody here, GT5; this takes the cake of hours upon hours of playing; I thought it wasn't bad when I played GT4 on PS2 but I was wrong....it took some time to platinum because of the GTR Trophy being the last one; always clocked over 2 miliseconds every damn lap; but then there was method to cut down by 1 minute 40 seconds but that was fixed  :)

not surprised that that most people find this hardest.

GT5 trust me, I've been there O_O;

24 hours ls actually tooks real life 24 hours instead of making it a in game hours or a 400 lap like in GT2, and basically you need to get everything GOLD!! and don't get me started on the freaking chaos race called B-Spec races.

and now since Poly Phony Digital have shut down the server for GT5 in favor of GT6 which mean bye bye to the online dealer ship it's impossible now to achieve the car collector bronze trophy.

and where's Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed???

24 hours ls actually tooks real life 24 hours instead of making it a in game hours or a 400 lap like in GT2, and basically you need to get everything GOLD!! and don't get me started on the freaking chaos race called B-Spec races.

and now since Poly Phony Digital have shut down the server for GT5 in favor of GT6 which mean bye bye to the online dealer ship it's impossible now to achieve the car collector bronze trophy.

car collector is still possible just buy the go kart until you have 1000 cars.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My proudest plat is Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

Edit : And I did it when there were almost only "Pros" left.

Good job.

You can buy the go kart for 5,000 cc 1000 times.

GT5 without a doubt.  One of my proudest plats, and also the reason why I basically swore off racing games altogether.  I own GT6, and maybe one day will give it a shot, but as someone whose 100% every GT game and 1000G'd every Forza game I've played, and used to love racing games, the fact that this game broke me is proof enough.  It's not just time consuming as some (who don't have the platinum) claim it to be.  There's challenges that take 2 minutes to pass with a gold rating and they took me weeks on end to finally get the times required.  It may be time, but there's enough skill involved to wreck you.  I read an article from a journalist who earned the plat, but only after breaking 3 DS3s and bursting a blood vessel in their eye socket.  So yea, GT5.

GT5

It's not the career races or collecting the cars or anything like that.

It's the gold standard, specifically the special event ones (although the license tests can be tough, too). The trophy for a the GTR race also needs to be considered.

In comparison, the GT6 career races are much more challenging than the GT5 career races, but the Platinum is much easier, and I have a shot of obtaining that one.

GT5

It's the gold standard, specifically the special event ones (although the license tests can be tough, too). The trophy for a the GTR race also needs to be considered.

In comparison, the GT6 career races are much more challenging than the GT5 career races, but the Platinum is much easier, and I have a shot of obtaining that one.

GT6 races are a little harder but they are a lot quicker than GT5. GT6 would be a better game If the had more races and added longer endurance events.

• 2 weeks later...

GT5

the hardest about GT6 is those gold on licenses challenge

Gran Turismo 5 without a contest.

I have the platinum on WipEout HD (and 2048) but they don't even come close to GT5.

I find it funny though that next to a bunch of easy racing plats, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed aren't even listed (which are easily #3 and #4 behind GT5/WHD).

Edited by Zongorillacska
  • Like 1

Gran Turismo 5 without a contest.

I have the platinum on WipEout HD (and 2048) but they don't even come close to GT5.

I find it funny though that next to a bunch of easy racing plats, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed aren't even listed (which are easily #3 and #4 behind GT5/WHD).

Yeah, GT5 is the hardest one, but some people seem to forget about Death Track Resurrection, that is supposedly another hard racing game plat and it only has 26 platinum achievers. 

• 4 weeks later...