Which is the hardest racing to Platinum ever.

patrickogorman19

Which is the hardest car racing game to platnium  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the hardest racing game to platnium .

• Wipeout HD
    • Need for speed the shift
    • Gran turismo 5
    • Blur
    • Midnight Los Angela's.
    • Driver San Francisco
    • Trackmania turbo
    • Grid auto sports
    • Gran turismo 6
    • Need for speed the run
    • F1 2010
    • Unlimited test drive 2
    • Mod nation races
    • Sonic all stars racing transformed
    • The Crew
    • Blood drive
    • Project Cars
    • Motor storm pacific rift
    • Need for need shift 2 unleashed.
    • Death track Resurrection

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Anyway, I won't leave my vote to the thread, no game of any genre or in general should be considered as the most difficult, I won't ever play another driving simulator thanks to the horrors of Gran Turismo 5 so I won't get to test out Assetto Corsa. 

To the first part, why? I think it's more than fair to consider a game being harder than others when it's pretty evident. Difficulty is only subjective to an extent. 

To the latter, you probably don't want to attempt it unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money on a good wheel setup. I heard its near impossible with a controller, but it's had patches since so maybe it's more usable than it was at launch. 

3 minutes ago, Dark said:

To the first part, why? I think it's more than fair to consider a game being harder than others when it's pretty evident. Difficulty is only subjective to an extent. 

To the latter, you probably don't want to attempt it unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money on a good wheel setup. I heard its near impossible with a controller, but it's had patches since so maybe it's more usable than it was at launch. 

I'd only really buy an accessory for a game if I really liked that game, or genre but I really hate racing games and won't be playing many anymore, racing games and RTS games have always never been to my liking. I do have a cheap ass fight stick, but it was mainly purchased as it was the cheapest turbo controller I could find for PS4, but it's actually not that bad to play fighting games with it, but people also say things like "you need a fight stick to improve your execution on a fighting game", however I've done what I've done with pad. I say a game shouldn't be considered as the most difficult because the difficulty of games can be different for various people, I can't turn back time and start Injustice before I did Super Street Fighter IV to see if Injustice would have been more difficult for me, so I probably don't rate Injustice the way most people would. Someone can also be bad at driving simulators, while being great at arcade racers and vice-versa, someone could be bad at fighting games and great at racing games and so on. 

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'd only really buy an accessory for a game if I really liked that game, or genre but I really hate racing games and won't be playing many anymore, racing games and RTS games have always never been to my liking. I do have a cheap ass fight stick, but it was mainly purchased as it was the cheapest turbo controller I could find for PS4, but it's actually not that bad to play fighting games with it, but people also say things like "you need a fight stick to improve your execution on a fighting game", however I've done what I've done with pad. I say a game shouldn't be considered as the most difficult because the difficulty of games can be different for various people, I can't turn back time and start Injustice before I did Super Street Fighter IV to see if Injustice would have been more difficult for me, so I probably don't rate Injustice the way most people would. Someone can also be bad at driving simulators, while being great at arcade racers and vice-versa, someone could be bad at fighting games and great at racing games and so on. 

I've always liked how you reply with such detail haha. That's fair enough though. I think it's easier to compare the difficulty of games when there's a pretty clear gap. Some are just plain obvious or they've left a scar in your memory from how hard it was, while some can be fairly similar and need to be played almost alongside one another. Whatever though, it varies. I'm the same with the accessory thing too, I'm hesitant to even buy a turbo controller let alone a full wheel setup for the odd racing game I'll play. I think the Xim4 purchase for Crypt of the necrodancer is the ONLY time I'll buy something that expensive for a game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dark said:

I've always liked how you reply with such detail haha. That's fair enough though. I think it's easier to compare the difficulty of games when there's a pretty clear gap. Some are just plain obvious or they've left a scar in your memory from how hard it was, while some can be fairly similar and need to be played almost alongside one another. Whatever though, it varies. I'm the same with the accessory thing too, I'm hesitant to even buy a turbo controller let alone a full wheel setup for the odd racing game I'll play. I think the Xim4 purchase for Crypt of the necrodancer is the ONLY time I'll buy something that expensive for a game. 

The Assetto Corsa case has been disputed by @Yuichiro-Akuhei mentioning that someone with the fastest time for that game still thinks GT5 is harder, supposedly. While Assetto Corsa might have some events that are tougher than all of the events for GT5, GT5 most certainly has many more events that require a Gold, so maybe the sheer amount of the events, a high amount being tedious, gives it the edge. GT5 was the game that created the whole "buy a wheel because it's unplayable without" scenario, it has it all really, the very long grinding and the very difficult events. Unfortunately, a lot of people who have only recently got into doing "hard" trophies on PSN can't try out Gran Turismo 5, all because pretty much the easiest trophies on the game have been made unobtainable because they required online and the servers were shut down. As far as I know, Assetto Corsa is going to be obtainable forever, I've not looked into it as I never had any interest in doing it. 

The fighting game dilemma also contains people mentioning that Persona 4: Arena is the most difficult fighting game platinum on PSN, however I've had some friends who did Persona 4: Arena and also have tried out Super Street Fighter IV and they still mention SSF4 being a more difficult game to finish. People could also be looking at rarity and taking it too seriously, as with the case of Injustice: Gods Among Us, where people see that 0.09% platinum and love it so much, I kind of got egged on to do Injustice as some dude thought it was such a tough plat and challenged me to do it and the challenge did let me down, unfortunately it's kind of hard to find a rarer platinum than 0.09% to try out. At least I did discover what is an enjoyable fighting game to play and I was doing some online matches for fun on it, but there's hardly any challenge left since most of the good players have moved to Injustice 2 and I did order Injustice 2, so I hope I enjoy it like I enjoyed Injustice: Gods Among Us. 

• Like 1

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformers.

I have played a bunch of racing games, including both WipEout (HD and 2048), but this one takes the cake. It looks innocent and easy at first but soon escalates with trophies like Yokozuna and Gale Racer, requiring perfect execution and dealing with merciless and unrelenting AI. 

Honorable mention goes for Need For Speed (2016), although not required for the Platinum, the DLC has a trophy for getting all Gold medals in Prestige races, these races are extremely difficult with times and scores to beat that seem impossible to get the gold. 

5 hours ago, Sergen said:

The Assetto Corsa case has been disputed by @Yuichiro-Akuhei mentioning that someone with the fastest time for that game still thinks GT5 is harder, supposedly. While Assetto Corsa might have some events that are tougher than all of the events for GT5, GT5 most certainly has many more events that require a Gold, so maybe the sheer amount of the events, a high amount being tedious, gives it the edge. GT5 was the game that created the whole "buy a wheel because it's unplayable without" scenario, it has it all really, the very long grinding and the very difficult events. Unfortunately, a lot of people who have only recently got into doing "hard" trophies on PSN can't try out Gran Turismo 5, all because pretty much the easiest trophies on the game have been made unobtainable because they required online and the servers were shut down. As far as I know, Assetto Corsa is going to be obtainable forever, I've not looked into it as I never had any interest in doing it. 

Yeah I know a few people that did GT5 with a DS3 without too many problems. The thing with Assetto is that the harder things were almost unplayable with the DS4 on release day. Coping with the understeering among other things was just too sensitive, something that is a lot easier with a wheel. Like I said though I think it's been made a bit more usable since. I have one friend (won't name here) that did the GT5 plat with the wheel sometime last year, but doesn't think he's capable of finishing the Assetto trophies. I guess everyone is different. Rarity doesn't mean anything really, it gives you a small look as to what you're expecting but it doesn't define difficulty like some people think it does. I think you also kinda proved that with Injustice if the guy purely challenged you because of the plat %. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dark said:

Yeah I know a few people that did GT5 with a DS3 without too many problems. The thing with Assetto is that the harder things were almost unplayable with the DS4 on release day. Coping with the understeering among other things was just too sensitive, something that is a lot easier with a wheel. Like I said though I think it's been made a bit more usable since. I have one friend (won't name here) that did the GT5 plat with the wheel sometime last year, but doesn't think he's capable of finishing the Assetto trophies. I guess everyone is different. Rarity doesn't mean anything really, it gives you a small look as to what you're expecting but it doesn't define difficulty like some people think it does. I think you also kinda proved that with Injustice if the guy purely challenged you because of the plat %. 

most of my UR plats are easy.Beating uncharted on brutal is harder.

There are a lot of games I haven't played from that list so I voted for GT5 since it have some pretty shitty trophies, I mean get a gold medal in EVERY race and test, dude that's bullshit ? I mean you can get it if you are really good at GT  but I'd read you even need a steering wheel to get gold in some events. I mean if you need to actually drive instead of using the controler that's some serious stuff, there are also those 24 Hours endurance races that will only award you with one bronze trophy ?

GT5 by far... there is no proof that anyone got the gold on Vettel chalenges with ds3. 

I bought the wheel mainly because of that one trophy that I miss from GT5, but I ll be using it for GT6 and GT Sports also.

27 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

GT5 by far... there is no proof that anyone got the gold on Vettel chalenges with ds3. 

I bought the wheel mainly because of that one trophy that I miss from GT5, but I ll be using it for GT6 and GT Sports also.

I know it doesn't mean much like this, but I never used a wheel for any racing game, GT5 included. Still got all golds with DS3 legit, even the Vettel challenges. It's not impossible, but I definitely remember wanting to kill myself because of how hard it was. I'm pretty sure I actually saved all of the gold replays of the Vettel challenges in-game, so I might look it up if you want.

With that said, GT5 is easily the most ridiculous platinum I've ever done. In general. But that makes me feel so proud of myself!

Edited by Asimb0mb

Considering Asseto Corsa. I heard developers have adjusted the times for special events back in September last year. So that the former bronze times are now current gold ones. Which made the plat a lot easier it seems. But dont take my word for granted, dont really know for sure.

3 hours ago, item112z said:

Considering Asseto Corsa. I heard developers have adjusted the times for special events back in September last year. So that the former bronze times are now current gold ones. Which made the plat a lot easier it seems. But dont take my word for granted, dont really know for sure.

Took me 3 corners to make me decide to postpone playing Asseto Corsa until I get a steering wheel. The precision you need to have to go fast in this game is huge.

On 06/03/2018 at 2:30 AM, OJ9999vr said:

I’ve done Trackmania Turbo, and i’m currently playing wipeout omega collection. 

Right now wipeout seems to be harder, but then again i’ve not got much practice on it.

But all in all i’d guess they’re just about the same level of difficulty, even though one might be slightly harder than the other.

In the end it’s all in the muscle memory, if you practice one track enough it’ll just get natural.

ye ive done trackmania turbo also , for some reason ive been putting of wipeout but now ive seen this im going to start very soon thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 1:42 PM, Ptirle said:

I did all The game with ds3. I even got to record the vettel challenges. I got monza's replay saved and Suzuka uploaded on YouTube . Was overexcited after getting gold on nurburgring, forgot to save the replay. But those 2 I have them saved and Suzuka is uploaded. 

gt5 and wipeout definitately from what i can remember. i bought gt brand new when it first came out and put it right back in the box and havent touched it since lol. wipeout was a great game but good lord it was hard

also star wars racers revenge it pretty dang hard. a few of those races trying to beat the lap times are ridiculous. your going a million mph and if you make 1 mistake on the entire track thats it your screwed. even if you do it flawlessly, youll prob still be 10 seconds off from the record time