multiplayer problem!!

ShadyMeow

15 minutes ago, CntrlAlt said:

Servers are down in europe? Can't find a server

Yes, servers are worse than ever recently.

Me and my boosting partner are having zero luck connecting and when we manage to connect it crashes after a few matches.

Gonna be a total pain to finish this game.

49 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

when we manage to connect it crashes after a few matches.

Yup, that's the way it's been for years. If the server can handle 3 matches a day, you're doing great.

Thankfully, the Vita servers are much more reliable than the PS3 servers.

On 1/10/2021 at 7:24 AM, Helyx said:

Thankfully, the Vita servers are much more reliable than the PS3 servers.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, I didn't find that to be true. Not sure if they've gotten worse or I just tried at a bad time, but they were only slightly better if at all. If I hadn't been self boosting it would have been extremely frustrating. Better to start ASAP rather than waiting for last minute on this one.

Edited by RNumbers

• 1 month later...
On 14/01/2021 at 5:13 PM, Jello said:

I finished up the online trophies today self boosting with two accounts on PS3. The servers worked fine, never ran into any issues for the north america servers anyways.

i'm trying this but i can't create games, the game field remains blank. any solution for that?

16 hours ago, kevao97 said:

i'm trying this but i can't create games, the game field remains blank. any solution for that?

I find that you just have to wait at the options menu for multiplayer. The server will eventually fix itself and you'll be able to start. If you quit the game you basically have to start over the wait period. It took a little part of yesterday evening and some this morning and I was able to get it all done. 

You only need to get through about 16 matches. Thats not bad.

Edited by Ronin893
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, kevao97 said:

You have to wait. Greyed out fields mean the server has crashed. So does the endless "waiting for opponent" message on both sides during the match. Other indication is lack of update on My Matches page when you quit the lagged match and back to main multiplayer menu and it still says old value of currently running matches.

18 hours ago, kevao97 said:

10 hours ago, Jello said:

Hmm, I'll try later on today to see if it will let me create any

It let me create one just there, so the servers are working. I'm not sure why it won't let you tho

2 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Kinda off topic in a way but didn't want to make a new thread - can I do MP before anything else? 

Is it pretty easy to self boost with 2 ps3s? 

Yea, but the game is absolutely fucked up lol (like always, this is a 7 year old thread). You didn't even need another PS3, you can self boost with another acc (another PS3 would make things faster tho)

3 hours ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

How long do you have to wait approximately for it to work and not have each opinion unavailable?

7 hours ago, Ronin893 said:

I find that you just have to wait at the options menu for multiplayer. The server will eventually fix itself and you'll be able to start. If you quit the game you basically have to start over the wait period. It took a little part of yesterday evening and some this morning and I was able to get it all done. 

You only need to get through about 16 matches. Thats not bad.

6 hours ago, zettlock said:

You have to wait. Greyed out fields mean the server has crashed. So does the endless "waiting for opponent" message on both sides during the match. Other indication is lack of update on My Matches page when you quit the lagged match and back to main multiplayer menu and it still says old value of currently running matches.

4 hours ago, Jello said:

It let me create one just there, so the servers are working. I'm not sure why it won't let you tho

today i left my console afk for about 5 hours at different times during the day, and so far i have not been successful. there were only two occasions when I managed to access the multiplayer: today at midnight, and shortly after, in the morning. it was not enough.

Edited by kevao97
typo

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

You didn't even need another PS3, you can self boost with another acc (another PS3 would make things faster tho)

Not sure that's true, but even if it is it's a sure way to drive yourself insane. Having to wait for the servers to resolve before each and every turn as you switch accounts would be a fucking nightmare.

32 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Not sure that's true, but even if it is it's a sure way to drive yourself insane. Having to wait for the servers to resolve before each and every turn as you switch accounts would be a fucking nightmare.

Thats what im doing lol.

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

Thats what im doing lol.

How did you first match your alt? I found that an account had to play at least 1 match to be selectable under "friends." That was primarily what made single-console boosting seem impractical.

Edited by RNumbers

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

How did you first match your alt? I found that an account had to play at least 1 match to be selectable under "friends." That was primarily what made single-console boosting seem impractical.

found myself in quick match

well, i think i hit the right path for kills. as already mentioned, to enter online games you need to be connected and have accepted the EULA; you will know that you are logged in when you have full access to the multiplayer menu (Quick match, create match etc all options). after playing a few turns, my game went offline again, but in the middle of the confusion I joined my own game while being offline, and I realized one thing: you can access the games that are already started online, even if you are offline. although you cannot play, you can access; and that was enough: I had played 5 sequential kills, then I watched the replay of that play and a trophy appeared (it was the trophy for killing 20 units with RPGs). I left the game, went to the stats and my total kills had increased. I went back. watched the replay again. another trophy: 25 multiplayer kills. I repeated until I got 100 kills. remember: the multiplayer screen needs to be disconnected (only one option is working, your matches are in progress) and the EULA needs to be accepted. the game will be in a kind of limbo and you will be able to access your matches and get kills by watching replays. I hope it helps someone! good luck

I loaded the game on an alt first just to see what it ran like - so far sitting and waiting I haven't been able to do anything with MP - not really sure if I want to risk it on my main account. Not that I can ever get complete 100% anymore, anyway, but I would want to go for the plat in this if I can. Only a few days left and it seems busted as hell. Anyone have any input? 

MP is accessible right off the bat, right? I would just have to get lucky with servers cooperating?

4 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I loaded the game on an alt first just to see what it ran like - so far sitting and waiting I haven't been able to do anything with MP - not really sure if I want to risk it on my main account. Not that I can ever get complete 100% anymore, anyway, but I would want to go for the plat in this if I can. Only a few days left and it seems busted as hell. Anyone have any input? 

MP is accessible right off the bat, right? I would just have to get lucky with servers cooperating?

MP is accessible right off the bat and is quite short if you can connect.

I did it with 2 PS3s a week ago (doing it with one and switching accounts would be terrible imo) and it took me probably less than 2 hours game time but a full day of retries.

Servers are terrible, usually up for 1-3 games and can go down for few hours next (got a 6-7 games streak at some point).

I can imagine them being even worse in last days when all slackers will try to connect to the game last minute.

Its ps3 though, if you will play safe you might avoid syncing it before doing the entire online. In worst case you can wipe the profile from the console.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

On 3/6/2021 at 4:43 AM, kevao97 said:

In my experience that happens if you're online when the server crashes, and the game is basically stuck trying to "re-authenticate" you. That process is independent of whether the servers are up or not, but the game has to be running continuously for about half an hour (or more, there's no discernible pattern) for it to complete. You can't turn it off and return when the servers are up. The good news is that the timer seems to be ticking even if the servers themselves are down. If you were in the middle of a match, you can pass time running the campaign while online and eventually you will receive a notification that a game is waiting for your action. Mind you that doesn't necessarily mean that the servers are online and ready to accept your action, just that the "authentication" finished and the options are no longer greyed out.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, RNumbers said:

There's very little action on the servers currently, so if you create a match and switch accounts, your game will always be on the top of the Find Match list. In my experience I never had a stranger jump into my game, even if the spot was vacant for several hours.

6 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

You can go through the trophy descriptions and try to make as much progress as possible without popping any trophy to be safe. It's not hard, you can reach a point where you have all the matches you need to pop all of the online trophies, with your alt account having primed the turn, and basically only needing your own input to give you the trophies. Mind you, you can only be in up to 20 matches at any given time, so plan your matches accordingly.

11 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

In my experience that happens if you're online when the server crashes, and the game is basically stuck trying to "re-authenticate" you. That process is independent of whether the servers are up or not, but the game has to be running continuously for about half an hour (or more, there's no discernible pattern) for it to complete. You can't turn it off and return when the servers are up. The good news is that the timer seems to be ticking even if the servers themselves are down. If you were in the middle of a match, you can pass time running the campaign while online and eventually you will receive a notification that a game is waiting for your action. Mind you that doesn't necessarily mean that the servers are online and ready to accept your action, just that the "authentication" finished and the options are no longer greyed out.

There's very little action on the servers currently, so if you create a match and switch accounts, your game will always be on the top of the Find Match list. In my experience I never had a stranger jump into my game, even if the spot was vacant for several hours.

You can go through the trophy descriptions and try to make as much progress as possible without popping any trophy to be safe. It's not hard, you can reach a point where you have all the matches you need to pop all of the online trophies, with your alt account having primed the turn, and basically only needing your own input to give you the trophies. Mind you, you can only be in up to 20 matches at any given time, so plan your matches accordingly.

So if the game needs to re-authenticate you, are the servers actually working most of the time or not? I am guessing the options are unavailable to select if you need to be authenticated and you can't create match when the severs are not working. I was unable to play yesterday but that would explain why. 

You should be able to avoid randoms. The servers are inactive and even if they were active you can just found the match you want to be in with the options. It is an open lobby but you should have no issues there.

For the trophy you could try not syncing until the online is done and if you don't get the trophies then delete the account from your PlayStation after backing up the saves to the cloud or a USB. You would lost everything not synced to the network if you were to do that.                                                                                                                                                

Just now, TheHarryGamer99 said:

So if the game needs to re-authenticate you, are the servers actually working most of the time or not? I am guessing the options are unavailable to select if you need to be authenticated and you can't create match when the severs are not working. I was unable to play yesterday but that would explain why.

As I said the two things are independent of each other. You can be authenticated while the servers are not up, and the servers can come up with you not having been authenticated yet. All you can do is leave the game running while you're online. After the process is finished, you can check if the servers are up by going to Find Match and checking if it has any results.

1 minute ago, NamoPh said:

As I said the two things are independent of each other. You can be authenticated while the servers are not up, and the servers can come up with you not having been authenticated yet. All you can do is leave the game running while you're online. After the process is finished, you can check if the servers are up by going to Find Match and checking if it has any results.

That makes sense. I was just looking to confirm, so thanks. Now I play the waiting game.