Alien Isolation ONE SHOT trophy Help!?

bart_brock

It actually depends. If you paused the animation of the kill before it finished and didn't see the little save sign in the top left corner of the screen, you should be fine.

If you waited until you fully died, got the black screen with the load game options, then you passed the point of no return :(

The second scenario sucks man :( same thing happened to me and I had to do a fresh playthrough. It happened to me with a pesky facehugger. 

• Like 1

Another question, does killing a civilian count as death? cause I had the black screen with load game options. (yes I intentionally killed a civilian thought it would count as a human kill (which happens not)

I don't think it does, at least it didn't on my One Shot playthrough. I accidentally killed the injured woman, loaded my game up from the load game options and carried on as normal. Still got the trophy at the end :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think it does, at least it didn't on my One Shot playthrough. I accidentally killed the injured woman, loaded my game up from the load game options and carried on as normal. Still got the trophy at the end :)

Sure hope you're right, Killed civillian thinking he was charging me.

Not looking foward to start over again

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question regarding One Shot myself.

If I died during the first part of a mission before using a save-station and missed the opportunity to load current save, is it still possible to reload the mission save or is that save file then screwed? 

From what I have read, loading the mission from the beginning should always work if you mess up your current and previous save slots.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

And how can I mess up my current AND previous save slot? Till now I thought I could reload my previous save as often as I want to. Am I wrong?

It happens when you load your previous save and die on this one again. 

The ultimate possibility is to reload the mission save. But do you have to reload the mission save of the current mission or the one of the previous mission?

Example: I messed up my two saves in the middle of mission 7. Do I now have to reload mission 7 or 6?

• 2 weeks later...

It happens when you load your previous save and die on this one again. 

The ultimate possibility is to reload the mission save. But do you have to reload the mission save of the current mission or the one of the previous mission?

Example: I messed up my two saves in the middle of mission 7. Do I now have to reload mission 7 or 6?

Did you ever figure out the answer to this. I want to start my no deaths walkthrough soon and must admit that I'm a bit nervous.

Reloading the current mission should work. I got killed by a facehugger in the last mission of the game and for some reason I completely forgot to reload my save... so I finished the game with 1 death and I obviously didn't get the trophy.

So I loaded the last mission from the main menu and completed it whitout being killed this time around... and the trophy did pop.

Playing on hard mode or playing to get the "One shot" trophy are the only ways to get the full experience out of this game IMO.  :)

Reloading the current mission should work. I got killed by a facehugger in the last mission of the game and for some reason I completely forgot to reload my save... so I finished the game with 1 death and I obviously didn't get the trophy.

So I loaded the last mission from the main menu and completed it whitout being killed this time around... and the trophy did pop.

Playing on hard mode or playing to get the "One shot" trophy are the only ways to get the full experience out of this game IMO.  :)

I'm currently playing through on hard mode and have got as far as chapter 18, but I'm struggling now, lol. As soon as I'm done I will do the no death and no human kills playthrough. Really loving the game but damn, it is so tense. Definitely can't play at night alone.

• 3 years later...
On 25.03.2015 at 8:50 AM, DennisBosater said:

I have a question regarding One Shot myself.
If I died during the first part of a mission before using a save-station and missed the opportunity to load current save, is it still possible to reload the mission save or is that save file then screwed? 

I have the same problem. I've started mission 11, there was no saving station and i accidentally died from the bomb i threw at an android and saw a loading screen. I don't know if both my save's were in mission 10, or only the previous one but i decided to reload mission 11. Did i make a right decision or a wrong one and from now on my save's are corrupted ?

9 minutes ago, Typical PSNPee User said:

Can't you go back to a previous mission before the mission you died?

Also backup your save on PS+/USB after finishing a mission.

There was no save station at the beginning of mission 11 and i've died. But If i have no other choice and it was a wrong decision to reload mission 11 instead of mission 10 than i will go back and start previous mission from the beginning. Thanks

Edited by NorrinnnR

53 minutes ago, Typical PSNPee User said:

Can't you go back to a previous mission before the mission you died?

Always save twice at the same save station. You have to wait a little bit because there is a cooldown.

Also backup your save on PS+/USB after finishing a mission.

45 minutes ago, NorrinnnR said:

There was no save station at the beginning of mission 11 and i've died. But If i have no other choice and it was a wrong decision to reload mission 11 instead of mission 10 than i will go back and start previous mission from the beginning. Thanks

Does this mean you can chapter-select after finishing a chapter?

I have the game, but haven't played it...yet. :blush: