Trophy Thoughts and Game overview

Saltyie

Before we talk about trophies I've seen a lot of people confused as to what this game is. Assassin's Creed Rogue was created for last gen users, since Assassin's Creed Unity can't run on the PS360. Are you a PS4 user that wants to play it but don't have a PS360? Rogue is releasing early 2015 for PC, and Ubisofts refuse to comment on current gen versions, so I say it's pretty likely. 

In Rogue, you play Shay, former Assassin turned Templar, hunting his former brothers after an event in the story. Unlike the French Revolution, Rogue was created to end the 'Kenway Saga' (Aka AC3 + 4 + Freedom Cry). It takes place during the 7 years war, between England and France, which is after the Golden Age of Piracy seen in 4, but before the American Revolution seen in 3. It has 3 major area in the game, New York (Pre-fire), River Valley (A blend of Land and Sea gameplay), and the Arctic (Mainly Naval). The modern day sees the return of the floating Ipad, and you play the same guy from 4. Despite being a new game, Rogue is essentially AC4 reskinned with a few more features added (Massive Ice breaker ram, being hunted by assassins). 

I've seen the ending, and I'll just say that it paves the way for Unity in a huge way. If you loved AC4, this is more of the same, but better. The PS3 doesn't have any nice PS4 effects, and the frames dip here and there, but if you played 4 on PS3, its not too different.

Trophy wise, Rogue is extremely straightforward, complete Shay's story, complete the modern day story, 100% sync, complete side content, fully upgrade your ship, a bunch of cumulative trophies, and some interesting trophies earned by using cheats. What're your thoughts on Rogue and it's trophies? Personally I'm looking forward to seeing it all get tied together, and seeing the end of characters like Adewale. 

• Like 1

I'm very excited for Unity, while Rogue leaves me conflicted.

The feeling Unity gives me as a PS3 gamer is  the same feeling I got when seeing AC 1 as Prince of Persia fanatic on PS2.

If Unity wouldn't be released this year, I might be excited for Rogue.

But since they are release both titles, it shows what an improvement Unity is and how little Rogue has improved.

I'm certain that Rogue will provide a pleasant experience with an even better naval gameplay and the interesting side of the Templars.

However if you look close to Unity and then back to Rogue, Rogue feels like Black Flag in the artic. But for the record, I don't know any spoilers about Rogue, nor have I played anything of it.

The gameplay videos I've seen did improve some features I would have liked in black flag, like seeing your own ship entered, but it's not enough to get me excited.

As a fan of the franchise, Rogue is a game I would want to see on PS+, but Unity is a game I would purchase.

Unity also feels like it's breaking with the franchise as we know it.

I don't know if I'm too hyped about it, but I really hope the RPG elements come to fruition.

I want a real AC RPG game, something I desired for a loooooong time.

Assassin´s Creed became, with Assassin´s Creed 1, easily one of my favourite IPs ever, but I stopped following the story with Revelations, because i think that game sucked. With Assassin´s Creed III however, I decided to follow up the story again and was surprised very positively. The series turned out, to be good again. Currently working on Black Flag and I´m looking forward to Rogue over Unity, since I dont own a PS4 yet (still waiting for Bloodborne to be released). 

Though it's mostly just Black Flag's list with a few differences, definitely looks fun. The platinum name, while not very original, is still cool looking. Earning the trophies with certain cheats on looks interesting. Thankfully, nothing like Sharing is Caring seems to be present. Getting this very soon! :D

Unicorn Slayer FTW!

Edited by DarkStar83x

Not sure, which one I'm gonna play first. Maybe Rogue. Would suck to see those nice Unity graphics and new movements and controls and to go a few steps back. Also the Kenway story seems to be the more logical step to play next for me

I'm going to play Rogue when Unity's day 1 update is downloading, providing they both arrive next Friday.  I keep telling myself that it's only logical to play Rogue first, but Unity just looks incredible.

I'm pretty happy about it. The story in this franchise is among the best videogames have to offer, and i'm extremely interested in seeing the other side of the spectrum. Keeping in mind that it is a full blown sequel to black flag. So I won't be expecting them to be overhauling the series like AC2, AC3, and ACU have done. But more of the way AC:B and revelations did. Just adding a couple new features to toy around with here and there. From a story perspective. This one is clearly the more interesting of the two games coming this year. I'm interested in seeing how they tie into each other. Overall. Its definitely going to be a stellar title (as all of the games have been so far) Granted I don't suppose it'll be quite as good as unity will be. And I'll be honest, i must be sadistic or something. But the idea of killing characters from previous games which i care about excites me. Mwahahahahahaha!!! I'll stop now before i start writing a full blown essay.

tl;dr I think the game will be good. And it looks to be one of the better games coming out this year.

I'm going to be happy to play Rogue. As long as it continues to do what Black Flag did I'm sure it will be fun in a few months for $30. Not meant as an insult, I'm glad they made it and I'll buy it once it hits a decent price. Especially since November is so busy with PS4 games a last gen game can't compete for my tv. Same day with Unity? I just don't understand what the marketing/release plan was for Rogue. 

black flag was my favourite assassins creed (might be abit biased as it was the 1st PS4 game I played). I hated the ship missions in AC3 and was dredding them in AC4 but they improved the ships alot and it was a great addition to AC4, im really looking forward to rogue as iv heard alot of people say its similar to AC4

In Rogue, you have Icebergs. They damage your ship, but you can destroy them with your frontcannons or the new shipweapon.

There are some frozen paths which you can unlock with your ram.

There is a new shipweapon which replaces the handcanon (dont know the english name sorry), the new ones does the same, but ist quite overpowered imo, for ... pursuits or to attack smaller ships. Also it autofires when you hold the firebutton.

If you are not carefull, the enemy crew enters your ship. There is even a trophy when for it.

Your blowpipe is a silenced-rifle now.

Soldiers are a bit smarter now and the "Line of Sight" seems to work different. For example, when a soldier ist just standing and looking around just by moving his head, he will probably see you now ^^... Actually I had some troubles while doing the optional addjectives in the first mission... ^^ But Im into it now, I guess :D

Im sure there is a lot more stuff, but Im just in sequence2 :P Because im doing the exploring and collection stuff in AC while im doing the storyparts. That makes the cleanup after fast and less boring. :)

So, THERE ARE, some new things :P

Let me see if I got this right.

AC Unity is the sequel of AC Rogue?

It's not that they feature two seperate "present day" storylines which are connected to each other?

The only thing related between the two is the modern day, which is supposed to be slightly different, and something to do with Rogue's ending that leads into Unity... beyond that, they are mostly unrelated and separate stories. At best you could call it a prequel to AC3. 

OT: Again, same issue with the trophy look... not really digging it. Kind of bland in comparison with the rest in the series. A pretty straight forward list, practically a do everything you can in the game list. What's up with this and Unity's trophy images? Like no imagination was used. The plat for this should be a half templar cross half assassin insignia or full on red templar cross... A bit dissapointed... perhaps I'm just weird like that... I like when trophies has distinct looks, like Far Cry 3's list. 

Edited by KratosTheMighty

Hoping to see them implement connor DLC or something along those lines, better yet, give him a cameo in unity and perhaps a BIO to finish off his story. Or even better. Just give him a brand new game! 

Would be awesome, but i highly doubt that they will implement Connor DLC, since AC III plays after AC Rogue.

This excerpt from the GameInformer review sums it up for me:

For players trying to figure out which game to tackle first when two Assassin’s Creed games release on the same day this year, the answer is to start here. Shay’s story closes a number of story loops left behind on the American front of the Templar/Assassin conflict, and offers a crucial first step into the new European theater of war. Rogue proves why it’s time for the franchise to chart some new territory, but leaves no doubt about why we fell in love in the first place.