Gaming Sessions: Trophy status update

It's something that has been bothering me for a while...

In any gaming session in "Gamers in this session" section there is a list of gamers participating in the session and the number of trophies (from the provided list for boosting obviously) they own.

But it isn't updated. It always stays the same as when the gamer joined.

I think that (of course, if it's possible) updating that section once a day would be very helpful. Because otherwise, I don't see much point in having it there.

Especially in bigger and longer sessions because session host could kick those who are already complete so there would only be players still available to boosting and newcomers could boost with them instead of writing to someone who already completed the boosting.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

I thought that info did update, but only when that user updated their profile - I could be wrong though, I haven't paid close attention to it when doing gaming sessions :P

Like Dr. mentioned, it didn't =)

For example, check my 2 sessions.

https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/30991-FIFA-Street

https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/29415-Yu-Gi-Oh-Millennium-Duels

I completed both games already and updated many times but I still have 3/7 and 0/2 respectively =)

Ah, I see that, well then I think what you're saying is a good point then - I'm a little surprised that it doesn't update! Though it could be some kind of technical complication too may be the reason why Sly never had it update  :dunno: Either way, yeah, I'd like to see this info be updated if it's possible, I think that would be helpful!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Ah, I see that, well then I think what you're saying is a good point then - I'm a little surprised that it doesn't update! Though it could be some kind of technical complication too may be the reason why Sly never had it update  :dunno: Either way, yeah, I'd like to see this info be updated if it's possible, I think that would be helpful!

Yea, I was also surprised and also thought it was a technical issue because otherwise, as I said, it wouldn't make much sense to put it there...

• Like 1

The Session's were originally intended for just 1 Gaming Session(I believe), so the Stats(Trophies) of the people Joining are tracked for that Once scheduled meet.

I Think it doesn't update because Sly didn't expect people to Edit the Session Time before & after the Session(s) Happen, so that people don't lose track of the participants.

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 1 year later...

There could be a 'refresh progress' button on the right side of the sessions, close to the 'leave/join' button and it should be able to be pressed by any member and it would refresh everyone. This wouldn't update the players profiles, just pull the info already from there on the session.

Also, would be very nice if I could know somehow which players got which trophies. You could either hover other the name of the people on the right side and show what trophies they don't have yet (because knowing what they already do is kinda pointless, no sane person is insterested in boosting a trophy they already already have). And/Or on the selected trophies intended for the session, there could be the name of the players who have them. I would highly suggest that the names should be color-coded with the 'frame' around the players on the right side, for easier and faster indentification. Color coding should be optional on options though.

• Like 3

There could be a 'refresh progress' button on the right side of the sessions, close to the 'leave/join' button and it should be able to be pressed by any member and it would refresh everyone. This wouldn't update the players profiles, just pull the info already from there on the session.

Sounds like a good solution.

Hopefully it's going to be implemented.

• Like 1

This is a great idea.

I remember sessions I set up for UC2 and UC3 were sometimes done a few days prior to them happening and the people that joined at the beginning may have actually achieved some of the trophy requirements prior to the session starting. That's just a single session, extended sessions obviously become even more convoluted.

As a host a refresh button would be most useful so you can better strategize the session.