Hyperdimension Neptunia Fanclub

Satoshi Ookami

Thought i'd spent some time on something nepgear related in photoshop(my signature).  

Still need to get back to playing Re:birth 1. Also still need to platinum the first HDN, pp idol and re;birth. Would be awesome to have all the platinums.

I want your signature. :~:

So, what do you guys think is your favourite OST from Neptunia? Here are two of mine:

http://youtu.be/puHVRcRi1Kc

That title is misspelled...

And this one. <3 Though, I think this one is obvious. :P

http://youtu.be/sEz9zNNEhaI

I hope you like them too. <2

• Like 1

Favorite songs, huh? If I have to pick, it would be these. 

Miracle Portable Mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Z7NjvVOr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u-1_RO0gow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYrduuavhc

Perfect ☆ Quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GRaz9HFY5E

Knowing me, I have a lot more favorite songs in the series. :)

• Like 2

Teehee... My favourite of the character songs has to be the duet one between Neptune and Nepgear. I cannot remember for the life of me what the name is. Also, this is way out of the ordinary but...

Who still hates this guy after getting owned by him so many times? :P

Everyone who has played Mk2 knows this boss theme and where it plays all too well. leal

Started Victory not too long ago, is it bad I actually really like the english voices? I always do a japanese/english voice playthrough.

Played through the games (excluding Noire since that's currently JP only and the JP version of the original) with the English voices and love them (especially Neptune and Nepgear). Watched the anime in Japanese and also love them.

Be thankful that the English voices are great in comparison to say... anything done by 4Kids. (Now that I think of it, that's probably the reason why I'm fine with the English voices in any JRPG)

P.S. Please have no one start a war here comparing U.S. to JP voices. That's in different thread on the site.

• Like 1

Started Victory not too long ago, is it bad I actually really like the english voices? I always do a japanese/english voice playthrough.

But overall I love the game and will try my best to platinum it.

Right now I'm playing Victory and PP in English. I played the original Hyperdimension Neptunia in Japanese during one of my play throughs, and I can honestly say I like them both, though a few of the English voices annoy me a bit.

• Like 1

Right now I'm playing Victory and PP in English. I played the original Hyperdimension Neptunia in Japanese during one of my play throughs, and I can honestly say I like them both, though a few of the English voices annoy me a bit.

Yeah I can see how some of the voices be a bit annoying but you get used to it really, I love Neptune's english VA and especially Plutia's.

Played through the games (excluding Noire since that's currently JP only and the JP version of the original) with the English voices and love them (especially Neptune and Nepgear). Watched the anime in Japanese and also love them.

Be thankful that the English voices are great in comparison to say... anything done by 4Kids. (Now that I think of it, that's probably the reason why I'm fine with the English voices in any JRPG)

P.S. Please have no one start a war here comparing U.S. to JP voices. That's in different thread on the site.

Alright, I won't.  I just wanted to say how I felt about the voices is all. :P

Edited by S4V463_F0XH0UND
  • Like 1

Yeah I can see how some of the voices be a bit annoying but you get used to it really, I love Neptune's english VA and especially Plutia's.

Yep, overall the english voices for Victory are great but when they talk in the cutscenes, sometimes their lips don't match all the way with the text but thats alright.

It's funny you said that because Neptune's and Plutia's English voices are the only one's that annoyed me. I eventually got over Neptune's voice, but since I've only just been exposed to Plutia's voice under a week ago, I'm still getting used to it.

It's funny you said that because Neptune's and Plutia's English voices are the only one's that annoyed me. I eventually got over Neptune's voice, but since I've only just been exposed to Plutia's voice under a week ago, I'm still getting used to it.

Yeah, I like both of the voice options tbh.

I just like the way Neptune says "Jump!" "I'm a kangaroo!" and stuff when she's in a dungeon and other things she says throughout the game. Now idk how the anime would be when they dub it into english if they do.

Edited by S4V463_F0XH0UND
  • Like 1

Alright, I won't.  I just wanted to say how I felt about the voices is all. :P

Sorry if I threw you off a bit about that, just wanted to warn everyone here.

Though on my own opinion, none of the voices were generally annoying on my end, though since I watched the anime before playing Victory, Plutia's EN VA did throw me off a bit for a while. Though that changed for the better (IMO) once she went HDD.

• Like 1

Sorry if I threw you off a bit about that, just wanted to warn everyone here.

Though on my own opinion, none of the voices were generally annoying on my end, though since I watched the anime before playing Victory, Plutia's EN VA did throw me off a bit for a while. Though that changed for the better (IMO) once she went HDD.

I like Plutia's HDD voice much better. Speaking of the anime, I've been wanting to watch that for a while, but I wanted to at least get through all of the HDN PS3 games first so I wouldn't see some random character I never met before. Since I just got Victory, I should watch it soon.

• Like 1

I like Plutia's HDD voice much better. Speaking of the anime, I've been wanting to watch that for a while, but I wanted to at least get through all of the HDN PS3 games first so I wouldn't see some random character I never met before. Since I just got Victory, I should watch it soon.

Yes, all of the current characters are introduced in the anime. Teehee. I personally have not gotten completely through it yet, I'm still on episode 6. Should finish soon.

Concerning voices, I cannot stand them too much. It is not that I hate them, rather I get the same feeling from them as I do most English Dub voices. I feel embarrassed listening to them. To me, they just never seem to suit the character, or just sound far too "forced" to fit a particular emotion, and it just comes off as...Fake. Just how I see it, though. I won't say there are no English Dubs I have enjoyed, however. There are a few. Mainly the Yu-Gi-Oh, Death Note, and DBZ dubs. le On just about everything else, I prefer the Japanese voices. I have to say, though. Nepgear's English VA does not do a bad job, I actually like her voice, but I still do not prefer over the Japanese voice. Rom and Ram's too.

Before I try and kill the vocal language topic above, I might as well say one last thing on the voices:

While practically none of the voices bother me, when it comes to the CPU candidates, it's a bit odd. For the English voices (and once again, this is my opinion) Ram and Rom sound older than they should be, but Nepgear and Uni sound fine for their age. For the Japanese voices on the other hand, Ram, Rom, and Uni sound their age, but Nepgear sounds much younger than she looks and Uni in HDD sounds like she is a lot older (despite the cup size decrease  :awesome:), but of course, you never know "how much older" they get going into HDD.

Nevertheless, I enjoy both the English and the Japanese voices equally.

So now throwing this away, anyone seen this? An omake from the from the anime.

Oh, and uh...spoilers for those who haven't seen the anime or finished Victory (because the anime has spoilers from Victory anyway).

http://youtu.be/koNGflfraHI

Edited by Blue-Fire Reaper

Actually... yes, because Japanese voice soundtrack has Hanazawa Kana :P

Before I try and kill the vocal language topic above, I might as well say one last thing on the voices:

While practically none of the voices bother me, when it comes to the CPU candidates, it's a bit odd. For the English voices (and once again, this is my opinion) Ram and Rom sound older than they should be, but Nepgear and Uni sound fine for their age. For the Japanese voices on the other hand, Ram, Rom, and Uni sound their age, but Nepgear sounds much younger than she looks and Uni in HDD sounds like she is a lot older (despite the cup size decrease  :awesome:), but of course, you never know "how much older" they get going into HDD.

Nevertheless, I enjoy both the English and the Japanese voices equally.

Their age... that's pretty subjective... despite looking different, imoutos should have the same age. You know like megamis have.

That's why Horie Yui tries her young voice.

As for Uni sounding older, it's actually interesting. Horie Yui is actually older than Ericchi (Kitamura Eri) but Ericchi has generally older sounding voice in shiriasu moodo so it kinda makes sense HDD Uni sounds older even here =D

And Lowee imoutos, Ogura Yui is ultimate loli seiyuu, I agree that Rom sounds exactly how would you expect =D

So now throwing this away, anyone seen this? An omake from the from the anime.

Oh, and uh...spoilers for those who haven't seen the anime or finished Victory (because the anime has spoilers from Victory anyway).

http://youtu.be/koNGflfraHI

I've watched it with episodes, Nepfun is always fun =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami