Glitch/bug or issue with digital version?

Lady Blanc

I bought Dead Island Game of the Year Edition during the recent halloween sale on the PS Store, and have been encountering a rather common annoyance. Sometimes when I respawn after getting killed,  :r2: just won't work at all, it's not my controller, because it gets detected when I send a message to my co-op partner (I have no mic) that  :r2: is no longer working for me on the game. They've got the physical Game of the Year Edition & have never had this problem once, I have the digital version & have had it happen in the past 3 sessions my partner & I have done.

The only solution I've found is quitting to the main menu & reloading my save, but I'm unsure if it's a common glitch or bug, or that it's the fact that I have the digital version. I've had no other glitches or bugs though, unlike the 360 version, that was a glitchy mess.

Having  :r2: not work makes things unnecessarily difficult, as it's  :r2: that brings up the weapon wheel & allows quick cycling between weapons, and with my luck it always happens when my weapon is at low durability (below 50%).

• 2 weeks later...